2014 Coaches Award & Other Nominations

Started by ossie85, August 04, 2014, 08:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

I'm sure if PNL made the 4, probably would get the CotY award but hard to take it from Holz with his team :-X.

Nice stats Oss! Good to see PNL up there for the jumps in everything :D. And yeah, Daz is an awesome assistant 8).

JBs-Hawks

Good to see pot got some recognition. Goes about his job quietly but did a good improving the Warriors.

Holz

despite having alot of good players, clear standout at Dublin.

Tom Rockliff,

lifted his average from 110 to 128 to become the second best player in the competition at only 24.

Master Q

Ollie Wines is an easy pick for us. Really lifted his game to the next level this year (as expected) and has handled the captaincy very well.

I'd also like to say well done to the Warriors, I think they made some good progress alongside us this season  :)

My Chumps

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 04, 2014, 08:40:29 PM
Ben McGlynn for the Magpies

Came to the squad cheap as chips for Dawson Simpson, then became a dominant forward of the competition increasing his average by 24 points a game. Going into the year I expected him to be a solid performer in the ressies but I was wrong as he kept Balla in the ressies and pumped out consistent big scores all year.
Excellent nomination.

I'll nominate Dom Tyson. Came to the club cheap as chips last trade period after he played only 3 games in 2012 averaging 44, but has since become one of the first names on the Cobras team sheet averaging 93 over 18 games, including scintillating highs of 159, 138, 136 and 122. At just 21 years of age, he's set to be an absolute superstar for the franchise.

Purple 77

Quote from: My Chumps on August 07, 2014, 02:09:44 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 04, 2014, 08:40:29 PM
Ben McGlynn for the Magpies

Came to the squad cheap as chips for Dawson Simpson, then became a dominant forward of the competition increasing his average by 24 points a game. Going into the year I expected him to be a solid performer in the ressies but I was wrong as he kept Balla in the ressies and pumped out consistent big scores all year.
Excellent nomination.

I'll nominate Dom Tyson. Came to the club cheap as chips last trade period after he played only 3 games in 2012 averaging 44, but has since become one of the first names on the Cobras team sheet averaging 93 over 18 games, including scintillating highs of 159, 138, 136 and 122. At just 21 years of age, he's set to be an absolute superstar for the franchise.

That nomination and review makes me very happy.  :D

Toga

Quote from: Master Q on August 06, 2014, 09:42:54 PM
Ollie Wines is an easy pick for us. Really lifted his game to the next level this year (as expected) and has handled the captaincy very well.

I'd also like to say well done to the Warriors, I think they made some good progress alongside us this season  :)

Have to second this! Wines has been a clear standout for us as captain of the team in just his second season after last year's captain Matty Kreuzer went down with a serious injury early in the season, and Harry Taylor down on form for most of the year.

roo boys!

For Toronto it has to be Rhyce Shaw, after coming to the club for biscuits at pick 80 in last year's International Draft, Shaw has secured a starting spot in Toronto's defensive 4 this season, with a healthy average of 82.38 when taking out his injured game. Not to mention 5 tons from 13 completed games. Also just pips Spangher for best beard at the club!

Purple 77

Had a good long think about this one, and I think I'll give it to Paul "Duffman" Duffield.

Was in my team in 2012, traded at the end of the year to secure Jack Steven, then traded back to me at the end of last year, with a mere 2013  80-average.

Not only has he increased his average to 92 this year (including 8 tons), he is one of two players to play every game for me this year, so he did not let me down once when I needed him playing the most.

Thank you Duffman!

Still can't guarantee you won't be traded though

DazBurg

go the reindeers :D

thanks for the complement for best assistant Oss i'm honored to hear you say that

though i think HP makes life easy for me so makes me look good  ;)

elephants

We're gonna throw up a little left-fielder here!

Will Langford

Going into the season, we knew we were very light on in defence, so when this kid popped his head up during the preseason with some huge scores, Rico and I really started to take notice. Will was consistently our D4 and was the only player back there we could bank on for the occasional great score, highlights including scores of 80+ in rounds 6, 8 and 19 as well as a 95 in round 11.

Langford was very very close to being delisted but we're stoked our decision to hold has paid off. He's one shining light in an otherwise depressing year for NDT and someone we have very high hopes for. We love the way he goes about his footy with more than half of his ball won in contested situations and consistently racking up big tackles numbers, Will Langford gets our coaches award nomination for really lifting his game to the next level and filling the role we needed him to.

Ringo

I thought I would be the one to through in one from left field but you guys beat me to the punch.

From the Royals I would like to nominate Dane Rampe

Ossie will correct me if wrong but pretty sure Rampe has played every game this year for the Royals after debuting late last season and playing minimal games.

He has really locked down a position in the Royals Defence and is one of the first picked each week. He has lifted his ppg by 18 and is a worthy nomination from the Royals. Has tonned up three times with another three scores above 85. Good return from a second year player.

Justin Bieber

Was putting off this but had to do it eventually.

PNL Reindeers nomination for this season is Matthew Jaensch! Coming to us with #45 in the International Draft, he has lifted his game to another level this season. He has not only lifted his average by roughly 33 points from last year, he is also playing more games than he is missing! We only brought him in to serve as depth, but he has stepped up and has kept the likes of Marley Williams, Jackson trengove, Luke McPharlin and Heath Grundy out of the side. Of course nothing flash but they are mostly 70+ averaging backs. Jaensch arrived at the club knowing he would have to lift his game otherwise he'd be stuck playing for Marseilles most weeks, but he did so in fine fashion. He has scored 9 tons over his first 19 games and has helped PNL push themselves on the edge of a top 4 spot.

Who knew missing out on Anthony Miles 3 picks earlier wasn't all that bad?

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 10, 2014, 02:31:07 PM
Was putting off this but had to do it eventually.

PNL Reindeers nomination for this season is Matthew Jaensch! Coming to us with #45 in the International Draft, he has lifted his game to another level this season. He has not only lifted his average by roughly 33 points from last year, he is also playing more games than he is missing! We only brought him in to serve as depth, but he has stepped up and has kept the likes of Marley Williams, Jackson trengove, Luke McPharlin and Heath Grundy out of the side. Of course nothing flash but they are mostly 70+ averaging backs. Jaensch arrived at the club knowing he would have to lift his game otherwise he'd be stuck playing for Marseilles most weeks, but he did so in fine fashion. He has scored 9 tons over his first 19 games and has helped PNL push themselves on the edge of a top 4 spot.

Who knew missing out on Anthony Miles 3 picks earlier wasn't all that bad?
from a delisted player to a starter what a turn around
(tohugh miles been great too )

Torp

Nominating the one and only:

Dyson Heppell

He has really led from the front this year and improved his efficiency.