Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Reckon this means we will dealing with Pies for Aish as we need that second round pick to secure academy players although we have 39, 41 and 42 to use as well as 17 which will help.

Ricochet

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 19, 2015, 11:34:58 AM
Bell for 21 wasn't good enough?

We really did overpay for Melksham  :(
They give an upgrade on a later pick though so makes Bell about what, 25-30ish?

Ringo

Reports Stevie J will sign with GWS.

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on October 19, 2015, 11:53:11 AM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 19, 2015, 11:34:58 AM
Bell for 21 wasn't good enough?

We really did overpay for Melksham  :(
They give an upgrade on a later pick though so makes Bell about what, 25-30ish?

I'd much rather Bell than Smells Ham though  :(

Kinda feel like Brisbane got a good deal there.

Toga

I feel like Brisbane got a good deal there as well, that's for sure

Ringo

very happy with that - Replacement for Redden and can kick goals. Welcome home Tom.  Although he is an outside mid.

Ricochet

And another one

Jansen and Josh Walker traded to Brissie for a future 3rd round pick

Ringo

Brisbane have still not received an official offer for Aish from Pies

powersuperkents

I thought Carlton needed the Bell picks because of all the father/son recruits in this draft (same rules as academy picks).

Good work Brisbane. They need a key forward like Walker (he is a spud but he can still play the role they need filled so that's a win). Jansen & Bell are good gets, an inside & outside mid - both are physically huge as well.

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on October 19, 2015, 12:05:34 PM
And another one

Phwoah, another steal I reckon! Even considering those guys are unproven.

powersuperkents

"But reports suggest both players could be involved in a mega-trade to deliver all parties a fair outcome.
In the deal, Port Adelaide would trade its pick 10 and likely a future first-round selection to St Kilda for pick 5. The Saints would hand over pick 10 for Carlisle, and Port would give pick No.5 to the Suns for Dixon."

Bullshower this is a 'fair outcome'. We are still giving up two first rounders for Dixon...

I hope this doesn't eventuate, but our recruiter is not that stupid (they use the word 'fair' because it works out for the two Victorian teams - St Kilda has been more stubborn than Essendon in regards to this trade, excluding the Billings request, and it better not spill over and force us to pay overs. If we wait, the Suns will take a pick 10 for Dixon trade on the second last-to-last day once they realise they are not getting better than that or we add a 3rd-4th rounder).

I don't understand, we are willing to pay pick 10 for Dixon and people claim it's fair (I agree with that)

The Saints aren't willing to trade pick 5 for Carlisle (arguably his effing worth) even thought he's significantly more proven than Dixon.

I didn't really care, but if they try looking to us for a 4-way trade, I won't be happy if the Power gets involved with these two clubs - the Suns have already been bad enough (and at this point it looks as though they are trying to make up the difference for the Bennell trade - which they can only blame themselves for receiving significant unders after publicly shaming the kid before the trade period).

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on October 19, 2015, 11:55:24 AM
Reports Stevie J will sign with GWS.
Yep the Age confirming this now. a 1 year playing deal with a coaching contract after that

Ringo

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 19, 2015, 12:26:29 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 19, 2015, 12:05:34 PM
And another one

Phwoah, another steal I reckon! Even considering those guys are unproven.
as I said in Brisbane thread future Round 3 pick is a virtual packet of chips for Walker and Jansen. Getting these three is a win for us but hope we still have enough points to get both Hipwood and Keays.

Spite

Quote from: Ringo on October 19, 2015, 12:05:50 PM
Brisbane have still not received an official offer for Aish from Pies

Tbh I think that deal is third in line after the Howe one.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 19, 2015, 12:31:51 PM
"But reports suggest both players could be involved in a mega-trade to deliver all parties a fair outcome.
In the deal, Port Adelaide would trade its pick 10 and likely a future first-round selection to St Kilda for pick 5. The Saints would hand over pick 10 for Carlisle, and Port would give pick No.5 to the Suns for Dixon."

Bullshower this is a 'fair outcome'. We are still giving up two first rounders for Dixon...

I hope this doesn't eventuate, but our recruiter is not that stupid (they use the word 'fair' because it works out for the two Victorian teams - St Kilda has been more stubborn than Essendon in regards to this trade, excluding the Billings request, and it better not spill over and force us to pay overs. If we wait, the Suns will take a pick 10 for Dixon trade on the second last-to-last day once they realise they are not getting better than that or we add a 3rd-4th rounder).

I don't understand, we are willing to pay pick 10 for Dixon and people claim it's fair (I agree with that)

The Saints aren't willing to trade pick 5 for Carlisle (arguably his effing worth) even thought he's significantly more proven than Dixon.

I didn't really care, but if they try looking to us for a 4-way trade, I won't be happy if the Power gets involved with these two clubs - the Suns have already been bad enough (and at this point it looks as though they are trying to make up the difference for the Bennell trade - which they can only blame themselves for receiving significant unders after publicly shaming the kid before the trade period).

Wait.. If that trade went through that means we'd get Carlisle + First Rounder 2016 for Pick 5? Surely Port won't agree to that? They'd just give the Suns the 2 first rounders? UNLESS they want more than 2 first rounders?? :S Because they don't think 10 and 2016 First Rounder (Pick 12-15 I reckon) is enough for Dixon?? O.o... But if we pull this off Bains is a flowering god.