Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 20, 2015, 06:25:57 PM
how does Menzel even fit into the Crows forward line?

Would have to be on a flank with stints in the midfield in the future I think

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2015, 05:07:38 PM
DIXON!!!

Now time to focus on the 2016 Grand Final haha  :P

You said the same after you got Ryder didn't you?

TomK

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2015, 06:34:11 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 20, 2015, 06:25:57 PM
how does Menzel even fit into the Crows forward line?

Would have to be on a flank with stints in the midfield in the future I think

nas

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 20, 2015, 06:36:50 PM
DIXON!!!

No he said 2015. :P

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: nas on October 20, 2015, 06:49:06 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 20, 2015, 06:36:50 PM
DIXON!!!

No he said 2015. :P

Haha well played!

powersuperkents

Quote from: Jayman on October 20, 2015, 05:12:41 PM
So Gold Coast got more for Dixon than we did for Dangerfield.. ::)
Well Dixon will be the Coleman Medalist from 2016-20  :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: Toga on October 19, 2015, 06:55:28 PM
So Port pretty much getting Toumpas for free. He hasn't shown much but got to be worth a punt given what they are giving up...
Yeah and it doesn't piss me off at all ???

Pkbaldy

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2015, 06:58:54 PM

Coleman with a 6-10 game season?? :P

tbagrocks

H1bb3i2d

Overall, I'm happy with 5 for Carlisle and Bird for Melksham (minus a third rounder where there's not much talent this year).

However, I am a little disappointed that we turned a win in 25 for Melksham into getting someone like Bird. I guess it's the only way the Swans were to be satisfied, but hey it beats sending 25 to the Saints for nothing  ::)

powersuperkents

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2015, 07:03:22 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2015, 06:58:54 PM

Coleman with a 6-10 game season?? :P
The amount of game he'll play won't hold him back. With the Power midfield and Schulz & Westhoff supporting him, he'll be bagging 8 per game  :P

Each transfer period has been better than the last since Hinkley arrived, what are the chances that Fyfe joins us next season  :P (although if I had to choose any player in the league - I would choose Rance without hesitation, I think a premier full back is all we need)

Pkbaldy

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on October 20, 2015, 07:38:32 PM
Overall, I'm happy with 5 for Carlisle and Bird for Melksham (minus a third rounder where there's not much talent this year).

However, I am a little disappointed that we turned a win in 25 for Melksham into getting someone like Bird. I guess it's the only way the Swans were to be satisfied, but hey it beats sending 25 to the Saints for nothing  ::)

Well honestly all 3 teams win this trade... You guys get your Pick 5, Saints get Carlisle and still have a highly usable pick 14 and Sydney get an extra 400 points to secure Mills and maybe Dunkley.

AaronKirk

I don't believe that the trade has been confirmed (the Ess, StK, Syd 3 way deal)

Would prefer to use 23 + 25 to package to give to GWS for pick 8 but Bird is a good pick up none the less.

Apparently Carlton have rejected pick 19 for Chris Yarran. What the flower do they think he is worth. He is probably worth that, none more on his form from last year where he just looked as if he didn't want to be there.

Why the hell are they wanting Kerridge for Menzel? Makes no sense at all... Whatever gear SOS is on I wouldn't mind some.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 20, 2015, 08:15:09 PM
I don't believe that the trade has been confirmed (the Ess, StK, Syd 3 way deal)

Would prefer to use 23 + 25 to package to give to GWS for pick 8 but Bird is a good pick up none the less.

Apparently Carlton have rejected pick 19 for Chris Yarran. What the flower do they think he is worth. He is probably worth that, none more on his form from last year where he just looked as if he didn't want to be there.

Why the hell are they wanting Kerridge for Menzel? Makes no sense at all... Whatever gear SOS is on I wouldn't mind some.

The typical Carlton recruiting strategy. Trade out anybody with talent and bring in as many non-22 blokes from other clubs as they can.

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 20, 2015, 05:05:46 PM
Kerridge will never kick 6 again. That was one out the box

The Menzel boys are made of paper, but have the skills when fit. Still very young so I still stand by my comment.

Surely Menzel is more valuable to them long term than what Kerridge is?

Didn't Carlton learn after giving Adelaide Betts lol

It's not the injuries that's going to see him out the door, it's the lack of effort and work rate. It was extremely apparent this year considering he still has no sign of developing any form of a tank and his 2nd efforts are non-existent. The way I see it, we're after Kerridge anyway (who is a year older then Menz) and maybe Adelaide is offering their first round pick to go with it.

There have been a few reports, the one where we get the Crows 2nd round pick is quite ridiculous, if we did it for that I would be pretty disappointed, but if we could do the deal where we get Kerridge and the 14th pick for Menz and our 3rd rounder it works out pretty well. It's better then giving up our 2nd round pick for him and we get a first round pick for an under performing first round pick that's from Adelaide.

In terms of the Yaz trade, I say we're still asking for Richmond to give us their first pick next year and not pick 19. There is more upside with the pick from next year in a draft that's supposed to be deeper. It makes sense and I would be saying F you guys, give us the first next year