Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: valkorum on October 13, 2016, 01:17:41 PM
AFL Trade Whisperer on Twitter saying that STK are offering Hickey and a pick to get Weller

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*takes a breath*

Very smart by the Sainters

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 13, 2016, 01:31:11 PM
AFL Trade Whisperer on Twitter saying that STK are offering Hickey and a pick to get Weller

*takes a breath*

Doubtful.

If anything we'd be offering Longer. Not Hickey.

Longer ain't worth jack atm

Pkbaldy

Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2016, 01:34:42 PM

*takes a breath*

Very smart by the Sainters

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 13, 2016, 01:31:11 PM

*takes a breath*

Doubtful.

If anything we'd be offering Longer. Not Hickey.

Longer ain't worth jack atm

Exactly, so why would we have him as our #1 Ruck if we don't know if he can handle it. We got plenty of midfielders coming through, why would we want another 1 for a gun ruck.

Gresh > Weller.

Pkbaldy

I reckon Armo + Webster to GC could be a chance. But if Hickey goes, i won't bother with my membership. Won't make finals without him.

elephants

I rate Longer, and honestly neither Hickey nor Longer can play second fiddle so having both is a bit of a waste.

Longer has more upside than Hickey (in my opinion) so I don't mind the idea, though I do think you could get someone more established in exchange for Hickey... Richmond would probably give you Dusty + Cotch :P

Regardless, I dont think there's a whole lot to this rumour.

GoLions

Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2016, 01:54:16 PM
I rate Longer, and honestly neither Hickey nor Longer can play second fiddle so having both is a bit of a waste.

Longer has more upside than Hickey (in my opinion) so I don't mind the idea, though I do think you could get someone more established in exchange for Hickey... Richmond would probably give you Dusty + Cotch :P

Hickey was arguably one of the top 5 rucks in the comp this year. Hadn't seen much of him before this year but he was outstanding. Saints trading him and a pick or whatever for Weller would be ridiculously stupid.

As Pk said, if the Saints traded Hickey for someone like Weller, that significantly hurts their chances at finals. Longer hasn't shown much at AFL level (although been great in the VFL from what I've heard) and relying on him would be stupid.

elephants

Quote from: GoLions on October 13, 2016, 01:57:40 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2016, 01:54:16 PM

Hickey was arguably one of the top 5 rucks in the comp this year. Hadn't seen much of him before this year but he was outstanding. Saints trading him and a pick or whatever for Weller would be ridiculously stupid.

As Pk said, if the Saints traded Hickey for someone like Weller, that significantly hurts their chances at finals. Longer hasn't shown much at AFL level (although been great in the VFL from what I've heard) and relying on him would be stupid.

Haha I knew my opinion would be controversial. It is just my opinion, and it is not the general consensus so I expected to cop some heat for it! Like I said though, I'd be targeting someone more established than Weller, there are a lot of teams that could use a Tom Hickey (maybe.. the Saints included haha).

Also who knows, maybe Weller is the final piece to the Saints premiership puzzle?

valkorum

I dont want to give up Weller - END OF STORY

elephants

Quote from: valkorum on October 13, 2016, 02:12:41 PM

haha Rico is the same and so are a few of my Freo mates :P

valkorum

Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2016, 02:14:59 PM

What I saw from his this season... I like.  I think he will be a great player

iZander

Quote from: valkorum on October 13, 2016, 02:20:44 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 13, 2016, 02:14:59 PM

What I saw from his this season... I like.  I think he will be a great player
Thats two seasons in a row weller linked to trade back to Saints to be with his brother! Its going to happen sometime, and to get Hickey, exactly what you need, would be amazing!

Bill Manspeaker

haha I'd listen to my mum's 'insight' on trades over 'the trade whisperer'

and mum doesn't even follow footy. she probably knows like 3 players

Lachie will get here one day though. may not be this year, may not be next year, but it'll happen. juuust a matter of time :P

and no I don't wanna trade Hickey

Mat0369

If I was getting offered Hickey and a pick for Weller I would not think twice if I was Freo. A ready made replacement for Sandi that's still young, you would be crazy to not pull the trigger.

Bill Manspeaker

Hickey is worth more than Lachie at this stage

one of the top rucks or a young exciting talented winger. the ruck is worth more, even though I really rate Weller

Rusty00

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 13, 2016, 02:28:00 PM
and mum doesn't even follow footy. she probably knows like 3 players
I'm assuming one of them is Gibbs?

AaronKirk

St Kilda would be flowering insane to trade Hickey.

Makes no sense when he probably is in the top handful of rucks in the comp. If Freo want a reserve ruck give them Longer.