WXV Grand Final 2014: Pumas v Destroyers

Started by ossie85, August 25, 2014, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

I would say you are still the favourite even after losing Goldy. You lose, what maybe 60 points? But last week you scored 180 odd to my 168 so still well ahead even without him...

Holz

Quote from: Honey Badger on August 28, 2014, 10:49:06 PM
I would say you are still the favourite even after losing Goldy. You lose, what maybe 60 points? But last week you scored 180 odd to my 168 so still well ahead even without him...

Goldy has been averaging 120 in the last half of the season. Playing against the Dees was expecting at least 120.

Will need to play a 70-75 average guy OOP. So 120+ down to sub 40. So 80+ points

Justin Bieber

BRING IT ON JROO! I"ll take out another one of the big 4, even if it is just in the reserves :P.

Shall likely have Ball lining up for Marseilles to play his farewell game! Deserves a send off with a win, and better served playing a match this week as doubt he'll make the Euro squad :P.

Jroo

Naming a team, to see who I have playing in the reserves.

Mexico City Suns
D: Jimmy Bartel, Shannon Hurn, Mark Baguley, Jed Adcock
M: Brendon Goddard, Steele Sidebottom, Jordan Lewis, Brad Ebert
R: Ivan Maric
F: Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Pavlich, Chris Yarran, Jarrad Waite
U: Scott Thompson, Aaron Sandilands

EME: Bernie Vince, Brian Lake, Adam Goodes

So that leaves:
Brian Lake, Adam Carter, Bernie Vince, Tom Curren, Nathan Hrovat, Shane Biggs, Sean Lemmens, Mark Blicavs, Daniel Currie, Adam Goodes, Stewart Crameri, Daniel Merrett.

Jroo

Americas

D: Jimmy Bartel, Shaun Burgoyne, Shannon Hurn, Michael Johnson
M: Scott Pendlebury (VC), Steele Sidebottom (C), Tom Liberatore, Jordan Lewis
R: Ivan Maric
F: Nick Riewoldt, Paul Chapman, Drew Petrie, Jarrad Waite
U: Adam Treloar, Jack Macrae

EME: Michael Barlow, Chris Yarran, Josh Gibson

Sub rule

Torp

EUROPE

Defence: Heath Shaw (Moscow), Jarrad McVeigh (London), Michael Hibberd (Berlin), Matthew Jaensch (PNL)
Midfield: Matt Priddis (PNL) (VC), Callan Ward (Moscow), Nathan Jones (PNL), Jaeger O'Meara (Moscow)
Ruck: Matthew Lobbe (PNL)
Forwards: Dustin Martin (Moscow), Dayne Zorko (Berlin), Justin Westhoff (PNL), Chad Wingard (PNL)
Interchange: Dyson Heppell (Moscow) (C), Brent Stanton (London)

Emergencies: Kade Simpson (PNL), Ryan Griffen (Moscow), Josh J. Kennedy (Berlin)

Fyfe out with suspension hurts.

Justin Bieber

Looks like the Moscow Reindeers this week, should be interesting :P.

Torp

Would've been three Berlin players there if Fyfey had played. Just shows who the top teams in Europe are  ;)

Purple 77

Won't waste my breath, as I know I'm a finals worthy team struck down by injuries.

But what I will say is... SHUT UP!  :P

ossie85

Both teams holding cards close to chest....

CrowsFan

Well guess I'll go first then...

Two changes made from last weeks prelim win over the Dillos. Harwood (foot) and Polec (omitted) are replaced in the starting XV by Silvagni and Minson. Sam Jacobs has been given the tough task of captaining the side in the biggest game of the year, but he is big enough to shoulder the load :)

Justin Bieber

PARISIAN NICE LYON REINDEERS

Backs: K. Simpson, C. Enright, M. Jaensch, J. Harbrow
Mids: M. Priddis, N. Jones, D. Myers, D. Shiel
Ruc: M. Lobbe
Fwds: J. Westhoff, C. Wingard, Z. Merrett, L. Casboult
Int: F. Ray, T. Goldsack

Emg: J. Trengove, M. Williams, L. Ball

I'm lazy to change team from last week :P. Also means Ball will get to play his last game ever with Marseilles, so hoping we can come away with a win for him!

Potential Marseilles Lineup: Jackson Trengove, Marley Williams, Heath Grundy, Matthew Watson, Luke Ball, Zac O'Brien, Jack Billings, Cameron Shenton, Chris Dawes, Liam Jones.

Holz

Quote from: Torp on August 29, 2014, 01:36:51 PM
Would've been three Berlin players there if Fyfey had played. Just shows who the top teams in Europe are  ;)

Would be more impressive if you had no players playing for Europe this week.

j959

Quote from: Holzman on August 28, 2014, 10:44:17 PM
I could handle any injury but goldy and Dixon.

Annoyingly I have a full squad except my two rucks.

Game on, I beat the pumas by around the difference of losing goldy. I'll be the outsider now but the rest of the team can still carry the load.
I luv a man with optimism!  ;)

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 29, 2014, 02:40:42 PM
PARISIAN NICE LYON REINDEERS

Backs: K. Simpson, C. Enright, M. Jaensch, J. Harbrow
Mids: M. Priddis, N. Jones, D. Myers, D. Shiel
Ruc: M. Lobbe
Fwds: J. Westhoff, C. Wingard, Z. Merrett, L. Casboult
Int: F. Ray, T. Goldsack

Emg: J. Trengove, M. Williams, L. Ball

I'm lazy to change team from last week :P. Also means Ball will get to play his last game ever with Marseilles, so hoping we can come away with a win for him!

Potential Marseilles Lineup: Jackson Trengove, Marley Williams, Heath Grundy, Matthew Watson, Luke Ball, Zac O'Brien, Jack Billings, Cameron Shenton, Chris Dawes, Liam Jones.
go Reindeers!  ;D

Holz

Backs:  A.Rance, G.Birchall, R.Murphy, B.Martin
Mids: T.Rockliff (C), J.Selwood (VC), J.Watson, T.Boak
Ruck: T.Mcdonald (OOP)
Fwds: L.Franklin, R.Gray, M.Walters, J.Watts
Utility: N.Dal Santo, D.Mundy

emg: S.Grigg, J.Green, L.Hansen

toughest lineup to pick ever. Hansen iffy about his injury and missing Goldy and Dixon. really hope Goldy being out isnt the difference. F4 was the toughest of the year with Watts out of form. Still the big 6 midfield is fully intact and a huge one from them should carry me home.