Main Menu

Equalisation Idea

Started by ossie85, August 17, 2014, 05:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

I also think the voting on trades as was the case in the first years also contributed to the imbalance as thewre were trades that should have been negated and rules in place to negate made it hard.  This hs now been rectified,  just another statement as well.

Purple 77

Quote from: Ringo on August 17, 2014, 08:27:38 PM
I also think the voting on trades as was the case in the first years also contributed to the imbalance as thewre were trades that should have been negated and rules in place to negate made it hard.  This has now been rectified, just another statement as well.

That Liberatore deal last year that 13 teams let through gives me doubts. Here's hoping for harsher vetoing.

upthemaidens

Quote from: ossie85 on August 17, 2014, 08:25:48 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on August 17, 2014, 08:20:43 PM
  Any equalization seems to just be a way of rewarding bad coaching/planning.

But those coaches are gone. So who are we punishing now? No, in fact we are rewarding the teams that were complicit in making the competition uneven.
Yeah good point.  I guess a new Coach takes on the job knowing what is in store though.
    And if a previous Coach ruined a squad so bad, the question has to be asked, why did the rest of the league allow it? Surely there must of been uneven trades taking place, for this situation to of happened.

ossie85

The problem with voting is that some coaches don't give a damn. Yes, even coaches who claim nothing needs to change and never answer PMs.

nrich102

I don't mind the idea, but why does KB get the team? He quit wxv before, why should he get a team before others who haven't had teams? Call me bias about cause I don't have a team and all, but I think its unfair.

Not against the deal but I don't think anyone really cares about my opinion :P

Nails

Quote from: ossie85 on August 17, 2014, 08:35:08 PM
The problem with voting is that some coaches don't give a damn. Yes, even coaches who claim nothing needs to change and never answer PMs.

I actually neg trades unlike others though ;)

I was the biggest whingey dog with that Libba trade.

Nige

Quote from: Nails on August 17, 2014, 08:37:45 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on August 17, 2014, 08:35:08 PM

I actually neg trades unlike others though ;)

I was the biggest whingey dog with that Libba trade.
I think you're just the biggest, whingey dog in general tbh.  :P

Vinny

AaronKirk

I think Ringo's idea should be explored further.

In theory this will encourage stronger teams to trade better players for earlier picks.

In reality though I don't think it will work. The stronger teams will on-trade these picks to other sides to keep their teams stronger.

The other area which needs to be looked at is the trading voting. I think that  Oz should have the power to veto any trade he thinks is unfair and imbalanced to ensure what has happened in the past does not happen in the future.

Justin Bieber

People say the Libba trade was bad, but Ossie himself approved of it considering Ball was a 90ish averaging mid (although injury prone) and we did give up #6 pick (which landed Jack Billings, who many teams rate highly from that draft class). I'm all for Ossie perhaps having a small board of people who will help decide if trades will be veto'd or not, rather than coaches who may be biased. Think BXVs and possibly AXVs may have similar system (One of the XVs have besides EXV/WXV).

I'll just continue reading all this though, before I actually comment as been talking with Daz about it earlier when the thread started.

Torp

We should just have a whole redraft.  :P ::)

Vinny

In BXV:

Ringo rules on trades and his call is often final.

But after that, teams can appeal to a trade committee which is made up of three people who I cannot remember. Two are Zip and Mr Craig.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nrich102 on August 17, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
I don't mind the idea, but why does KB get the team? He quit wxv before, why should he get a team before others who haven't had teams? Call me bias about cause I don't have a team and all, but I think its unfair.

i didn't want to quit at all but wasnt enjoying being co-coach with Boomz, Ossie knows the circumstances which is why he is happy for me to have another team

Obviously if any positions become vacant i'll have to apply, but i think Ossie knows how dedicated i would be and put in the required time and effort to be successful 

nrich102

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 18, 2014, 12:36:21 AM
Quote from: nrich102 on August 17, 2014, 08:36:08 PM

i didn't want to quit at all but wasnt enjoying being co-coach with Boomz, Ossie knows the circumstances which is why he is happy for me to have another team

Obviously if any positions become vacant i'll have to apply, but i think Ossie knows how dedicated i would be and put in the required time and effort to be successful
Whoever said that Vinny, or myself wouldn't be as dedicated as you? Just cause cause we're not on 24/7 doesn't mean we can't be as dedicated as you or put the appropriate time into it. (Vin was just an example of someone who I think may want the job). You've had your go and you quit cause you were fussy about boomz not wanting to trade so early or something.

By Os' post, it more seemed to be you getting straight in :P

kilbluff1985

although it seemed like it i never meant to say it like i would be more dedicated then you or Vinny i was just saying why i deserve another team