Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 08, 2015, 06:33:23 PM
Quote from: Toga on October 08, 2015, 06:18:10 PM
So if Aish wants a trade, but Brisbane say they won't trade him... What does that mean? Straight to the draft and they lose him for nothing?

No way

Brisbane aren't stupid
Yeah I think it's a negotiation tactic - they will try to land a decent player or a 1st round pick.

It could also make Carlton reconsider pick 1 and possibly go Aish over Schache (leaving the key forward to fall to the Lions) - so unlikely though, almost impossible haha (Jacobs dropped 20 places his 2nd time around)

Ricochet

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-2015-james-aish-requests-trade-to-collingwood-but-lions-playing-hardball/story-fni5f6hd-1227562230246

QuoteLions chief executive Greg Swann drew a line in the sand today, adamant Brisbane was prepared to lose Aish to make a stand against player departures.

“We are not trading him. He either plays at Carlton or he plays for us,’’ he told the Herald Sun.

Toga

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 08, 2015, 06:33:23 PM
Quote from: Toga on October 08, 2015, 06:18:10 PM
So if Aish wants a trade, but Brisbane say they won't trade him... What does that mean? Straight to the draft and they lose him for nothing?

No way

Brisbane aren't stupid

Well that's what I was thinking... So why say that in the first place haha? :P

Ringo

So the fun starts with Aish and see what happens. Admire the club for stance taken given how we were dudded with go home players 2 years ago. We bowed to player demands then and then got screwed at trade table and had to accept what was offered. About time also clubs took a stand for young players that are under contract and want out.

Know it can work both ways but as the saying goes once bitten twice shy.

Bill Manspeaker

I sorta like how Brisbane are making a stance, but feel they could miss out on some good compensation.

use pick 7(?) on a kid, and then a few years later lose him for nothing. I reckon they should play ball

powersuperkents

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 08, 2015, 07:12:15 PM
I sorta like how Brisbane are making a stance, but feel they could miss out on some good compensation.

use pick 7(?) on a kid, and then a few years later lose him for nothing. I reckon they should play ball
Well Carlton are interested in Aish, and Brisbane claim that they are only open to trading Aish with them.

If Bell requests a trade home it could open up the potential for a straight swap

Ricochet

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 08, 2015, 07:18:32 PM

Well Carlton are interested in Aish, and Brisbane claim that they are only open to trading Aish with them.

If Bell requests a trade home it could open up the potential for a straight swap
No Brissie are saying they would rather let him go to the preseason draft (and get picked up by Carlton) then trade him out

Ringo

Would be an interesting situation if he was forced into the draft and Carlton did not take him at 1 would we take him at 2  on the principle.

Sort of torn both ways but can not see Pies giving up a first round pick especially with other fish they are trying to land hence i think the stance we are taking.

regarding Bell and a straight swap do not know how that sits with Aish given he has nominated Pies.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ricochet on October 08, 2015, 07:22:37 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 08, 2015, 07:18:32 PM

No Brissie are saying they would rather let him go to the preseason draft (and get picked up by Carlton) then trade him out
Really?

I thought they were at least referring to the Nat - so that Carlton would select Aish and Brisbane could pick up Schache.

This is quite the stand by the Lions. This is why the AFL should not have changed the academy rules, home grown players would be easily accessible for the Lions and the club would not have to deal with players like this. Again, I admire the stand the club has taken with Aish.

Nige

Hawks have delisted Woodward, Grimely and Hardisty.

Edit: They're apparently keen to re-draft Woodward and put him on the rookie list.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ringo on October 08, 2015, 07:23:35 PM

Would be an interesting situation if he was forced into the draft and Carlton did not take him at 1 would we take him at 2  on the principle.

Sort of torn both ways but can not see Pies giving up a first round pick especially with other fish they are trying to land hence i think the stance we are taking.

regarding Bell and a straight swap do not know how that sits with Aish given he has nominated Pies.
Brisbane should just keep deliberately coming last every third year and constantly draft, & re-draft Aish until he retires or quits hahaha

RaisyDaisy

I feel sorry for Brisbane. This wanting to go home rubbish is such an easy cop out to leave. Teams invest years into kids when they arrive, and then they just leave. It's just not right and something needs to change

Duffman retiring was a little surprising. Guessing they told him he would get delisted so he opted to retire

Jukes

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 08, 2015, 07:48:05 PM
I feel sorry for Brisbane. This wanting to go home rubbish is such an easy cop out to leave. Teams invest years into kids when they arrive, and then they just leave. It's just not right and something needs to change

I agree, players are such little doges now

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Jukes on October 08, 2015, 08:01:14 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 08, 2015, 07:48:05 PM

I agree, players are such little doges now

Shocked that Jukes actually agrees with something here :P

These kids get drafted and it's the best day of their lives, then a couple of years in the system and they just think they don't owe the club anything and pack up and leave. Hopefully a change or rules around this are introduced eventually

Money Shot

If Aish requested collingwood is there any point in us picking him up in the pre season draft? (Us being Carlton)

Also, if Brisbane doesn't trade and let's him go to the preseason draft do they get anything in return?