WXV Finals Week 1: Grand Final Rematch, Europe hosts 3 Finals

Started by ossie85, August 03, 2014, 02:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Would also like to point out the brilliant work of Buntine who as mentioned earlier loves playing Mexico City in finals, as well as Tony Armstrong! Tony came in to the squad for his first game of the year and only 4th in his 3 years at the club, but performed admirably down back when we needed it :)

Jroo

Quote from: Honey Badger on August 10, 2014, 08:39:25 PM
Would also like to point out the brilliant work of Buntine who as mentioned earlier loves playing Mexico City in finals, as well as Tony Armstrong! Tony came in to the squad for his first game of the year and only 4th in his 3 years at the club, but performed admirably down back when we needed it :)
Is it correct that he's played two games against us?

If so, he averages 98.5 against Mexico, compared to his average of 52.7 when not playing against MCS.

What the flower.

ossie85

Nige

Thank God Alexandria were in a qualifying final.  :-\

roo boys!

Sao Paulo, Mexico City, either way, America's could be a pretty strong side this weekend I'm feeling!

Good to see the reserves earn the week off, with the highest score of the round mind you. Praying they can bring some respect to the club for season 2014. If Grima, Greenwood, Pedersen, Henderson can return to the senior side over the next two weeks that would help strengthen the twos.

Nige

Quote from: roo boys! on August 10, 2014, 09:04:31 PM
Sao Paulo, Mexico City, either way, America's could be a pretty strong side this weekend I'm feeling!

Good to see the reserves earn the week off, with the highest score of the round mind you. Praying they can bring some respect to the club for season 2014. If Grima, Greenwood, Pedersen, Henderson can return to the senior side over the next two weeks that would help strengthen the twos.
Henderson is gone for the season buddy.  :(

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 10, 2014, 08:18:37 PM
Figured we'd get beaten by a monster score. Cape Town won the double header when it mattered. Not playing Patton and Lynch getting subbed out hurt us and generally a few guys underperforming. Can't complain as we made finals for the first time ever. Wish it went on longer but at least I don't have to resign this off-season.

At least Europe will now have PNL added to their squad of players to choose from ;). And hoping Marseilles get that Premiership in the Reserves, deserve something this season!

gutted it is over so soon  :(

roo boys!

Quote from: NigeyS on August 10, 2014, 09:07:48 PM

Oh really? That sucks, I didn't even know he'd injured his eye socket until the teams came out on Thursday

Nige

Quote from: roo boys! on August 10, 2014, 09:12:30 PM

Oh really? That sucks, I didn't even know he'd injured his eye socket until the teams came out on Thursday
I was pretty shattered because he would have been handy in AXVs for our elimination final.  :(

roo boys!

Quote from: NigeyS on August 10, 2014, 09:14:44 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on August 10, 2014, 09:12:30 PM

I was pretty shattered because he would have been handy in AXVs for our elimination final.  :(
Yep certainly is a big blow, he was in some real form too

My Chumps

Some huge scores this weekend! Pretty sure that 158 is our highest of the season.

Rough luck PNL, have been the better team all year.

CrowsFan

I still can't believe I came away with the win!!

And to think that was without my best mid (GAJ), best defender (Walker) and second best forward (Gunston). Probably wouldn't be fair for the other teams if I could pick from a full squad :P

elephants

Justin Bieber

Quote from: My Chumps on August 10, 2014, 11:24:40 PM
Some huge scores this weekend! Pretty sure that 158 is our highest of the season.

Rough luck PNL, have been the better team all year.
You guys saved it for the right time ;). All good, a bit gutted but what can you do.

Happy we finally made the finals, took out the Dillos/Destroyers and pushed Pumas quite a bit for that top 4 spot. So bringing out a lot of positives from the season. Now to hope you guys can go far in the Finals, although rougher task against Mexico :-X.