Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Money Shot on October 21, 2015, 03:16:31 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on October 21, 2015, 03:08:26 PM
They really mustn't rate those players.
Pick 8 for Geelongs first is a win for us!
28 for Lamb, Summer, Phillips and Plowman is a win!

Really if one of those players becomes a decent player we easily win! All 4 have potential!

Yeah both those trades are crazy wins. You'd put your money at least one of those 4 players becoming better than pick 28 this year. And Geelong won't finish below 10th next year.

Ricochet

Treloar deal done! finally

Pies give: 7, 62 & 2016 first round pick
GWS Give: Adam Treloar & pick 28.

elephants

Known it for some time but the Pies have carved right up there

GoLions

Does that mean the Pies now have two 2nd round picks to offer for Aish?
Would help with getting our academy players if so.

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on October 21, 2015, 05:32:41 PM
Does that mean the Pies now have two 2nd round picks to offer for Aish?
Would help with getting our academy players if so.
Beat me to it GL but hope so.

elephants

Yep Pies have two second rounders, looks pretty well done from here

Ringo

Reckon it is here is the reply I received from ask Schwby

Doug Ring ‏@FFRingo52 10m10 minutes ago

#AskSchwabby Are you confident we will still have enough points to draft Keays and Hipwood if we trade pick 17,
0 retweets 0 favorites
Brisbane Lions ‏@brisbanelions 24s25 seconds ago

@FFRingo52 Yes #AskSchwabby
3:36 PM - 21 Oct 2015 · Details

So we must assume that this will be the case as 39. 41 and 42 will not secure both if both in Top 20..

Ricochet

GWS Giants trade Tomas Bugg and pick seven to Melbourne in exchange for picks 10, 43 & 64

Bill Manspeaker

Melbourne are doing some great work

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on October 21, 2015, 05:52:28 PM
GWS Giants trade Tomas Bugg and pick seven to Melbourne in exchange for picks 10, 43 & 64

Am I missing something or is that a big win for Melbourne? 7 and Bugg over 10 and junk picks seems like a massive win, and doesn't make sense

Purple 77

WOW!

DID NOT EXPECT TODAY!

WHAT A MASSIVE WIN!

shaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 21, 2015, 05:55:12 PM

Am I missing something or is that a big win for Melbourne? 7 and Bugg over 10 and junk picks seems like a massive win, and doesn't make sense

Yeah seems pretty good to me RD wish the Tiges could get involved in some of this  :P

Purple 77

Melbourne also traded Jack Fitzpatrick (who was delisted) to Hawthorn for Pick 94)

elephants

Niiiiice Dees!

More academy points for GWS?

Toga

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 21, 2015, 05:55:12 PM

Academy points system...

Really changing the way clubs go about trading. Clubs are winning big by packaging up later picks (worth a combined more points, which they don't necessarily need) for early picks which don't really make a difference to the academy clubs who would have to spend them anyway. Looks like the academy clubs are getting shafted, but really both teams are winning out.