WXV Grand Final 2014: Pumas v Destroyers

Started by ossie85, August 25, 2014, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

congrats Honey Badger on the Auto win  ;D

CrowsFan

Quote from: Holzman on August 30, 2014, 11:09:24 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on August 30, 2014, 11:05:12 PM
Just like to point out that holz conceded defeat already, and going by ossies rules that he implemented mid-season it doesn't matter the result as I automatically get the win :)

I merely stated it was a good game, which it really is. Will come right down to the wire but I think I have the edge after tonights game. Would have been good to have two full strength teams battle it out but ill take a scrappy win.

a sub and a OOP and still got 100+ PPP pretty stoked with that.
Haha I think we all know that when someone says good game half way through when their players are dropping like flies that it means they are conceding ;)

You certainly have the upper hand at the moment. Just going to have to rely on some more finals heroics from Jacobs and Sloaney. They haven't let me down yet!

Holz

Getting pretty nervous, I'm in the lead but it's certainly not over.

Let's go Murphy and Martin. I repeat of last week would be nice.

ossie85

So glad the sub rule controversy won't matter!

How crazy is it that both of Norths subs were Destroyers?

ossie85

Quote from: ossie85 on August 27, 2014, 03:41:13 PM

Dublin's Joel Selwood is only 288 points from the magical 10,000 points scored mark! Meaning he'd have to get 144 as Captain to be the 3rd player behind Ablett (13,352) and Pendlebury (12,625) to do it. Rockliff would need 223 as Captain to reach this mark also!

Most World Points Scored

Ablett   Gary jnr   Sao Paulo   13352
Pendlebury   Scott   Toronto   12625
Selwood   Joel   Cape Town/Dublin   9716
Rockliff   Tom   New Delhi/Pacific/Dublin   9555
Swan   Dane   Buenos Aires   9497
Jack   Kieran   Tokyo   9359
Kennedy   Josh P   Cape Town   9155
Murphy   Marc   Wellington   8438
Priddis   Matt   PNL   8321
Stanton   Brent   London   8123

Well done Joel!

CrowsFan

I'm at work all day until 6, then heading straight out to dinner. Probably won't know the result all day!

ossie85

So, Dublin on 13/1419 with Murphy and Martin to come

Sao Paulo on 8/652 with Sloane, Jacobs (c), Minson, Roberton, Smith, Stringer and Buntine to come

Dublin looking tough from here

Holz

Sloane was making me super nervous I thought he was captain. Jacobs going ok though.

ossie85

So, with unscaled scores for Crows/Saints and half time scores for Giants/Dogs...

Dublin 1508 with Murphy with a half to go

Sao Paulo 1274 with Minson, Smith, Stringer and Buntine with a half to go...

Puma miracle coming?

Nige

ossie85

Update that with new scaled scores...

Dublin 1506 with Murphy with a half to go

Sao Paulo 1291 with Minson, Smith, Stringer and Buntine with a half to go...

Pumas love the scaling....

So Dublin with 215 + Murphy (half to go) v Minson, Smith, Stringer and Buntine (all halfs to go)

Torp

Toga

Holz

got to be abit bias here but this would be one of the most interesting games ever. Late outs, subbings and right down to the wire.

CrowsFan

So 3QT scores are in and we have it at this... Pumas 1,391 vs Destroyers 1,529. Need my 4 to outscore Murphy by by 139 points in the last to get the win. Don't think that's going to happen :(