Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Clark not a fair swap for Lumumba? eddie pls

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 16, 2014, 09:11:18 PM

Yea collingwood should send the first rounder to even it up.

Vinny

Eddie is such a flog, it hurts my brain.

Mailman the 2nd

SydneyRox

Quote from: Vinny on September 16, 2014, 09:15:30 PM
Eddie is such a flog, it hurts my brain.

try giving him no thought. works for me  8)

stew42

stew42

Note the Swans fans all agreeing  :P

Nige

Port Adelaide, GWS and now Sydney are the other three clubs in the race to secure Paddy Ryder's signature.

Port Adelaide's ability to offer immediate finals action is seen as a major attraction to Ryder, who has played just two finals with Essendon in 170 games since debuting in 2006.

Sydney have come to the fore, given they are heavily reliant on 30-year old Mike Pyke. Ryder, who is set to also meet with Sydney are seen as 'unlikely' to secure his signature given the lack of salary cap room after acquiring Buddy Franklin as a free agent last year. However Sydney insiders believe that with the departures of Nick Malceski and Ryan O'Keefe 'and one more' the Swans may be able to heavily back-end Ryder's contract, pinning their hopes on luring Ryder to play in a side whose premiership window is wide open.

GWS are considered outsiders in the deal since they successfully lured former Swan and Cat, Shane Mumford during the trade period, and have an abundance of developing talls already on their books.

Inb4 Ryder ends up a Swan.  ::)

Mailman the 2nd

Can't see it happening, would mean that Sydney would have to play another tall on top of all the ones they already have.

We'll just pick a lowly rated ruck and create another Shane Mumford thanks  8)

meow meow

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 17, 2014, 08:35:02 AM
Can't see it happening, would mean that Sydney would have to play another tall on top of all the ones they already have.

Geelong created Mumford and he wasn't lowly rated. He moved to Syd on a $450,000-a-year contract.

Ringo

Brisbane are tabling a 4 year offer worth $2.5m for Ryder.  We acknowledge we are behind Port Adelaide if Ryder chooses success as first criteria.

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 16, 2014, 09:11:18 PM

ikr. Yet the article then goes on to say that melbourne might have to add a draft pick because of the uncertainty of his health  ::)

If this was a fantasy comp, you'd be keeping Clark because his market value is ridiculously low. But, unfortunately this is real life and your players have a mind of their own  :-X

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: meow meow on September 17, 2014, 09:25:09 AM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 17, 2014, 08:35:02 AM

Geelong created Mumford and he wasn't lowly rated. He moved to Syd on a $450,000-a-year contract.

They were playing Mark Blake over him lol, Swans have a pretty good history with trading in ruckmen!

RaisyDaisy

The Herald Sun can reveal Padraig Lucey, a part time pool lifeguard from County Kerry, will join the Cats on a two year deal.

Spite

The article that Mr C posted is a little different than what Eddie and collingwood say in today's herald sun print.

Summary;
- pies think they can get a mid to late 20s pick for 27 year old, lumumba who has played an incredible 186 games in 8 seasons showing his rb durability
- lumumba won't go to Carlton
- completely up in the air where he will go between a WA, Vic based club and Melbourne
- Eddie thinks Clark is probably worth 3rd round + for the risk associated

If lumumba goes to let's say bulldogs for pick late 20s then pies would offer an early 30s pick to dees for Clark. If the pies just so happen trade lumumba to dees, they'd still expect a late 20s pick and give an early 30s for Clark. You have to do what's best for the club which would mean trying to get the best deals possible. I think Clark is better than lumumba but if I were Eddie, I would keep saying how big of a risk Clark is to scare away other teams and also get him cheaper. And then you'd talk up lumumba on purpose to get the most for him. It makes perfect sense why he would say the things he said