Main Menu

Equalisation Idea

Started by ossie85, August 17, 2014, 05:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

If the bottom teams are ok with it, so am I.

Holz

dont like the merging idea, sets a precedence I think.

JBs-Hawks

DazBurg

Quote from: Holzman on August 19, 2014, 05:23:44 PM
dont like the merging idea, sets a precedence I think.

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 19, 2014, 06:01:11 PM
Dont like any merging

agree

like nails says his team is about to get in alt of trouble due to age so what happens then?
i know they are behind but i think the coaches are making fantastic in roads to being able to get competitive judging by the deals they are looking at making

Jay

Not for it at all. Just leave all the clubs how they are.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Jayman on August 19, 2014, 06:36:42 PM

Agree with the general consensus. I am against merging.

Nails

Quote from: Nails on August 19, 2014, 03:42:45 PM
flower off with this merging bullshower. Dillos are likely a bottom 4 team next year, who can I merge with?

NO

flower MERGING.

+1 to this.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: AaronKirk on August 19, 2014, 07:47:58 PM
Quote from: Jayman on August 19, 2014, 06:36:42 PM

Agree with the general consensus. I am against merging.

I'm only an assistant but I agree with this as well.

A competition will always be uneven whether it's AFL or fantasy. Let things even out over time with draft picks etc.

The AFL drafting is now good enough where pretty much all Top 20 picks turn out all right with the exception of a few each year and there are some gems picked later in the draft/in the rookie draft.

I even actually think that with good drafting and trading in the long term (I'm talking 5+ seasons) the teams who get priority draft picks now will be significantly better than those who just miss out or are mid table for several seasons.

If you want to increase the player pool of undrafted players I think the answer is simple - reduce team lists by a few players. Even cutting 2 guys per team will mean 32 extra players in the pool.

Maybe, and I'm not an advocate of changing anything, there could be a rule whereby if you finish in the bottom four or have less than X number of wins you can have an extra two players on your list the following year. But, when you move out of the bottom four or win more games you lose those extra squad spots.

Ricochet

Whats the strength of the pool of remaining players not on WXV list atm? I know in other comps the top 10 can be pretty decent sometimes. Maybe only the bottom 4 teams should have access to this pool to increase depth. Along with priority picks, it will certainly help. Like others, not a fan of merging at all

ossie85

Quote from: Ricochet on August 20, 2014, 11:20:34 AM
Whats the strength of the pool of remaining players not on WXV list atm?

All players are listed. Zero strength

Ricochet

Quote from: ossie85 on August 20, 2014, 11:21:51 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on August 20, 2014, 11:20:34 AM
Whats the strength of the pool of remaining players not on WXV list atm?

All players are listed. Zero strength
Ah yeh of course

Torp

You know, there's another way to being the comp closer. Add two teams and allow a cap for them to take certain players from positions from the top teams. It's all up to Oss though.

CrowsFan

What so you want it to be a 20 team comp?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Torp on August 21, 2014, 10:50:25 PM
You know, there's another way to being the comp closer. Add two teams and allow a cap for them to take certain players from positions from the top teams. It's all up to Oss though.

Don't think that's a good idea maybe in short term it's ok but won't be good long term with things like drafting

Just look at BXV we're reducing the comp to 16 teams to make it more even

Torp

Well to be honest that will even things out in the end as long as totally crazy trades can get blocked by Oss. They're what ruined teams before. I'm not really keen on it, I love how the comp is at the moment.