Best Smokey team to make GF

Started by kilbluff1985, August 31, 2014, 11:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Guessing you missed todays match ;)

Mat0369

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 07, 2014, 10:56:25 PM
Guessing you missed todays match ;)

Yup. When Port crumbled it is because they had injuries to Trengove/Carlile, those two are back, playing well and crucial to finals for them. I can see them pushing Freo and maybe even winning, but I still think the Hawks will be too good in the prelim for a Swans vs Hawks GF

Mailman the 2nd

I saw one team play well at home and another play very poorly away from home.

Fremantle are a whole other level in Perth

henry

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 08, 2014, 12:15:00 AM
I saw one team play well at home and another play very poorly away from home.

Fremantle are a whole other level in Perth

Yeah as impressive as port were playing freo in perth is a huge ask. We just don't see teams outside the top 4 making prelims let alone grannys really. Port would have a good chance, as they eased off the gas a bit in the last quarter although they won't admit it, to save themselves for freo, whilst freo had a tough slog for the whole game.

Mat0369

Freo will still have an underdone/undermanned back half. They also have a long trip home from Sydney and the contest was fierce compared to Port who could cruise late in the game. Freo are ripe for the picking and Port have the talent to beat them

Mailman the 2nd

Port smashed Carlton 3 weeks ago at home and preceded to pretty much get comfortably beaten by Freo in Perth in what was a battle for a top 4 spot.

Port crumble under large amounts of pressure. There won't be thousands of supporters cheering them on either

GM

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 08, 2014, 11:10:54 AM
Port smashed Carlton 3 weeks ago at home and preceded to pretty much get comfortably beaten by Freo in Perth in what was a battle for a top 4 spot.

Port crumble under large amounts of pressure. There won't be thousands of supporters cheering them on either
Haha 8 points , well beaten , crumbled , haha

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: greenmoon on September 08, 2014, 11:15:48 AM

Well Freo were up by like 40 points in the last quarter, went off the accelerator and still won, with Port leading the match for a total of less than 10 minutes.

This hype train that Port are unbeatable ball movers has already been debunked this season. Put pressure on their back 6 coming out of defence and they crumble

GM

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 08, 2014, 11:25:40 AM
Quote from: greenmoon on September 08, 2014, 11:15:48 AM

Well Freo were up by like 40 points in the last quarter, went off the accelerator and still won, with Port leading the match for a total of less than 10 minutes.

This hype train that Port are unbeatable ball movers has already been debunked this season. Put pressure on their back 6 coming out of defence and they crumble
No Team has unbeatable ball movers.

Jroo

Port fans are kidding themselves if they think they'll get the freedom they did yesterday. There's no way RTB will allow them to play on their terms. Freo should be too good for them. I reckon the Roos are more likely to progress to the next round, then the Power.

GM

Yes Freo are well deserved favourites.
But at least we are there :)

Mailman the 2nd

I think they're a decent chance, they just need to play better than they did a couple of weeks ago at Subi

GM

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 08, 2014, 11:47:05 AM
I think they're a decent chance, they just need to play better than they did a couple of weeks ago at Subi
Yeah extremely tough but they just need to give their best shot.

RaisyDaisy

If ever there was going to be a week where the underdog's actually won a final, then it's this week IMO

Port and North every chance. Both 50/50's in my view, although the Dockers and Cats deserve to be favourites and rightly so

jvalles69

It'll be a Swans/Hawks GF, Port have every chance of beating Freo if they are at their best, but both Freo and Port aren't currently playing at the best of their abilities, North will lose to Geelong, especially if they show up in the first half like they did against Bombers.