Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstorm

Quote from: meow meow on October 06, 2015, 09:21:09 AM
Bennell didn't turn up to the medical at Richmond. Needless to say they were not impressed and ruled him out immediately. Is this guy for real?

Carlisle wouldn't speak to the Dogs unless we told him what we were going to offer him in terms of $$$ first. Is this guy for real?

Bugg likely headed to Melbourne.

Melb (Paul Roos) still chasing Luke Parker hard.
To be fair, if I had two job offers on the table for $600k per year plus then I wouldn't be too keen to go to another one unless I knew it was going to be worth my time. I guess Carlisle figures that WB don't have as much in the salary cap as saints and the blues.

Southstorm

Quote from: meow meow on October 05, 2015, 10:07:07 PM
I'd happily give up pick 11 and Hrovat for Carlisle. AA quality KPD in his absolute prime.
Can we have somebody other than Hrovat? We have enough manlets on our list.

RaisyDaisy

SYDNEY Swans midfielder Luke Parker is set to sign a contract extension before Christmas, his manager says.

Speaking to NAB AFL Trade Radio, Ned Guy said there was interest from other clubs but Parker was happy to stay with the Swans.

Parker, who turns 23 later this month, won the club's best-and-fairest last year when the Swans made the Grand Final and in contracted until the end of next season.

"He's going to have a good long think about it, but I think all signs point to Luke committing long-term with the Swans," Guy said.

Melbourne had not offered a deal to Parker, but after rumours emerged that the Demons had tabled a big contract they made contact with Guy.

"Once that rumour went around last week I don't think there was a club I didn't hear from.

"I spoke to (Melbourne list manager) Todd (Viney) once the rumour came out and I think he said, 'Look, if we're going to be rumoured speaking to him, we may as well'."

Geelong forward Josh Walker could be on the move, with Carlton having been touted as a suitor.

Mitch Clark and Rhys Stanley were picked up last year and the Cats are looking to pick up Lachie Henderson from the Blues in this trade period.

"Clearly Geelong has brought in some good tall talent over the last 12 months and look to be bringing in more this year," Guy said.

"We've probably just got to sit down and work out what this means for Josh."

Guy said Walker could be part of a trade to bring Henderson to Geelong.

"Potentially it could, if Josh says he'd like to look elsewhere, but at this point we haven't got to that stage."

SydneyRox

Was never going to happen. Contracted and not even a restricted free agent, Melb would never had given Sydney enough.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ringo on October 06, 2015, 02:57:25 PM
Could the South Australian Clubs re-enter the race for Jack Redden?  He has proposed to his South Australian girl friend so will this have some factor in final decision.
The Crows could try.

The last thing Port would want is another contested mid and more salary cap concerns

Big Mac

Quote from: Nige on October 06, 2015, 12:41:02 PM
Oh, well that's interesting. We did chase Trengove last year and now we've asked about Tyson.

I like Dom Tyson, but I thought we'd aim higher...

Yep Dom Tyson is terrible

Maybe go for some more established names like Taylor Hunt

:P

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 06, 2015, 04:54:20 PM
Geelong forward Josh Walker could be on the move, with Carlton having been touted as a suitor.

Mitch Clark and Rhys Stanley were picked up last year and the Cats are looking to pick up Lachie Henderson from the Blues in this trade period.

"Clearly Geelong has brought in some good tall talent over the last 12 months and look to be bringing in more this year," Guy said.

Ewwwwwww

Big Mac

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 06, 2015, 06:48:27 PM

Ewwwwwww

I don't think he's that bad :P

Can take a mark and is still only 22

You guys do already have Casboult though, so I don't think he would be a good fit at Carlton

Nige

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 06, 2015, 06:36:24 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 06, 2015, 12:41:02 PM
Oh, well that's interesting. We did chase Trengove last year and now we've asked about Tyson.

I like Dom Tyson, but I thought we'd aim higher...

Yep Dom Tyson is terrible

Maybe go for some more established names like Taylor Hunt

:P
Haha, you know what I meant.  :P

Toga said it well though.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 06, 2015, 07:02:55 PM

Ewwwwwww

You guys do already have Casboult though, so I don't think he would be a good fit at Carlton

With the receding hairline of a 60 year old...

T Dog

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 06, 2015, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 06, 2015, 07:02:55 PM

Ewwwwwww

With the receding hairline of a 60 year old...

Me too...but I don't like to talk about it  ;D

TomK

To continue the discussion from the other day, Hampton to Crows for first trade done.

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 06, 2015, 05:58:54 PM
Could the South Australian Clubs re-enter the race for Jack Redden?  He has proposed to his South Australian girl friend so will this have some factor in final decision.
The Crows could try.
I really hope we do, pick 13 would do it.

powersuperkents

Quote from: TomK on October 06, 2015, 08:51:45 PM
To continue the discussion from the other day, Hampton to Crows for first trade done.

The Crows could try.
I honestly see the Lions asking for Jenkins if this were to occur (not as good as Tex or Lynch, but physically what Brisbane are looking for)

TomK

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 06, 2015, 09:16:05 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 06, 2015, 08:51:45 PM

The Crows could try.
I honestly see the Lions asking for Jenkins if this were to occur (not as good as Tex or Lynch, but physically what Brisbane are looking for)
Yeah, they would probably ask but It'd be a pretty quick no

powersuperkents

Ewwwwwww
+1

I thought Carlton were trying to avoid getting burnt this off-season...

Don't see it happening without Geelong parting with it's first rounder (or unless they can pick up another clubs early second rounder and package it with Spud Walker - Walker would honestly be a step backwards for Carlton unless their goal was to collect all the Walkers in the AFL).