WXV Award Ceremony 2014

Started by Purple 77, August 24, 2014, 12:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Can you believe it's that time of the year again?

What time you ask?

Time for the Annual WXV Awards Ceremony! Where players, coaches and teams are recognised for their efforts in the season coming to a close at the end of this week.

And what a year it has been! We have seen new rules make our premium competition ever so more interesting, Home Advantage deciding several wins (many of them crucial), Sao Paulo and Mexico City continuing their dominance since the beginning of the competition, the overdue finals appearance of the luckless PNL (who ultimately got knocked out in the first round) whilst passing that baton to the Cairo Sands, a new coach take the reigns of Maca24's super Suns, the introduction of a new super power from Ireland, a tanking saga, and, who can ever forget, the memorable hashtag #NoMummyNoCairo.

But with many of the teams taking an undesirable break in August, it is now time for the ever prestigious and most acclaimed accolade;

The Jim Stynes Medal!

In the medal that only Gary Ablett can claim to be in possession of, the highest individual scorer in each game of the Home and Away Season is awarded 3 votes, the second highest 2 votes and the third highest 1 vote.

However, in the previous two years, the WXVs has been treated to a magnificent display of tables, pictures and vote cards. But due to budget cuts and a low TV audience from last year, the presentation has been downgraded.

But that doesn't mean this night won't be just as memorable, exciting or historic!

Take Note:
If a player tied for the highest scorer in any game, or the 2nd highest or the 3rd highest, the RANDOM function in Microsoft excel  decides who gets the highest amount of votes. For example:

Andrew Raines and Karmichael Hunt both got 160 points each, which was the highest individual score of that round. The RANDOM function in the Microsoft Function awards (at random) Andrew Raines 3 votes and Karmichael Hunt 2 votes.

This is likewise if Alipate Carlile gets 180 points, Raines and Hunt get the second highest, so the RANDOM function awards (at random) Raines 2 votes and Hunt 1 vote. And so on if Hunt and Raines got the third highest score.

The MVP Award has also been discontinued, as it was ruled to have too many variables to constitute a worthy recipient of the award each year.

At Round's 5, 10 and 15, I will be announcing awards collaborated by ossie85, which includes the All-Worlds Team, The Rising Star Award, The Coach of the Year and The Coaches Award.

The night will take place on Tuesday August 26th, 7.30PM AET, and will run con-currently with the award nights of the Elxam competition and the other XVs competitions.

ossie85

Woo!

Some champion examples Purps

Nige

Two mentions... for all the wrong reasons.  8) :-[ :(

Justin Bieber

I think Carlile could crack the 180 mark... One day if he pulls a Bowden :P.

Jukes

I leave for football practice when this kicks off and get home about 3 hours later so will miss it :/

roo boys!

Yeah I'll probably miss the first hour or two, as that's a shame as this could be Pendles year! Twice the bridesmaid...is it his turn to be the bride?

Torp

My Chumps

Posting so I don't forget about the festivities  8)

Master Q

Toga

I won't be around either :( Will have to catch up afterwards

Purple 77

Just a slight bump-up to 7.30, to coincide with the other awards.

Purple 77

Just under an hour until this bad boy kicks off!

Nige

Purple 77

With the red carpet unveiled, the walk to stardom begins!

The first guest seems fitting, as he is the only winner of the Jim Stynes award, Gary Ablett Junior!

Purple 77

Massive amounts of gigs erupt in the foyers, with Dublin star duo Tom Rockliff and Lance "Buddy" Franklin just arriving!