Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Pick 31 or even Pick 50 may be enough to get the Gorringe deal done. God I hope we can get him, not looking likely though.

This tweet from Sam Edmund from the Herald Sun:

Sam Edmund
@SammyHeraldSun
"If Adelaide is interested in Gorringe the Suns don't know about it."

Ringo

Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2014, 12:16:39 PM
Great get by the Suns
Agree Richo but whether he gets games immediately in that midfield is an issue. (Ablett, Bennell, O'Meara, Martin, Rischitelli, Prestia and David Swallow) May mean Ablett spends more time forward now.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on October 16, 2014, 12:39:02 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2014, 12:16:39 PM
Great get by the Suns
Agree Richo but whether he gets games immediately in that midfield is an issue. (Ablett, Bennell, O'Meara, Martin, Rischitelli, Prestia and David Swallow) May mean Ablett spends more time forward now.
Yeh I've brought that up previously. Seemed like he would have gotten more opportunities in Hawks midfield in the future. Must have thrown some serious $$$ at him

kilbluff1985

Bennell and Martin were playing forward

KoopKicka

No posts in here for 25 minutes? Incredible stuff! :o

ADEZ

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 16, 2014, 01:09:55 PM
No posts in here for 25 minutes? Incredible stuff! :o
Hopefully the calm before the storm ???

Grazz

Any second now the Crows will do something.  :P

WCarey18

Quote from: Grazz on October 16, 2014, 01:15:46 PM

Dangerfield.  :o

Grazz

Quote from: WCarey18 on October 16, 2014, 01:17:02 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 16, 2014, 01:15:46 PM

Dangerfield.  :o

Lol yeh probably, just to cap off a spectacular trade period for us. :P :P

Justin Bieber

I don't know if it was mentioned, but GWS offered pick 4 and 6 for Paddy I heard?

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2014, 11:50:47 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 16, 2014, 11:50:02 AM
Giles to Essendon and pick 64 for our pick 53  :o

#steal bit of charity stuff from the Giants there

haha, oath, I'm glad essendon ended up doing to port deal after coming so ahead with giles.

Quote from: Tominator on October 16, 2014, 12:22:01 AM
Quote from: TomK on October 16, 2014, 12:19:13 AM
Quote from: Tominator on October 16, 2014, 12:08:36 AM
Deadline Day tomorrow... going to be frenetic that's for sure. My gut feel is that Schoenmakers and Gorringe will stay at their clubs. And SURELY St Kilda won't part with Pick 1...

Moves I think will go through:
Ryder to Port
Giles or Lowden to Essendon
A key defender or ruckman to Adelaide
Membrey to St Kilda

And maybe a surprise or two - fingers crossed it's an exciting day and a good one for the Crows!
Yep, Shoenmakers is staying at the Hawks. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-15/schoey-stays-a-hawks

Hopefully the Crows pick up a ruckman and a key defender tomorrow. Just not sure who we can get without parting ways with our first and second round picks.

Well that's a blow about Schoey.. Phil Davis is probably more attainable as a free agent in 2015.. Michael Talia maybe?

And Dan Gorringe would be great in the ruck but we'd probably have to drop our 2nd round pick and/or a fringe player. I'd still much rather him than Luke Lowden.. Would have loved Giles though

Davis won't be a free agent, he hasn't had 8 years with the giants yet?

Mr.Craig

Good grief, Pick 21...

21. St Kilda (received from Geelong in Rhys Stanley trade; traded to the Cats by the Brisbane Lions in Allen Christensen trade; traded to the Lions by Greater Western Sydney in Joel Patfull trade; traded to the Giants by Gold Coast in 2012; traded to the Suns by the Brisbane Lions in 2010; originally received by the Lions as compensation for Jared Brennan)

WCarey18

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 16, 2014, 01:33:47 PM
Good grief, Pick 21...

21. St Kilda (received from Geelong in Rhys Stanley trade; traded to the Cats by the Brisbane Lions in Allen Christensen trade; traded to the Lions by Greater Western Sydney in Joel Patfull trade; traded to the Giants by Gold Coast in 2012; traded to the Suns by the Brisbane Lions in 2010; originally received by the Lions as compensation for Jared Brennan)

Pick 48 last year went on a journey and ended up being wasted. GWS passed on the pick.  ::)

Pick 17 in 2001 too.  Began by going to Sydney for Stafford, then to St Kilda for Hall, to Freo for Black,  to Melbourne for Farmer, finally settling in Geelong for Bizzell.

That year, Geelong took James Kelly with pick 17.

Mr.Craig

Half an hour to go. It's a game of musical chairs and the AFL have their finger on the stop button.

Mr.Craig

Looks like Crows won't be getting Gorringe or Downie. Lowden their last hope.