Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: elephants on September 21, 2016, 12:36:14 PM
Yeah looks like it done. I assume the Suns will be sending the Lions a pick or two to help with their rebuild.

Don't mind it, win-win imo
+1

It doesn't look like Hanley has anything to offer the Lions at this point - if the Lions can get a second rounder (better yet, a first rounder), I would say they have secured a good return on investment

elephants

Quote from: powersuperkents on September 21, 2016, 02:21:46 PM
Yeah looks like it done. I assume the Suns will be sending the Lions a pick or two to help with their rebuild.

+1

It doesn't look like Hanley has anything to offer the Lions at this point - if the Lions can get a second rounder (better yet, a first rounder), I would say they have secured a good return on investment

"The Suns are well placed to secure Hanley with a swag of high draft picks - they hold picks No.4, 9, 21, 22, 25 and 28"

Maybe 21 + 22 for Hanley would seem about right.

Ringo

Quote from: elephants on September 21, 2016, 02:35:39 PM

+1

"The Suns are well placed to secure Hanley with a swag of high draft picks - they hold picks No.4, 9, 21, 22, 25 and 28"

They will need some to use for  Bowes and Scheer from their academy. Both should be Top 20 with Bowes probably top 5

elephants

Quote from: Ringo on September 21, 2016, 02:45:55 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 21, 2016, 02:35:39 PM

+1

They will need some to use for  Bowes and Scheer from their academy. Both should be Top 20 with Bowes probably top 5

What do you think you will get? It won't be an established player as that's what the Suns are so desperate for, and the Lions aren't silly enough to give GC a bargain even if Hanley is not part of the Lions next premiership and has off-field issues.

Ringo

Could be involved in three way trade with O'Meara or Prestia me thinks.

meow meow

This isn't an XV competition. Lions would be lucky to get 25 for him.

Cloke is probably going to the dogs for a 4th round pick.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on September 21, 2016, 03:33:39 PM

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 21, 2016, 03:37:31 PM

elephants

Course its not but he's under contract and is an established player (plus in the Lions leadership group).

Unless Brisbane are getting a good deal they wouldn't be trading him.

Cloke is a different story - stated intentions to leave, chose Bulldogs, played reserves for Collinwood this season etc

powersuperkents

Quote from: elephants on September 21, 2016, 04:10:16 PM

Course its not but he's under contract and is an established player (plus in the Lions leadership group).

Unless Brisbane are getting a good deal they wouldn't be trading him.

Cloke is a different story - stated intentions to leave, chose Bulldogs, played reserves for Collinwood this season etc
+1

The Suns want established players - the potential picks for JoM & Prestia may change the situation (i.e. more likely to give away a second rounder).

I think the Lions will play hardball. But a second round pick seems fair considering Hanley is contracted and I would rate him more highly than Levi Greenwood due to his versatility (Greenwood was traded for pick 25 is a solid draft year).

But I agree, a fantasy football perspective is a misleading way to perceive him (he isn't really who you want as an accumulator), however, he does have certain x-factor qualities that certainly make him worth a second round selection (his ability to score from significant distances in play is certainly unique).

Ringo

Hanley apparently wants out from reports so when this is public expect a lot of clubs will enquire. GWS rumoured to have already enquired. Hanley is contracted to 2019 so Lions would expect fair compensation.

elephants

Ive said a million times, Hanley could be elite in a good team.

Money Shot

So Carlton are getting ...

Grigg
Marchbank
Stewart
Lennon

Will be good for the rebuilding stage 8) especially because we won't have to go to much for them I don't think??? Marchbank being the exception!

Also heard that Tom Lamb may want to be coming back to Melbourne and I've loved him from he's U18's days so if we get him in the next few years I would be stoked! That's more wishful thinking than anything though :)

nrich102

Gold Coast, Brisbane, Richmond, Collingwood and North are all looking at Will Minson apparently. Can't see him being a good fit for either Queensland club or North. Might fit in at Richmond for a season as they look to find a replacement for Maric?

Holz

Quote from: elephants on September 21, 2016, 04:42:40 PM
Ive said a million times, Hanley could be elite in a good team.

well he is at GC at lions so we will never know.