Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 17, 2014, 06:04:16 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 17, 2014, 05:59:01 PM
FYI I'm not keen on Christchurch Saints as a team name

Saints don't do very well in this sport  :P

Christchurch Sheeps?
Sheep is the plural of sheep.  :P

AaronKirk

Basically if this goes ahead we can throw our deals out of the door, which will completely screw New York.

So if this goes ahead I will not be a co-coach at New York. All this will do is strengthen the 2 lower clubs, screw the next 3-4 teams above them and the status quo remains for the rest.

JBs-Hawks

Think the priority picks this year will go a long way to helping them if they use them right. Look last year pot got deledio with #1 so if the teams want to start winning then they can if they make the right trades. We cant have mergers everytime a team goes shower.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: AaronKirk on August 17, 2014, 06:06:21 PM
Basically if this goes ahead we can throw our deals out of the door, which will completely screw New York.

So if this goes ahead I will not be a co-coach at New York. All this will do is strengthen the 2 lower clubs, screw the next 3-4 teams above them and the status quo remains for the rest.

You're not going anywhere :P

Thoughts on my suggestion of doing this AFTER the trade period?

AaronKirk

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 17, 2014, 06:06:34 PM
Think the priority picks this year will go a long way to helping them if they use them right. Look last year pot got deledio with #1 so if the teams want to start winning then they can if they make the right trades. We cant have mergers everytime a team goes shower.

This sums it up.

AaronKirk

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 17, 2014, 06:08:03 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on August 17, 2014, 06:06:21 PM

You're not going anywhere :P

Thoughts on my suggestion of doing this AFTER the trade period?

Look at the proposal for the draft picks from Oz. We would have to scrap the deals we have done.

ossie85

How about this.....

instead of any kind of poaching, the two new teams will get the first 2 picks of each draft round

AND

10 retired WXV players each. These players will have a score allocated to them based on a random selection of previous scores they did. Can only play if they can't field a team?

Btw nobody has any deals atm officially

Jay

No, this is not needed. The teams will balance themselves out over time when the kids that Pacific, Beijing and NDT have start hitting their primes and the old guys that the Suns and Dongs have start dropping off.

There's always going to be bad teams, let the coaches fix it with smart trading and drafting.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 17, 2014, 06:04:16 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 17, 2014, 05:59:01 PM
FYI I'm not keen on Christchurch Saints as a team name

Saints don't do very well in this sport  :P

Christchurch Sheeps?

http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/zoomify/10593/weevils

toughest beetles going around in New Zealand lol

ossie85

Quote from: Jayman on August 17, 2014, 06:12:08 PM
No, this is not needed. The teams will balance themselves out over time when the kids that Pacific, Beijing and NDT have start hitting their primes and the old guys that the Suns and Dongs have start dropping off.

There's always going to be bad teams, let the coaches fix it with smart trading and drafting.

I agree, but am really hating the games where teams have basically no chance of winning

Toga

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 17, 2014, 06:06:34 PM

I was thinking this as well but judging by some of the deals offered to us for Pick #1 which were quite frankly ridiculous, I'm not sure we'll be able to get our hands on a player of the calibre of Deledio this year. We will see though I guess