Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 28, 2015, 11:27:41 PM
Quote from: Southstorm on October 22, 2015, 02:50:39 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 22, 2015, 11:00:39 AM
dodgy from Essendon too.  they knew of this before demanding pick 5, then a couple hours later - it's released. dodgy. as. flower.
How do you know that we knew this? What's your source? If it somehow made it's way to our club then how did no other club in the competition find out about it?

Although McConville had been in regular contact with Saints list manager Ameet Bains, he did not reveal to Bains before the Carlisle contract was signed that he had been contacted by Channel Nine regarding the Carlisle video.

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 22, 2015, 11:00:39 AMdodgy. as. flower.

McConville.. his manager... as in, not EFC?

Mat0369

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 26, 2015, 10:48:43 PM
I honestly don't think he's that bad - would probably be better in defence than up forward.

The only problem is that he doesn't have any attributes that make him stand out (not sure why Carlton used a first rounder on him - but he can say that about most of their first round picks over the last decade  :P).

I don't think he was a bust, I just think injuries and a lack of focus prevented him from having an impact. Would like to see a club give him a season to develop him into a key defender. However, I don't think he would ever he able to play in the forward line at an AFL standard. He would obviously need to work on his contested marking (and spoiling)

He's that bad. So to answer this bit by bit.

We played him up forward because he couldn't play as a defender (position he was drafted as). He wasn't quick enough and didn't have the wingspan. He was taller then his wingspan due to his abnormally large head

The attribute that makes him stand out is his kicking. He has a penetrating left foot. The reason he was a first round pick is because it was a compromised draft. He was pick 18 and that doesn't include the pre-list players.

There is also this article

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-26/i-didnt-work-had-enough-at-carlton-admits-delisted-big-man

Reading that, he didn't work hard enough and now that Carlton have said, yeah, nah, he wants to do the things he should have been doing at the start of his career.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on October 29, 2015, 12:17:05 AM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 28, 2015, 11:27:41 PM
Quote from: Southstorm on October 22, 2015, 02:50:39 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 22, 2015, 11:00:39 AM
dodgy from Essendon too.  they knew of this before demanding pick 5, then a couple hours later - it's released. dodgy. as. flower.
How do you know that we knew this? What's your source? If it somehow made it's way to our club then how did no other club in the competition find out about it?

Although McConville had been in regular contact with Saints list manager Ameet Bains, he did not reveal to Bains before the Carlisle contract was signed that he had been contacted by Channel Nine regarding the Carlisle video.

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 22, 2015, 11:00:39 AMdodgy. as. flower.

McConville.. his manager... as in, not EFC?
ehh, still reckon EFC would've known. might be a way prove it somehow, if Essendon haven't destroyed the evidence

kilbluff1985

Quote from: TomK on October 28, 2015, 01:05:58 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 28, 2015, 12:51:15 PM
Think it's more the case Matty stagnated and didn't continue to improve and now some of the youngens are going passed him or offer more in versatility etc.
This.

I remember his game back in 2012 at home against Freo where he had something like 37 disposals and a couple of goals, I think he played predominately midfield that game and showed he had what it takes. When played as a midfielder he can be pretty good but he was pushed put of rotations and couldn't get back in and was stuck on forward flank and was eventually pushed out by the likes of Knight and Atkins.

Reimers kicked 8 once 1 game doesn't mean much

Money Shot

Who's the most likely to be going to Carlton in the pre season draft!?

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 29, 2015, 01:31:45 AM
Quote from: TomK on October 28, 2015, 01:05:58 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 28, 2015, 12:51:15 PM
Think it's more the case Matty stagnated and didn't continue to improve and now some of the youngens are going passed him or offer more in versatility etc.
This.

I remember his game back in 2012 at home against Freo where he had something like 37 disposals and a couple of goals, I think he played predominately midfield that game and showed he had what it takes. When played as a midfielder he can be pretty good but he was pushed put of rotations and couldn't get back in and was stuck on forward flank and was eventually pushed out by the likes of Knight and Atkins.

Reimers kicked 8 once 1 game doesn't mean much

To be fair, they were only on Josh Toy...

Ricochet

Kieren Harper and Majak Daw delisted.
Daw will be re-rookied

Bill Manspeaker

I'd be happy if Saints picked up Harper

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 29, 2015, 01:10:38 PM
Daw will be re-rookied

was going to say. If goldy goes down injured we are in major trouble

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on October 29, 2015, 01:24:57 PM
Daw will be re-rookied

What if Daw is still on the rookie list and Goldy needs to miss 3-4 weeks? Brown?

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on October 29, 2015, 01:29:20 PM
Daw will be re-rookied

What if Daw is still on the rookie list and Goldy needs to miss 3-4 weeks? Brown?
Yep. They're either really confident in Goldy durability or they're fine with Brown being No.1 ruck in Goldy's absence.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on October 29, 2015, 01:31:37 PM
Daw will be re-rookied

Yep. They're either really confident in Goldy durability or they're fine with Brown being No.1 ruck in Goldy's absence.

I think we need Daw. Brown im not confident with him rucking as the sole ruck. I think its a mistake to have no currie and daw on the rookie list.

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on October 29, 2015, 01:33:37 PM
Daw will be re-rookied

I think we need Daw. Brown im not confident with him rucking as the sole ruck. I think its a mistake to have no currie and daw on the rookie list.
Yeh wouldn't want to be over the bye time....
Hawthorn
Adelaide (with Jacobs)
Freo (with Sandi)
Port (with Ryder/Lobbe)

Big games, with big ruckmen

In saying that you can pretty much guarantee there will be a spot for upgrades at that time

Nige

Potentially could have something to do with the fact his court case is in November?

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 29, 2015, 01:35:47 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 29, 2015, 01:33:37 PM
Daw will be re-rookied

Yeh wouldn't want to be over the bye time....
Hawthorn
Adelaide (with Jacobs)
Freo (with Sandi)
Port (with Ryder/Lobbe)

Big games, with big ruckmen

In saying that you can pretty much guarantee there will be a spot for upgrades at that time

good thing he is goldy and the only time he doesn't play is when we rest him. The guy isnt human.