Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Quote from: Jayman on September 07, 2014, 01:09:55 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on September 07, 2014, 12:55:50 PM
Carlton could look at the great man himself :o Sam Michael!!

Quote from: NigeyS on September 07, 2014, 11:53:31 AM
Rumours Carlton may be interested in McKernan.

Lions are making a play for Dayne Beams.

Lumumba's as good as gone from the Pies, Dees leading the race.
Would like to see Beams come up here, but it could possibly spell the end for Claye, Crisp and other fringe midfielders at the lions
I wouldn't give a flower about those boys if it means you got Beams ;)
true dat

JBs-Hawks

Doubt it would spell the end for claye seeing he would be the main reason you get dayne

Ringo

Do not think Brisbane will make a play for Dayne Beams this year. Next year for sure - Would allow the likes of Aish, Robbo, mayes to gel more together with Rich and Redden who had injury interruptions and imo Window does not open until 2016 when Beams would be a welcome addition.

Samsturmfels

Rumour, that Mitch Clark will be returning next year (not to Melbourne though), Clark to the Pies?

Nige

Jon Ralph has said Mitch Clark will return to football in 2015 but it will not be with the Demons.

According to Jon Ralph Clark feels a move to a successful club will be best for him, Clark's partner is doing a course in Melbourne so he will not be leaving Victoria.

He is on Melbourne's list until the 31st of October so Melbourne does have the right to trade him.

Big Mac

Won't comment until I hear something from Mitch himself

elephants

Quote from: ///////////////////////// on September 07, 2014, 07:07:09 PM
Liam Jones has rejected the contract offer that WB have put in front of him and wants to see what offers come his way during the trade period.

Out of contract players:

Gia (Retired)
Tom Williams (Retired)
Brett Goodes
Christian Howard
Easton Wood
Liam Jones
Jason Tutt
Daniel Pearce
Tom Young
Shaun Higgins - Restricted Free Agent
Lin Jong (R)
Mark Austin (R)
Jack Redpath (R)
Alex Greenwood (R)

Holy flower that's a lot of out of contract players. Easton Wood head and shoulders above those mentioned.

Master Q

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 07, 2014, 08:20:58 PM
Poor form if he doesn't stay with Melbourne IMO.

I mean one of the main reasons he retired was that he was guilty about being paid so much yet hardly playing... could always just come back to Melbourne and pay them back via loyalty  :-X

Mailman the 2nd

Melbourne could well be one of the reasons why he wanted to quit in the first place.

Not referring to the club performing badly, but it could've been factors like location,schedule, all his injuries etc.

If he needs a fresh start then that's what he should go for, he certainly won't be paid as much though

Capper

Quote from: Master Q on September 07, 2014, 11:15:27 PM

I mean one of the main reasons he retired was that he was guilty about being paid so much yet hardly playing... could always just come back to Melbourne and pay them back via loyalty  :-X
have to agree with Q. How can he come to Victoria and not play for the dees after feely guilty about not playing

henry

Quote from: tabs on September 08, 2014, 12:17:23 AM
Quote from: Master Q on September 07, 2014, 11:15:27 PM

have to agree with Q. How can he come to Victoria and not play for the dees after feely guilty about not playing

Yeah I agree, though as mentioned there could be stuff going on there that triggered/deteriorated his condition, maybe best for him to go somewhere else. He is a real talent, Melbourne fans would feel disappointed if he ended up playing well for another club.

Capper

Liam Jones has rejected the contract offer that WB have put in front of him and wants to see what offers come his way during the trade period.

Out of contract players:

Gia (Retired)
Tom Williams (Retired)
Brett Goodes
Christian Howard
Easton Wood
Liam Jones
Jason Tutt
Daniel Pearce
Tom Young
Shaun Higgins - Restricted Free Agent
Lin Jong (R)
Mark Austin (R)
Jack Redpath (R)
Alex Greenwood (R)
that is a long list puss.

I think the majority of this list will go

elephants

Quote from: ///////////////////////// on September 08, 2014, 01:50:19 AM
Quote from: tabs on September 08, 2014, 12:52:10 AM

Gia (Retired)
Tom Williams (Retired)
Brett Goodes
Christian Howard
Easton Wood - trade
Liam Jones - re-sign!
Jason Tutt
Daniel Pearce
Tom Young
Shaun Higgins - gone
Lin Jong (R) - upgrade
Mark Austin (R)
Jack Redpath (R)
Alex Greenwood (R)
that is a long list puss.

I think the majority of this list will go

That's how it should be. A quarter of the list can be turned over and it's not going to hurt at all due to having great drafts recently.
I like Wood but he'll probably have to be let go. GWS wanted him when they poached Ward and have been hot on him ever since. Might have to lose him to bring Jaksch to the club and that's why he hasn't been re-signed yet.

Jones will probably walk, and it's a silly move to let him do so since he has more talent than Cordy and Campbell combined. Redpath being played ahead of him this season was an absolute disgrace so I can see why L-Jizz is exploring his options.

Not a Tommy Campbell fan!? Trading Wood definitely makes sense, Jaksch would be a good get for the Doggies.

kilbluff1985

will Frost get picked up? Saints might be interested

Big Mac

Just made a post on Mitch Clark in the Melbourne discussion thread