Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

I gather that allows us to use Pick 50 on a draftee now which is good.

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 12, 2014, 04:15:25 PM
I gather that allows us to use Pick 50 on a draftee now which is good.
Seems to be a lot of this going on. It's happened with a number of players now (Arnot, Pearce, Grimley... maybe a couple before I can't remember?) in recent days.

Looks like clubs rightfully rate the draft.

Mr.Craig

Re Dom Barry walking, it must be so tough coming from APY to Melbourne. They might as well be on different planets.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 12, 2014, 04:30:01 PM
Re Dom Barry walking, it must be so tough coming from APY to Melbourne. They might as well be on different planets.

What happened with Barry?

Ricochet

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 12, 2014, 06:53:59 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 12, 2014, 04:30:01 PM

What happened with Barry?
Quit the club today man and went home.

stew42

Really can't blame him, left his home and culture when he was 15-ish to do a football scholarship with the tosspots at St Pats (it's alright, I was at a rival Ballarat school :P ). Good luck to the man

shaker

The rigors of AFL is not for everyone just opens up a spot for another lucky young bloke

Ricochet

Reports that GWS made a late play at Jeremy Howe. Offered N7 and a contract of 650k a year for 5 years
But it was too late in the trade period to make the deal

Howe has one year left on his contract and is expected to hold off until next year

ADEZ

Yeah I heard that :o absolutely ridiculous

Big Mac

Jroo

Howe could be crazy not to take that.
Pick 7 would've been pretty good compo for the Dees, too.

Ziplock

The point would be (obviously) to try to market the shower out of his ridiculous marks.

Purple 77

I did hear about that... Had mixed feelings. Howe was one of, if not the only, reason I watched melbourne for a couple of years, and he is a good player... but Pick 7 is a high price.

I would have been disappointed I think, if he left. Regardless of the compensation.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: JROO8 on November 13, 2014, 07:28:59 PM
Howe could be crazy not to take that.
Pick 7 would've been pretty good compo for the Dees, too.

Howe is worth more than pick 7

Noz

Take Howe out of the Melbourne footy club and they will loose their remaining 20 members.

The only reason anyone watches a Melbourne game is to see Jeremy Howe take hangers and if were lucky Huddo will utter his famous phase "Hoooooowwwwweeeeeee did he do that"