Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 16, 2015, 10:05:31 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 16, 2015, 08:52:36 PM
Herald Sun have printed an article saying we are 5 years off making the 8 and 7 off being a finals contender. I stopped reading when it said we should trade Hendo for Josh Walker or Kersten straight up.....

Not only is it out of date since Hendo has already been traded for a future first, we won't be playing finals for 10 years if we do what this halfwit is saying

Same guy said we should look at delisting Dean Kent  ::)

That's when I stopped reading. What an idiot.

Hahaha yeh that guy was an idiot

I think he pretty much just read a couple articles beforehand and then wrote his own

Probably never watched a Melbourne game

_wato

Collingwood gives Pick 7, First round 2016, Pick 47

Collingwood gets Treloar, pick 27, Finlayson

Latest trade rumour I have been hearing, don't mind it at all

And in response to all this banter about the secret groin op, who cares?? Robbo is a twat, and would arguably be one of the most overrated flogs in the AFL media going around, what he says means nothing

All it is, is a groin op, was successful and he isn't a required GWS player anymore despite being currently contracted

Also, I see Eddie employed Treloar's gf at the club, looks absolute certain now 8)

Mat0369

Money Shot

I would of thought that Carlton and Richmond would have agreed on something over Yarran by now ... I would have thought next years first round pick for Yarran would be enough considering tigers should do well this up coming year ...

Pkbaldy

Mat0369

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 09:08:23 PM
He's the old Hawks list manager yeah? I bet it was so hard to draft people with those priority picks you got handed to you.
Wouldn't pay too much attention to what he says mate :P Herald Sun doesn't have many creditable journos...

I found it pretty funny how bad it was. Everyone understands we are rebuilding and it is going to take time, but the fact the article was published on the 15th and the Hendo trade happened the day before......

I wasn't going to waste my time reading any further.

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 16, 2015, 10:05:31 PM
Same guy said we should look at delisting Dean Kent  ::)

That's when I stopped reading. What an idiot.

This might take the cake

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 17, 2015, 01:03:57 PM
A Circumcision?

Yup, club wouldn't be paying for it and it is in the groin region.

H1bb3i2d

Any chance of a Giles - Colledge trade (probably with some useless draft pick swaps)?

H1bb3i2d

And someone please tell me that Carlisle, 23 + 25 is a joke for 5... Supporters have said themselves they would want to turn those picks into 8. If anything less than Carlisle and 8 for 5 is unders, someone gimme some of what they're on, please! Exams are stressful ;)

But seriously, look at what the good, efficient traders like Hawks, Cats etc. do. They don't expect the world for their picks, they target a player and do what needs to be done to get them.

elephants

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on October 17, 2015, 02:31:12 PM
Any chance of a Giles - Colledge trade (probably with some useless draft pick swaps)?

Reckon there's a fair chance. Would work alright for both parties.

Id prefer to keep one of Rosa/Colledge purely for midfield depth. Haven't heard much on interest in Rosa though, might mean there isn't a heap.

Nige

On the bright side of things, look forward to this coming week of the trade period. It's bound to be way busier than this past week.

powersuperkents

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-asking-price-for-charlie-dixon-stalls-port-adelaide-and-baffles-experts/story-fnb7al7m-1227572042060?sv=9983606f9cd4da3c64d2517bba688e99

This is getting ridiculous. Experts think the Gold Coast expect us to make up the difference for their short-sighted Bennell trade (they should not have given him away for next to nothing and destroyed his market value by publicly firing him and announcing his indiscretions).

Two first rounders for Dixon effectively means he will cost more than Dangerfield did... Usually it's starting your desired outcome and then finding middle ground... This is what the Suns consider 'middle ground'... Pick 10 is flowering generous alone considering that Dixon is merely potential, rather than a proven player...  >:(

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 17, 2015, 04:21:33 PM
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-asking-price-for-charlie-dixon-stalls-port-adelaide-and-baffles-experts/story-fnb7al7m-1227572042060?sv=9983606f9cd4da3c64d2517bba688e99

This is getting ridiculous. Experts think the Gold Coast expect us to make up the difference for their short-sighted Bennell trade (they should not have given him away for next to nothing and destroyed his market value by publicly firing him and announcing his indiscretions).

Two first rounders for Dixon effectively means he will cost more than Dangerfield did... Usually it's starting your desired outcome and then finding middle ground... This is what the Suns consider 'middle ground'... Pick 10 is flowering generous alone considering that Dixon is merely potential, rather than a proven player...  >:(

Dixon is a flowerload more proven then anyone you will get at pick 10

Mat0369

Two first rounder picks is also f'ing crazy talk for Dixon. He has had some off the field stuff pop up over the last 12 months and is made of glass. Gold Coast should be happy with pick 10 in that deal and call it a day.

Toga

Pick 10 for Dixon would be fair game. Dixon is more proven than anyone you can get at Pick 10, however he has also had some serious injury problems over the start of his career which aren't clearly behind him yet. Two first rounders is overkill.

powersuperkents

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 17, 2015, 04:29:43 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 17, 2015, 04:21:33 PM

Dixon is a flowerload more proven then anyone you will get at pick 10
I agree with that, Pick 10 is fair game, it's once they start demanding overs when I get annoyed, and two first rounders... The list was young in 2013, however Gray, Boak, & Westhoff would now be considered aging (26-29 yo bracket) and the other players are reaching the 23-25yo bracket - Schulz still remains the only one over 30. I think two first rounders really screws up our team's future (we will be missing 2013, 2014 & 15 first rounders and I don't think missing first rounders for 4 straight years is worth it for a 25yo Dixon). The last time Port Adelaide used a first round pick, was when we drafted Ollie Wines, I'm certain the club will want to use the first round pick in 2016.