WXV Round 17: Epic Rhythm Cup, Asian Cup, Finals, Minor Prem, Spoon, Top 4......

Started by ossie85, July 27, 2014, 06:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

The reason many of the "New rules" have not been implicated is because with such a young and low team, really there is no reason in weekening a certain area of the team weekly like "Resting" Or Flooding as an example, why would we rest any player? ???  We prefer the honest way ;)

Nige

Can't help but recall the trade where Pacific traded Rockliff (who is averaging 128 - you'd think he'd be perma-captain for them). If they hadn't made that trade, I daresay they'd be in a better position than they are now (mainly thanks to Rocky and his freakishness).   

They got Redden (just averaging over 100), Hurley (who they've played 3 times despite being their 6th best player) and Sam Day (played every game but only 6 for Pacific).

tbagrocks

Our forward line is pretty beastly though with Elliot, Blair, Howe, L Thomas and a guy I like the look of who scores well A Tomlinson, Hurley, Terry Milera who played a few good games once he came back, Day and with the injuries and subsequent  SUB prone Matt De Boer. The forward line is a hard gig to break into at the PI. Hurley has taken a while to even get enough footy this year and had fallen out of favour

Toga

So if Howe is keeping Hurley out of the team, why aren't either of them playing? ???

tbagrocks

Quote from: NigeyS on August 03, 2014, 03:24:41 PM
Can't help but recall the trade where Pacific traded Rockliff (who is averaging 128 - you'd think he'd be perma-captain for them). If they hadn't made that trade, I daresay they'd be in a better position than they are now (mainly thanks to Rocky and his freakishness).   

They got Redden (just averaging over 100), Hurley (who they've played 3 times despite being their 6th best player) and Sam Day (played every game but only 6 for Pacific).
Don't blame the trade (Not my idea but) but you lot vote and veto a lot of trades and that was the one that was allowed to pass, blame yourselves ;)

Master Q

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 03, 2014, 03:34:45 PM
Our forward line is pretty beastly though with Elliot, Blair, Howe, L Thomas and a guy I like the look of who scores well A Tomlinson, Hurley, Terry Milera who played a few good games once he came back, Day and with the injuries and subsequent  SUB prone Matt De Boer. The forward line is a hard gig to break into at the PI. Hurley has taken a while to even get enough footy this year and had fallen out of favour
You can always attack which allows you to play one more forward... some of those guys have hardly played anyway.

How does Howe v Brisbane not even crack an EMG gig against Tomlinson who starts playing a semi-decent team in Richmond. Hurley could have been included on the UT/INT over someone like Grigg at least... and no sub rule either which means you'll get Grigg's score  ::)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 03, 2014, 03:40:26 PM
Don't blame the trade (Not my idea but) but you lot vote and veto a lot of trades and that was the one that was allowed to pass, blame yourselves ;)
I stay out of these discussions for a reason. But this point, if you didn't want the trade passed, why do it to begin with? ??? Can't blame other coaches for passing it if you guys were HAPPY enough to agree to the trade. Seeing as you two are Co-Coaches, both you guys have to be happy with the trade, if one of you aren't, then down to miscommunication...

tbagrocks

Quote from: Master Q on August 03, 2014, 03:48:55 PM
You can always attack which allows you to play one more forward... some of those guys have hardly played anyway.

How does Howe v Brisbane not even crack an EMG gig against Tomlinson who starts playing a semi-decent team in Richmond. Hurley could have been included on the UT/INT over someone like Grigg at least... and no sub rule either which means you'll get Grigg's score  ::)
Don't roll your eyes at me! Already stated how Howe was a mistake ::)

Some giant nerds might have time to make use of every single rule but, some of us are not giant nerds

Nige

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 03, 2014, 04:02:57 PM
Quote from: Master Q on August 03, 2014, 03:48:55 PM

Don't roll your eyes at me! Already stated how Howe was a mistake ::)

Some giant nerds might have time to make use of every single rule but, some of us are not giant nerds
So you know you're in wrong and just can't admit it so you've resorted to name calling?

ossie85

Meanwhile, some interesting scores from the Lions/Demons match  :P

Justin Bieber

Guys, I'm cutting it here. Any other mention of tanking in this thread will be deleted. Anybody want to take matter further, PM Ossie. We've kinda started to go downhill with the comments steering more personal and attacking.

Now back into the final round.... I can't even find the post where Cape Town named their team, so can't even see the players to not cheer for :(.

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on August 03, 2014, 04:10:49 PM
Meanwhile, some interesting scores from the Lions/Demons match  :P
I heard Jeremy Howe and Dean Terlich were among the best.

Nige

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 03, 2014, 04:11:19 PM
Guys, I'm cutting it here. Any other mention of tanking in this thread will be deleted. Anybody want to take matter further, PM Ossie. We've kinda started to go downhill with the comments steering more personal and attacking.

Now back into the final round.... I can't even find the post where Cape Town named their team, so can't even see the players to not cheer for :(.

Here you go.  :)

Quote from: My Chumps on August 01, 2014, 12:15:55 AM
Thomas handy, but not enough for the captaincy. Curnow below average.

D: C O'Shea, J Pittard, C Guthrie, J Gwilt
M: J Kennedy (C), T Cotchin, D Tyson, E Curnow
R: S Martin
F: T Hawkins, C Bird, J Darling, S Reid
I: S Higgins, D Thomas (VC)

E: A Cooney, G Rohan, J Bennell

Also, is it too late to say sub rule in place? :-X

Justin Bieber

Cheers Nige. Found it myself when I searched for Chumps rather than Cape Town ::).

Looking at the players left, PNL SHOULD have this match :D. Now to hope Pumas lose >:D.