Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-17/speedy-blease-exits-dees

SAM Blease and Melbourne have agreed to part ways, with the 23-year-old seeking opportunities elsewhere after playing just two senior games in 2014.

Jroo

Quote from: Ricochet on September 17, 2014, 04:43:40 PM

SAM Blease and Melbourne have agreed to part ways, with the 23-year-old seeking opportunities elsewhere after playing just two senior games in 2014.
I'd say he's a good chance of landing at Richmond.

SydneyRox

Quote from: JROO8 on September 17, 2014, 04:50:41 PM

I'd say he's a good chance of landing at Richmond.

Where all spuds go to die......

:P

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Spite on September 17, 2014, 04:42:50 PM
Quote from: _wato on September 17, 2014, 04:11:39 PM
Please no to Garlett.. We already have an endless abundance of small fwd/mids, it does my scone in! I'd rather give game time to Karnezis/KMart/Thomas/BenKen etc than give him games. Good player but not disciplined enough - However it would be nice to have a 40+ goal a year kicker, something we have lacked (good small forwards)

Our forwardline would be essentially second rate when I compare it to others..

Sidebottom, Cloke, White
Garlett, Clark, Elliot

Seems like we're scraping out of the barrel when you look at Sydney/Hawthorn/Port Adelaide etc lolllll

Reads much better when you say;

Sidey, Cloke, Elliot
Garlett, Waylen, Clark  😜

All those smaller players minus karny (because he isn't small) are midfielders. None are forwards and just because we have had a lack of small forwards since didak, doesn't mean we can stuff small mids into the pockets. Karny is being groomed as a tall mid and will probably play wing. Lumumba and ball out free up room for Kmart and JT in and hopefully Clint young doesn't play and we can play another mid.

Then everyone's happy, a dynamic forward line of actual forwards, a more settled backline (with Reid back there) and a midfield of up and comers.

Although the team will be very very very young

Hey, where's Broomhead in all that!?

Spite

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 17, 2014, 04:55:04 PM
Quote from: Spite on September 17, 2014, 04:42:50 PM
Quote from: _wato on September 17, 2014, 04:11:39 PM
Please no to Garlett.. We already have an endless abundance of small fwd/mids, it does my scone in! I'd rather give game time to Karnezis/KMart/Thomas/BenKen etc than give him games. Good player but not disciplined enough - However it would be nice to have a 40+ goal a year kicker, something we have lacked (good small forwards)

Our forwardline would be essentially second rate when I compare it to others..

Sidebottom, Cloke, White
Garlett, Clark, Elliot

Seems like we're scraping out of the barrel when you look at Sydney/Hawthorn/Port Adelaide etc lolllll

Reads much better when you say;

Sidey, Cloke, Elliot
Garlett, Waylen, Clark  😜

All those smaller players minus karny (because he isn't small) are midfielders. None are forwards and just because we have had a lack of small forwards since didak, doesn't mean we can stuff small mids into the pockets. Karny is being groomed as a tall mid and will probably play wing. Lumumba and ball out free up room for Kmart and JT in and hopefully Clint young doesn't play and we can play another mid.

Then everyone's happy, a dynamic forward line of actual forwards, a more settled backline (with Reid back there) and a midfield of up and comers.

Although the team will be very very very young

Hey, where's Broomhead in all that!?

Replace broomhead with Sidey and Sidey may play hbf or you know, the wing where I forgot to mention him 😜

Mat0369

At least that puts an end to the rumor of us trading for him.

Ricochet

Luke Tapscott has requested a trade to Carlton according to Triple M.

Rusty00

Quote from: Sweetness on September 17, 2014, 04:04:34 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 17, 2014, 02:42:00 PM
Also

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-offer-james-frawley-3m-for-five-year-deal/story-fniv64vs-1227061568883

FREE agent James Frawley is considering a five-year contract worth $3 million to join Fremantle from next season.

Frawley, 26, next week, is considering a deal worth $600,000 a season from next year if he takes Fremantle's offer and walks out on Melbourne as an unrestricted free agent.

He's not worth that much surely?
Most free agents are not worth as much as they get ;)

Toga

Interesting... Tappy showed a bit as a junior but hasn't done much since, could be a good get for Carlton if they can get his development right.

Ricochet

From 2014 AFL Offeason on twitter/facebook

Kristian Jaksch could be bound for the Western Bulldogs since the Dogs have become "confident" of luring the homesick key position forward/defender.
Jaksch, who grew up a Western Bulldogs supporter is set to accept a five-year deal from the Bulldogs according to 3AW.

Mat0369

So replace Blease with Tapscott. I didn't mind Tapscott when he was drafted, he could be a Robbo replacement but not as good. I still wouldn't trade for him

Nige

I can see us looking at Blease, I'm not sure where he fits in though. I don't actually see him being best 22.

Mr.Craig

So, are Carlton going to have 50 guys on field next year?

Nige

Mr.Craig