Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

With Zac Smith wanting out of GC, GC are now chasing Dan Currie

"AFL.com.au understands North would like to keep Currie and has not given up hope of convincing the 26-year-old to stay. But the Roos will not stand in Currie's way if he believes greater senior opportunity beckons at Metricon Stadium."

Pkbaldy

Quote from: elephants on October 09, 2015, 04:00:54 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 09, 2015, 03:55:02 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 09, 2015, 03:06:50 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 09, 2015, 02:54:59 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 09, 2015, 01:25:39 PM
Praying we dont give our first rounder for Jetta. Please be a second #lowballfordays

I heard the boys on sportsfm here in WA hearing that Eagles were offering Sinclair and Pick 38 (something rnd there)

So your 1st round probably works better for you!

Media garbage!

Anyone with half a brain can see Sinclair is an integral part of our 22. Literally no other player on our list can play his role, especially not Lycett.

Jetta is good, but he's not worth sacrificing an irreplaceable player for.

Our list management team has always been very astute, cant see anything like that occurring.

I thought the Swans would prefer Lycett imo. 3 years younger and could rotate with Nankervis. Also, if they managed to snare Luey, Lycett could be a temporary second ruck (if they got Sinclair, they would intend to play him full-time as he would be close to finishing his career by the time Luey retired).

or are the Swans going for yet another premiership tilt?

Butchered that quote there mate but I fixed it for ya ;)

I agree, Lycett would be a better fit somewhere there's a legit chance he will be a future #1 ruck. He'll never get a look in unless NicNat suffers an LTI (touch wood) and Sydney need a #1 ruck.

In terms of Lycett playing as a second ruck... It ain't gonna work :p

Surely the Swans would prefer Lycett over Sinclair anyway?? He's going to cost them less, and potentially end up being a better player than Sinclair.

silloc

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 09, 2015, 12:14:35 PM
20, 28 and next years first rounder is not enough IMO for Treloar

If I'm Carlton, I'm offering this years first pick you have in a heart beat

If Tyson fetched Melbourne's Pick 3, Treloar is easily worth that or better and GWS would demand that surely

lol.... not a chance. So much wrong with that statement

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: silloc on October 09, 2015, 04:48:15 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 09, 2015, 12:14:35 PM
20, 28 and next years first rounder is not enough IMO for Treloar

If I'm Carlton, I'm offering this years first pick you have in a heart beat

If Tyson fetched Melbourne's Pick 3, Treloar is easily worth that or better and GWS would demand that surely

lol.... not a chance. So much wrong with that statement

Do tell then please. How is what I said so wrong?

He wants to go to Collingwood, so they would need to offer a lot more to snatch him from them I would have thought

Mat suggested they use the earlier picks they get from Hendo and Yarran, and that sounds more like it. I'd be shocked if 29,28 and next years 1st with nothing more got Treloar, and it that's so wrong then so be it

As for the Tyson comment, why is it so wrong to suggest Carlton swap their first pick with GWS and get him, or something similar?

Grazz

Southstorm

Not sure I'd offer that if I was Carlton though, Weitering is going to be a star defender. Finding somebody like that is extremely difficult whereas midfielders like Treloar are much easier to come by. 

Ricochet

Quote from: Grazz on October 09, 2015, 06:05:20 PM
Selwood wants to be traded to the Cats.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-09/eagle-scott-selwood-requests-free-agency-move-to-cats
Trying to decide if its a good or bad thing for him fantasy wise.
They now have Danger, Jelwood, Guthrie, Caddy, Duncan, plus Bartel at times.

What do we think?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2015, 06:08:34 PM

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-09/eagle-scott-selwood-requests-free-agency-move-to-cats

What do we think?

Scooter is fastly becoming irrelevant I reckon

elephants

Is there space in an AFL side for a player who can't hit the broad side of a barn? Possibly, but you'd wanna hope your inside game is elite :P

Thanks for the memories Scooter, I'll never forget the dark days when you were our best player!

Big Mac

Quote from: Southstorm on October 09, 2015, 06:07:07 PM
Not sure I'd offer that if I was Carlton though, Weitering is going to be a star defender. Finding somebody like that is extremely difficult whereas midfielders like Treloar are much easier to come by.

I think the idea is that Carlton would be offering next year's 1st rounder, not this years

_wato

The one to look forward to in that lot Rico is Mitch Duncan I think.

Will get massive help with both Danger and Jelwood simpy gifting him the ball, will always be one of the big three rotating in the mids and he will never get a tag. Could become an absolute pig and have a breakout year much like Gaff did this year.

Will be eyeing him closely I think.

iZander

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 09, 2015, 06:10:22 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2015, 06:08:34 PM

What do we think?

Scooter is fastly becoming irrelevant I reckon
Forgot about Blicavs in the mid, he won't be rucking :P

powersuperkents

Quote from: elephants on October 09, 2015, 06:19:12 PM
Is there space in an AFL side for a player who can't hit the broad side of a barn? Possibly, but you'd wanna hope your inside game is elite :P

Thanks for the memories Scooter, I'll never forget the dark days when you were our best player!
+1

Scooter sucks.

No offense to any Geelong supporters, but he isn't that good. Unless you work on his fitness and eventually make him a super-athlete, he doesn't really contribute anything special (poor decision making, usually reduced a tagging role - not to negate, just to give him a run really hahaha).

I honestly think that the Cats are just hoping his presence will provide a morale boost to Joel  :P

Hopefully the Eagles can milk as much as they can out of the Cats if they decide to match the offer

powersuperkents

Quote from: _wato on October 09, 2015, 06:21:58 PM
The one to look forward to in that lot Rico is Mitch Duncan I think.

Will get massive help with both Danger and Jelwood simpy gifting him the ball, will always be one of the big three rotating in the mids and he will never get a tag. Could become an absolute pig and have a breakout year much like Gaff did this year.

Will be eyeing him closely I think.
Sweet  ;D

I hope that is true because he's been a lock in my midfield for a long time

elephants

A first round selection for him would be a win imo.

Then we can use that for Redden from Brisbane ;D

IN:
Redden
Jetta

OUT:
Scooter
Second Round Pick

Would be chuffed with that 8)