Bargain basement midfielders? ($94K)

Started by ShrewDext, February 02, 2009, 01:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShrewDext

With this years 1st round draftees recieving a higher starting price it has become difficult to find a midfielder priced at $94K who is likely to get a run in round 1.

Davenport, Beams and M. Robinson (Carlton) are names that have been thrown around but are there any others who could be considered?

Picking theses players correctly from the outset will make an enormous difference to a teams structure and future cash cow trading.

Does Sydney have any unproven 2nd - 3rd year players who might benefit from the recent retirements and increased opportunity?

Your opinions please.

Hawks_1976

I might be stating the obvious here but the NAB cup and challenge may give us the best indicator as to who may get a R1 birth.
I agree that Sydney could be a good place to shop for debut players that have been on Sydney's list for a year or two. Brett Meredith and Daniel O'Keefe are the two I'd watch for as well as Daniel Currie who in my opinion may get the nod for the 2nd ruck possie as he has the ability to go forward and kick goals.
Look out for 2nd and 3rd year players at other clubs to get opportunities as well. Port and Freo have a few of them, they had the most movement on their lists of any clubs in the off season so guys that retained their spots are sure to get their chance.

Watto