Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

Quote from: Grazz on September 20, 2015, 01:40:32 PM
Quote from: TomK on September 19, 2015, 11:50:24 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on September 19, 2015, 11:25:23 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 19, 2015, 09:59:56 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on September 19, 2015, 09:34:56 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on September 19, 2015, 06:07:01 PM
Word is Cats are going to offer Danger a 5 year deal but Crows will match it...

Will they match over $1m a season?
Pick a number. They'll match it.
I thought the Crows would easily get 1st round compo for Dangerfield

They cannot complain now though, they were offered both picks 2 & 3 last season for him and turned it down.

I know they are matching it so they can trade him and get something out of Geelong. But I don't really agree with it, Dangerfield has respected his contract with the Crows and hasn't formally said anything about his decision, as a professional athlete should. The Crows should respect him for it and the services he's provided, let him go, and collect the compo.

Making the process difficult for Dangerfield would be perceived negatively around the AFL. Especially when the logical choice (even at the time people criticised the Crows decision to turn down the Demon's offer) was rejected by the Crows last year. Either way the Crows have won. They have had a fantastic player for the last 5-7 years and will get first round compo upon his departure. Sounds like a win-win for everyone involved.

Don't think the Crows can match $1mil per season with Tex, Betts, & a recently contracted Sloane as well tbh (Danger already cashes in $600k per season...). They have already been in trouble with Tippett and if they somehow offer over $1mil per season, I don't think it would be worth having the AFL investing their books  :P
What a load of shower.

First of all, Melbourne did not offer 2 & 3, it was all speculation and Danger would never had agreed to go to the Dees, he always intended on fulfilling his contract.

''The Crows should respect him for it and the services he's provided, let him go, and collect the compo.'' Oh turn it up! As soon as Danger accepts Geelongs offer, he is the enemy just like Geelong are and forcing them to trade for him would weaken them. Why on earth would we just roll over and give in? He is a top 5 player in the league and you think we should just accept pick 13-15 or whatever saying it is a ''win-win''? Far out, a mid 1st rounder is not a flowering 'win'. He is at least worth two top 10 picks and getting a mid 1st rounder in a weak draft is a load of shower.

I don't think the club would actually give a flower if it was perceived negatively around the AFL. When we lose immense talent all the time such as Danger, Gunston, Tippett, Davis and Bock, giving in and taking the compo is a terrible decision and the supporters will be furious, we're sick of it.
^
This.  ;)
yet the bombers are labelled unreasonable when we do this

i see wherre your coming form but you do end up with the tag no one wants to deal with you
you end up getting screwed anyways

Football Factory

They cannot complain now though, they were offered both picks 2 & 3 last season for him and turned it down.

I know they are matching it so they can trade him and get something out of Geelong. But I don't really agree with it, Dangerfield has respected his contract with the Crows and hasn't formally said anything about his decision, as a professional athlete should. The Crows should respect him for it and the services he's provided, let him go, and collect the compo.

Making the process difficult for Dangerfield would be perceived negatively around the AFL. Especially when the logical choice (even at the time people criticised the Crows decision to turn down the Demon's offer) was rejected by the Crows last year. Either way the Crows have won. They have had a fantastic player for the last 5-7 years and will get first round compo upon his departure. Sounds like a win-win for everyone involved.

Don't think the Crows can match $1mil per season with Tex, Betts, & a recently contracted Sloane as well tbh (Danger already cashes in $600k per season...). They have already been in trouble with Tippett and if they somehow offer over $1mil per season, I don't think it would be worth having the AFL investing their books  :P
What a load of shower.

First of all, Melbourne did not offer 2 & 3, it was all speculation and Danger would never had agreed to go to the Dees, he always intended on fulfilling his contract.

''The Crows should respect him for it and the services he's provided, let him go, and collect the compo.'' Oh turn it up! As soon as Danger accepts Geelongs offer, he is the enemy just like Geelong are and forcing them to trade for him would weaken them. Why on earth would we just roll over and give in? He is a top 5 player in the league and you think we should just accept pick 13-15 or whatever saying it is a ''win-win''? Far out, a mid 1st rounder is not a flowering 'win'. He is at least worth two top 10 picks and getting a mid 1st rounder in a weak draft is a load of shower.

I don't think the club would actually give a flower if it was perceived negatively around the AFL. When we lose immense talent all the time such as Danger, Gunston, Tippett, Davis and Bock, giving in and taking the compo is a terrible decision and the supporters will be furious, we're sick of it.
^
This.  ;)

+1

Southstorm

Quote from: DazBurg on September 20, 2015, 02:30:43 PM

What a load of shower.

^
This.  ;)

i see wherre your coming form but you do end up with the tag no one wants to deal with you
Forcing somebody to the trade table and demanding pick 6 for Jake Melksham are two very different things.

I'm an essendon fan and even I can admit that nobody lowballs like we do.

Jukes

Quote from: Southstorm on September 20, 2015, 05:06:04 PM

What a load of shower.

^
This.  ;)

Forcing somebody to the trade table and demanding pick 6 for Jake Melksham are two very different things.

You've never traded with me in worlds I guess

roo boys!

Quote from: Jukes on September 20, 2015, 05:09:29 PM

What a load of shower.

^
This.  ;)

Greenwood isn't even any good...

powersuperkents

Quote from: Jukes on September 20, 2015, 05:09:29 PM

What a load of shower.

^
This.  ;)

You take after the Bombers

I made a solid offer for Pittard and you completely ignored it  :P

H1bb3i2d

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Geelong won't be offering Paddy significant money anyway, will they? He's leaving for the 'home factor', he already wants to go there so he doesn't have to be bought, unlike guys like Henderson. Unless things have changed, I feel Adelaide could definitely match the offer if they wanted to.

They ultimately deserve a Judd-like trade, not some dodgey first round draft pick tied to their ladder position. And Danger certainly wound never have signed a long-term with the Dees anyway!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on September 20, 2015, 07:38:53 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Geelong won't be offering Paddy significant money anyway, will they? He's leaving for the 'home factor', he already wants to go there so he doesn't have to be bought, unlike guys like Henderson. Unless things have changed, I feel Adelaide could definitely match the offer if they wanted to.

They ultimately deserve a Judd-like trade, not some dodgey first round draft pick tied to their ladder position. And Danger certainly wound never have signed a long-term with the Dees anyway!

Judd like deal?

so Hawkins for Danger :P

Big Mac

To be honest, I think Danger would be better off at the dees :P

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 20, 2015, 07:43:40 PM

To be honest, I think Danger would be better off at the dees :P

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this ^^ :P

T Dog

C'mon...Dangerfield would be happiest at the Pies surely   ;D

silloc

who else is more interested in the trade period than the finals series

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: silloc on September 21, 2015, 12:59:00 PM

Anybody outside Perth this weekend :P

Nige

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on September 21, 2015, 01:00:00 PM
Quote from: silloc on September 21, 2015, 12:59:00 PM

Anybody outside Perth this weekend :P

elephants

WA stamping its authority as the most superior land-mass in the world.