Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Football Factory

Gotta be something to do with his attitude/output ? always seemed to have the skills but never quite cemented himself in the team.

Melbourne or Carlton would be a good move, if you can get him motivated .. worth the risk imo

Ricochet

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 28, 2015, 12:18:04 PM
Gotta be something to do with his attitude/output ? always seemed to have the skills but never quite cemented himself in the team.

Melbourne would be a good move, if you can get him motivated .. worth the risk imo
Actually it was due to this

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/crows-compelled-to-cut-one-more-port-adelaide-could-juggle-rookie-list/story-fnia3xzy-1227582683707?sv=53f30769c2d1503e65bf6b50183e0078

QuoteAdelaide is compelled to make one cut after removing six players from its 2015 list and adding four in a super-active trade period.

This would then open up three picks for Adelaide in the AFL national draft on Tuesday, November 24. The Crows, for the first time in their 25-year story, have two first-round draft picks (Nos. 9 and 13). Their third pick will be forfeited to upgrade rookie defender Jake Kelly.

As Wright is the only Crow without a contract for next season, his delisting seems inevitable. The forward-midfielder played 16 AFL games this year, but only four under interim coach Scott Camporeale’s watch from July.

Football Factory

If he was a good player with a good attitude they would have made room for him at some stage yeah ?

So as I was saying.. I think ? it was something to do with his attitude rather than his skills that couldn't get him another contract with the Crows.

Ricochet

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 28, 2015, 12:33:32 PM
If he was a good player with a good attitude they would have made room for him at some stage yeah ?

So as I was saying.. I think ? it was something to do with his attitude rather than his skills that couldn't get him another contract with the Crows.
Yeh possibly. May have also been a $$$ thing or salary cap. Or that kids like Crouch, CEY, Knight and co have just overtaken him

The statement from Adelaide said

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-10-28/wright-delisted
Quote“Matthew was very professional during his time at West Lakes and he always put the team’s needs first,” Noble said.

“After starting his career as a rookie he worked hard to get the most out of himself.

“Matthew was a popular member of our playing group and the Club wishes him all the best for the future.”

So not sure if it was attitude.

Football Factory

Quote from: Ricochet on October 28, 2015, 12:44:42 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 28, 2015, 12:33:32 PM

Yeh possibly. May have also been a $$$ thing or salary cap. Or that kids like Crouch, CEY, Knight and co have just overtaken him

The statement from Adelaide said

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-10-28/wright-delisted
Quote“Matthew was very professional during his time at West Lakes and he always put the team’s needs first,” Noble said.

“After starting his career as a rookie he worked hard to get the most out of himself.

“Matthew was a popular member of our playing group and the Club wishes him all the best for the future.”

So not sure if it was attitude.

Okay  .. well if they say he worked hard to get the most out of himself, must be he doesn't have whats needed to play AFL.

Like you say it seems the young blokes have over taken him.

Grazz

Think it's more the case Matty stagnated and didn't continue to improve and now some of the youngens are going passed him or offer more in versatility etc.

Money Shot

Matty Wright would be good for some depth at Carlton! He's probably better than Kerridge anyways!

Holz

Quote from: Money Shot on October 28, 2015, 01:00:07 PM
Matty Wright would be good for some depth at Carlton! He's probably better than Kerridge anyways!

Wright could push for Carltons best and fairest.

TomK

Quote from: Grazz on October 28, 2015, 12:51:15 PM
Think it's more the case Matty stagnated and didn't continue to improve and now some of the youngens are going passed him or offer more in versatility etc.
This.

I remember his game back in 2012 at home against Freo where he had something like 37 disposals and a couple of goals, I think he played predominately midfield that game and showed he had what it takes. When played as a midfielder he can be pretty good but he was pushed put of rotations and couldn't get back in and was stuck on forward flank and was eventually pushed out by the likes of Knight and Atkins.

TomK

Haha he really isn't.

Money Shot

Quote from: TomK on October 28, 2015, 01:06:50 PM
Haha he really isn't.
I'll take your word for it! I don't know much about either of them!

Toga

Quote from: Holz on October 28, 2015, 01:03:08 PM

Is that a reflection on Wright being good or how bad Carlton is? :P

Football Factory

Quote from: Toga on October 28, 2015, 01:12:27 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 28, 2015, 01:03:08 PM

Is that a reflection on Wright being good or how bad Carlton is? :P

;D

Grazz

Quote from: TomK on October 28, 2015, 01:06:50 PM
Haha he really isn't.