WXV Prelim Finals: Destroyers v Suns Epic, Rhythm Cup VI

Started by ossie85, August 17, 2014, 04:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: Honey Badger on August 22, 2014, 06:57:12 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on August 22, 2014, 06:47:46 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 22, 2014, 06:46:49 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on August 22, 2014, 06:43:32 PM
Not that I should be commenting on how my opponent decides to line up, but Swan an interesting choice as captain. Hasn't cracked the ton since round 6... :-X

is playing GWS and not like he has other obvious options
Yeah exactly, who else would be a better option?
Just because you are playing the Giants doesn't mean you will score big. Obviously he's missing his top options, but I feel choosing someone who has only gone over 100 three times this year isn't the best person to choose. Look I may be wrong and it could turn out to be a masterstroke, just stating my opinion.
I still think Swan is a good option, not because he's playing GWS, because there isn't any other real captain options.

Jukes

Swan has 159 and 141 in his two games against GWS I believe. He's a spud, but without their top three captain options (Barlow, SJ, Boomer) probably the best choice, alongside Dish who he has VC.

ossie85

Quote from: Jukes on August 22, 2014, 07:07:15 PM
Swan has 159 and 141 in his two games against GWS I believe. He's a spud, but without their top three captain options (Barlow, SJ, Boomer) probably the best choice, alongside Dish who he has VC.

Swan a spud? Down on form yes, but a spud?

Jukes

100% spud, I can kick better than him and I'm a KPP, and he doesn't even get the ball much anymore. Joshy Thomas and Seedsy are more useful to the pies currently.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Jukes on August 22, 2014, 07:07:15 PM
Chappy is averaging 108.8 from his last 5 games and last 2 scores against the Suns are 142 and 141. I reckon he would have been a better choice. But hey, not my team.

Nige

So Marseille vs Alexandria is:

J. Trengove, H. Grundy, M. Williams, L. Ball, C. Dawes, C. Shenton, A.Cordy

vs

S.Rowe, J.Laidler, N.Gordon, T.Chaplin, S.Tape, R.Crowley, C.Cameron, B.Hartman, J.Cripps

Nails

but more importantly Chapman is 93 in his last 93 and 76 in his last 1...

Dane Swan was their highest AF scorer last week against Lions. Dane Swan has been playing forward a bit this year, however with Beams out and their other injuries should be nearly pure mid. I did consider Chapman but Chapman seems to have a ceiling of ~140

If I'm going to beat you I need ~180 which Swan is capable of. With my points a 130 captain score isn't good enough. I need someone who can go BIG hence Swan/Petrie

Nige

Didn't name an Africonia team because I hoped and assumed pothead or My Chumps would, should know better than to expect that of the two least active coaches this season.

I assume we get last week's team with the relevant changes and no sub rule?

Won't let that happen next week.

Justin Bieber

Yeah I named Europe team since figured rather put one up and let others change if they'd like, just incase.

Quote from: NigeyS on August 22, 2014, 08:17:12 PM
So Marseille vs Alexandria is:

J. Trengove, H. Grundy, M. Williams, L. Ball, C. Dawes, C. Shenton, A.Cordy

vs

S.Rowe, J.Laidler, N.Gordon, T.Chaplin, S.Tape, R.Crowley, C.Cameron, B.Hartman, J.Cripps
Looks like Alexandria have the numbers advantage with 2 extra players, but have to think if our top 4 do well + Shenton/Dawes surprise and a few of your guys get the sub-vest, Marseilles in with a chance to continue their trek to the Reserves GF!

Jroo

Game over already, Gray is going to score more than Yarran, Waite and Ebert combined. Boak going well too  :'(

CrowsFan

Well Hartlett and Polec have got us off to a good start :)

roo boys!

Oz, I'll let you name my best XV as no doubt I'll let bias for my reserves get in the way.

I'd just like to mention I was planning to drop Pendles for the prelim final anyway if I made it, so he should be available to play reserves this week right?

Holz

Robbie Gray I love you, don't want to trade anymore.

roo boys!

ossie85

All sub rule

Team Asia

D: D Swallow, S Mitchell, H Taylor, C Hooker
M: B Gibbs (C), K Jack (VC), O Wines, A Miles
R: B Grundy
F: L Parker, P Dangerfield, L Dahlhaus, M LeCras
I: L Shuey, T Greene
E: B Ellis, S Motlop, M Suckling

So... Using FOUR entire squads (Beijing, Tokyo, New Delhi, Seoul) and they have a grand total of ONE ruck playing :/

Team Americas

D: M Johnson, J Gibson, S Fisher, T McKenzie
M: S Pendlebury (C), T Liberatore (VC), A Treloar, J Macrae
R: P Ryder
F: J Riewoldt, M Spangher, L Adams, J White
I: H Bennell, M Stokes
E: C Pedersen, M Pyke, B Brown

Team Africonia

D: P Hanley, N Malceski, B Smith, C Guthrie
M: M Murphy, D Prestia, T Cotchin, L Hayes
R: S Mumford (vc)
F: S Martin (c), L Breust, J Howe, T Hawkins