Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Toga on October 21, 2015, 06:05:19 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 21, 2015, 05:55:12 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 21, 2015, 05:52:28 PM
GWS Giants trade Tomas Bugg and pick seven to Melbourne in exchange for picks 10, 43 & 64

Am I missing something or is that a big win for Melbourne? 7 and Bugg over 10 and junk picks seems like a massive win, and doesn't make sense

Academy points system...

Really changing the way clubs go about trading. Clubs are winning big by packaging up later picks (worth a combined more points, which they don't necessarily need) for early picks which don't really make a difference to the academy clubs who would have to spend them anyway. Looks like the academy clubs are getting shafted, but really both teams are winning out.

Only teams getting shafted are those not involved!

Ringo

Would expect some more exchange of picks tomorrow as well when clubs with academy and father/son picks likely going in Top 20 assess what they need. This why I think Brisbane will accept pies 2 second rounders for Aish. Either that or keep 17 and send Aish to North for Basti. Remember it is Aish that wants to go to Pies so up to them to make it happen not Brisbane's problem.

Toga

Quote from: elephants on October 21, 2015, 06:08:00 PM
Only teams getting shafted are those not involved!

Exactly!

Melbourne wins by getting a substantial pick upgrade at little cost.

GWS it doesn't really affect as they will have to lose that pick anyways, so they are just gaining extra points later so they don't lose later picks.

Clubs that aren't getting involved in the process are the ones that get shafted!

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 21, 2015, 06:00:06 PM
WOW!

DID NOT EXPECT TODAY!

WHAT A MASSIVE WIN!

NEITHER DID I

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Purple 77

Maybe Melbourne said they wouldn't bid on an GWS academy players?  :o

But yeah, the way top draft picks are traded have changed!

Maybe this academy isn't such a bad thing after all? :P

elephants

Yo Carlton, pick 31, 35 and 37 for pick 1?!

Cambo

Quote from: Ringo on October 21, 2015, 06:14:36 PM
Would expect some more exchange of picks tomorrow as well when clubs with academy and father/son picks likely going in Top 20 assess what they need. This why I think Brisbane will accept pies 2 second rounders for Aish. Either that or keep 17 and send Aish to North for Basti. Remember it is Aish that wants to go to Pies so up to them to make it happen not Brisbane's problem.

Brisbane will go back on their lame attempt at a tough stance and roll over.   Aish will be a Pie tomorrow  ;D ;D ;D

powersuperkents

Quote from: elephants on October 21, 2015, 06:03:47 PM
Niiiiice Dees!

More academy points for GWS?
yeah I'm pretty sure that clubs can now pass on their later picks and use the points next season (i.e. they accumulate rather than expire) to recruit future academy players

GWS are probably trying to bank as much as they can for next year so they won't have to use their first rounder (well that's what I heard earlier in the year)

powersuperkents

Quote from: Cambo on October 21, 2015, 06:27:29 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 21, 2015, 06:14:36 PM

Brisbane will go back on their lame attempt at a tough stance and roll over.   Aish will be a Pie tomorrow  ;D ;D ;D
Different team, same spud  :P

Ricochet

Sounds like Carlisle has gone and done a Bennell

LF

Quote from: Ricochet on October 21, 2015, 08:08:19 PM

Yeah just saw that

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ricochet on October 21, 2015, 08:08:19 PM

He managed to flower it up quicker than Lovett. Nice... Hoping it's at least a 2-3 year old picture... Anyway, most of the players go to Bali for the same reason.

Jukes

Hahaha

Karma for not giving up pick 5 quicker :P

Mat0369

What an f'ing moron. Good work Carlton avoiding this me first mess.

Poor Saints though, it was probably Essendon that leaked it. Funnily enough it came out just after the trade went through

Mat0369

I am half watching the video on the ACA website, he sent it to some dudes on Snapchat

The thing is if he has gone the Taylor Dureya this would make it even funnier