Main Menu

Equalisation Idea

Started by ossie85, August 17, 2014, 05:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: ossie85 on August 17, 2014, 06:14:16 PM
I agree, but am really hating the games where teams have basically no chance of winning

I'm sure the coaches are even more

I'd say the easiest, and most effective way to fix this is to see if all the other coaches will agree, but give the bottom teams more higher picks then usual

Come up with a proposal for a new draft pick order, one that will genuinely help the bottom teams, but wont hurt the mid range teams too much, then put it to all coaches

ossie85

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 17, 2014, 06:16:42 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on August 17, 2014, 06:14:16 PM
I agree, but am really hating the games where teams have basically no chance of winning

I'm sure the coaches are even more

I'd say the easiest, and most effective way to fix this is to see if all the other coaches will agree, but give the bottom teams more higher picks then usual

Come up with a proposal for a new draft pick order, one that will genuinely help the bottom teams, but wont hurt the mid range teams too much, then put it to all coaches

Well, I'm happy to hear proposals RD.....

kilbluff1985

better picks doesn't guarantee it will help teams improve though

Toga

Nails

This would just flowering ruin WXVs.

So what if there's games with teams having like no chance of winning? Demons have like no chance of beating Hawks right now. e.g. Pacific have no chance beating pumas now, but in 5 years they might once their kids develop, same as Pacific.

Let them merge now? These teams are full of kids, they'll be 10x better than any teams we have now. Buenos Aires are probably going to be terrible next year. We're going to be a bottom 2-4 team very soon. Can we merge with somebody when all our players retire?

When does it end? As soon as a team ends up going terribly they merge? Start now and it never ends.

Right now the bottom teams have 4 wins in the AFL. In worlds our bottom have 3 wins but in less games played. This is meant to represent AFL and currently it's doing it perfectly.

I don't see what the big problem is. My BXVs team came 2nd last, IDEC, we'll be better in the future.

JBs-Hawks

How about something less drastic like if you make finals you dont get a first round pick? This would also make finals teams more likely to trade the lower teams a player for a pick

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 17, 2014, 06:19:33 PM
better picks doesn't guarantee it will help teams improve though

Coaches using the picks right should.

I was speaking with Ele recently and told him that I actually LOL'd after looking at their team for the first time. How that team even exists has me stumped, but those poor blokes have no chance

Now, what if they had something like 4 of the Top 10 draft picks? I'm sure they could get use a few of them to get genuine A graders from other teams

The trades would need to be used to get Guns from other sides, but also invest in the lists future too

At the end of the day, every league has teams that just struggle all the time, but we can at least try to bridge the gap, and I don't see any other way besides giving them more draft picks

Any other way, like merging etc is most likely going to be a band aid solution, and will effect other teams

There is no quick fix

Purple 77

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 17, 2014, 06:23:06 PM
How about something less drastic like if you make finals you dont get a first round pick? This would also make finals teams more likely to trade the lower teams a player for a pick

I don't mind that idea.

ossie85

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 17, 2014, 06:25:16 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 17, 2014, 06:23:06 PM

I don't mind that idea.

I'm sure that proposal would win 10 votes to 8... but something worth considering...

.... not fair for this trade period though really.

Master Q

Quote from: Toga on August 17, 2014, 06:16:31 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 17, 2014, 06:06:34 PM
Think the priority picks this year will go a long way to helping them if they use them right. Look last year pot got deledio with #1 so if the teams want to start winning then they can if they make the right trades. We cant have mergers everytime a team goes shower.

I was thinking this as well but judging by some of the deals offered to us for Pick #1 which were quite frankly ridiculous, I'm not sure we'll be able to get our hands on a player of the calibre of Deledio this year. We will see though I guess
I'm happy if teams don't want Pick 1 and are trading away their picks for chips. I know of at least two teams who are going to have terrible depth in 1-2 seasons. What happens then? Just merge them?

The issue is the majority of teams all want short term success when in reality only one team can win the flag... if teams don't give a crap about the future and picks well that's fine. The bottom "4" clubs are going to be stuck with their great young players, and they will dominate in 5 years if the comp is still going by then.

I can't speak for the other bottom clubs, but I actually think we will be more competitive next year.

Toga

Quote from: Master Q on August 17, 2014, 06:28:29 PM
I can't speak for the other bottom clubs, but I actually think we will be more competitive next year.

Me too, if people trade fairly

AaronKirk

Quote from: Toga on August 17, 2014, 06:29:18 PM

Same with New York. If New York had 4 forwards that play each week we probably would have made finals this year. Lost a lot of games because we played 1, sometimes 2 players OOP.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: ossie85 on August 17, 2014, 06:26:04 PM
.... not fair for this trade period though really.

I don't think any solution will be fair for this period. Whatever is decided, it needs to be with the thoughts of being implemented next year/after the trade period

Me too. AK especially, and I have been working really hard and tirelessly on improving, and I think our team is going to improve next year too :)

Master Q

Quote from: Toga on August 17, 2014, 06:29:18 PM

I think I know who you're talking about  :P

Justin Bieber

I don't watch Worlds that much, but how has it gotten so uneven? I know in British it's far more even the bottoms can beat the top teams on their day...