WXV Round 17: Epic Rhythm Cup, Asian Cup, Finals, Minor Prem, Spoon, Top 4......

Started by ossie85, July 27, 2014, 06:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

Quote from: DazBurg on August 02, 2014, 02:42:07 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on August 02, 2014, 02:37:28 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on August 02, 2014, 11:02:39 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 02, 2014, 10:57:32 AM
Quote from: DazBurg on August 02, 2014, 10:56:38 AM
Quote from: AaronKirk on August 02, 2014, 10:50:57 AM
New York Revolution

B: C.Dempsey (49) , J.Gibson, S.Fisher, T.McKenzie
M: T.Liberatore (CC), A.Treloar(CC), J.Macrae, M.Stokes
R: S.Lycett
F: T.Cloke, A.Black, A.Christensen (OOP), M.Pyke (OOP) (67)
Int: D.Armitage, H.Bennell

Emg: S.Atley , K.Stevens, J.Batchelor

Sub rule

The one week I move Pyke out of the ruck to OOP  ::)

if you send Lycett to PNL you wouldn't have that problem  ;)
You need to get rid of players first.  :P
well obviously i'd have to give something to get lycett :P

and more then happy to make some moves this off season just sounding out atm there's like 4 or 5 teams already chasing forwards
and HP and i are in no rush  ;)

Maybe if Lycett was given DPP next season we wouldn't have that problem  ;)
is that a risk you want to take?  ;)
Yes !

AaronKirk

New York Revolution

B: C.Dempsey (49) , J.Gibson, S.Fisher (64) , T.McKenzie (71)
M: T.Liberatore (CC), A.Treloar(CC) (155), J.Macrae, M.Stokes (93)
R: S.Lycett (68)
F: T.Cloke, A.Black (50), A.Christensen (OOP)(57), M.Pyke (OOP) (67)
Int: D.Armitage (94) , H.Bennell (115)

Emg: S.Atley , K.Stevens, J.Batchelor

Sub rule

883/11 one CC left - basically another low score this week  :-\

Toga

Quote from: Honey Badger on August 03, 2014, 11:25:46 AM
So it seems obvious to everyone that Pacific were tanking to try and drop their percentage down enough to get the number 1 pick. But what I don't understand is surely even naming their best team they would still get it. The percentages are so close between them and Beijing, whilst Pacific have to play Dublin this round and Beijing play London. Dublin should give Pacific a big enough beating anyway to get the number 1 pick without having to resort to tanking... :-X

Well yeah, that's the thing... In the average week you would think Dublin would beat Pacific by a fair bit more than London would beat us, so it would've been fairly likely they would have finished bottom regardless... Seems like naming a team like they did is a pretty silly thing to do given the circumstances.

JBs-Hawks

Yea but then you gotta think how long the tanking has gone on for, probably isnt just this week if Hurley isnt a regular in their team. Off with there heads and take their first rounder off them!

Master Q

Two small forwards against Port (Blair and Elliot) as co-captains too.

CrowsFan

Quote from: NigeyS on August 03, 2014, 11:47:32 AM
Quote from: Honey Badger on August 03, 2014, 11:25:46 AM
So it seems obvious to everyone that Pacific were tanking to try and drop their percentage down enough to get the number 1 pick. But what I don't understand is surely even naming their best team they would still get it. The percentages are so close between them and Beijing, whilst Pacific have to play Dublin this round and Beijing play London. Dublin should give Pacific a big enough beating anyway to get the number 1 pick without having to resort to tanking... :-X
How do you explain Bontempelli going from co-captain to an emergency that could have been loopholed against a struggling Berlin (which Purps will admit to)?

Their best team clearly isn't being fielded though, the chances are that the 'best' team probably would score better than the team will this week which is pretty poor on their part imo.
I know that's what I'm getting at Nige. They're not playing their best team, but even if they played their best team this week against Dubin they would still get thumped by enough to give them last spot if you go by the average scores each week.

AaronKirk

Pacific were always going to be belted by Dublin so why did Pacific make it so blatantly obvious that they wanted to lose by as much as possible. It is pretty clear what Pacific are doing this week.

Purple 77

Even if it wasn't tanking, then it would be poor coaching. Either way you look at it, it doesn't look good.

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 03, 2014, 12:31:46 PM
Even if it wasn't tanking, then it would be poor coaching. Either way you look at it, it doesn't look good.
This is what I was trying to say but it didn't exactly come out like this.  :-[

ossie85

* - Captain/Both Co-Captains played
# - One co-captain played

Mexico City Suns 8/845 v Cairo Sands 10/1016#
The Suns looking the goods so far, with a VC Sandi to turn into a Captain, but Cairo aren't out of it yet.

Seoul Magpies 12/1101* v Tokyo Samurai 12/969*
Magpies looking to finish the season on a high!

Wellington Warriors 8/792* v New Delhi Tigers 14/912*
Warriors to finish on a high, thanks to retiring champion Lenny

Pacific Islanders 12/766 v Dublin Destroyers 8/818
Destroyers as expected

Cape Town Cobras 10/962* v  PNL Reindeers 11/1101*
Close match! Finals match ups depend on this result....

London Royals 13/1037* v Beijing Thunder 8/669#
Thunder still a chance!

Toronto Wolves 10/844 v New York Revolution 11/883#
Wolves lucky about the OOP players...

Sao Paulo Pumas 9/872* v Buenos Aires Armadillos 8/786*
A HUGE THRILLER. But what else did we expect?

Moscow Spetsnaz* 10/1048 v Berlin Brewers 9/973*
Another close game! But the Spetsnaz have the edge...

tbagrocks

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 03, 2014, 12:31:46 PM

I disagree, we all leave a forgotten player out once, Howe was simply not added to the team. Hurley battling against other good forwards and please, Bonti is a ten game player

kilbluff1985

PowerBug

This thread should be locked because it is degrading Pacific Islanders and its two coaches and it will continue to do so in future. Considering threads in this forums get deleted for degrading people that won't even see them, I think one that degrades actual members should be deleted.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

JBs-Hawks

And the fact that he was a co-captain the other week and also cunningham is named before him who averages 50 .