WXV Round 17: Epic Rhythm Cup, Asian Cup, Finals, Minor Prem, Spoon, Top 4......

Started by ossie85, July 27, 2014, 06:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Biggest round ever?

Quite possible!

NO RESTING. LAST CHANCE FOR FLOODING AND ATTACKING.

Partial Lockout for the Thursday Night game, full lock out Friday night.

Round 17      AFL Round 19 (partial lock-out)   

Mexico City Suns   v   Cairo Sands   Fireball Stadium   AAP Alliance Premiership Match
Seoul Magpies   v   Tokyo Samurai   Seoul World Cup Stadium   Asian Premiership Match & Asian Cup
Wellington Warriors   v   New Delhi Tigers   The Basin Reserve   
Pacific Islanders   v   Dublin Destroyers   Oakley Arena, Tonga   
Cape Town Cobras   v   PNL Reindeers   Newlands Cricket Ground   
London Royals   v   Beijing Thunder   London Olympic Stadium   EurAsian Premiership Match
Toronto Wolves   v   New York Revolution   Rogers Centre   Americas Premiership Match
Sao Paulo Pumas   v   Buenos Aires Armadillos   Estadio do Pumas   Americas Premiership Match & Rhythm (South American Cup)
Moscow Spetsnaz   v   Berlin Brewers   Luzhniki Stadium   European Premiership Match

Mexico City Suns face off against the Cairo Sands. The Suns want a minor premiership, but more importantly, they don't want to face in Dublin in the first week of the finals. Meanwhile Cairo's top 8 chances rely on a win here and either Cape Town or Toronto losing

Seoul faces Tokyo in the Asian Cup, with Seoul holding a 2-0 lead. Playing for pride, and this cup, but unless Seoul beat Tokyo by 90 points, the Samurai will take home the Asian Premiership.

Wellington face off against the New Delhi, and will start strong favourites. The Tigers would love to get a 5th win, as that would should improvement on last year. The Warriors want to avoid a 2nd spoon in a row, and a win would guarantee it.

Pacific aren't going to win against a Dublin team whose eyes are on a different prize.

Cape Town can lose, and still make the finals, but would be relying on both Berlin and Cairo losing. Meanwhile PNL need this win, and hope Buenos Aires to beat Sao Paulo, to make the top 4.

London will be looking to finish the season on a high, while Beijing don't want to win the spoon.

New York and Toronto face off, and while New York are playing for pride and to keep out of the bottom 4, Toronto risk falling out of the 8 if they lose (and 2 of Cape Town, Cairo and Berlin win).

In the match of the Round, we have the 5th Rhythm Cup! With Sao Paulo leading Buenos Aires 4-0, but they've had so many epic encounters - including last year's after the siren Prelim Final. Buenos Aires have top 2 and minor premiership hopes on the line, a loss would likely see the Pumas miss the 4. Expecting some fireworks!

Berlin's finals hope hinge on beating Moscow, and hoping two of Cairo, Cape Town and Toronto lose. Moscow will finish either 5th or 6th.

Ladder:

Position   Name   Score   Scored Against   Wins   Losses   Percentage
1   Mexico City Suns   2430   2123   14   2   114.46

Technically the Suns can lose and stay 1st, or win and drop to 2nd! Such is the closeness of percentage.
In all likelihood, a loss to Cairo would see them at least drop to 2nd as Dublin will almost certainly beat Pacific. A win would secure top 2, and it would depend on the result of Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo.

2   Buenos Aires Armadillos   2355   2061   14   2   114.26

Buenos Aires could lose and regain 1st spot! But like Mexico City, Dublin would almost certainly takes it place if so. A win against Sao Paulo and it will come down to percentage with Mexico City v Cairo.

3   Dublin Destroyers   2488   2175   13   3   114.39

Can't finish lower than 3rd, and will finish top 2 if they beat Pacific (which is gonna happen), and if either Mexico City or Buenos Aires lose. They'll finish first if both happens.

4   Sao Paulo Pumas   2402   2157   11   5   111.36

Can't finish higher than 4th, and need a win against Buenos Aires to secure it. A loss, and they need to rely PNL losing to Cape Town to stay in the top 4.

5   Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers   2271   2211   11   5   102.71

Can finish as high as 4th or as low as 6th, which is great for PNL really! A win would secure 5th at least, and 4th if the Pumas lose to the Armadillos. A loss and they could slip to 6th if Moscow beat Berlin.

6   Moscow Spetsnaz   2252   2108   10   6   106.83

Can finish as high as 5th if they win PNL lose to Cape Town, and can't finish lower than 6th. Home elimination final secure.

7   Toronto Wolves   2181   2171   9   7   100.46

Can't finish higher than 7th, but could amazingly slip to 10th if all of Cape Town, Cairo and Berlin win and they lose to New York.

8   Cape Town Cobras   2154   2157   9   7   99.86

A win secures a finals place that looked unlikely 2 weeks ago. Can finish as high as 7th if they win and Toronto loses. Could finish as low as 10th with a loss if Cairo or Berlin win.

9   Cairo Sands   2303   2179   8   8   105.69

Cairo's destiny is in the hands of others. One thing for sure is that they need to beat Mexico City to make the finals, and hope that either Toronto or Cape Town lose. Can finish as high as 7th and as low as 10th.

10   Berlin Brewers   2171   2157   8   8   100.65

Berlin's finals chances are the most remote. With Berlin first needing to beat Moscow, and hoping that 2 of Cairo, Cape Town and Toronto lose. Could theoretically finish as high as 7th, but no lower than 10th.

11   London Royals   2043   2133   7   9   95.78

London's finals hopes are lose, and can't finish higher than 11th. A loss to Beijing and they will drop to 12th with Seoul and Tokyo playing each other (assuming they don't draw).

12   Seoul Magpies   2154   2204   6   10   97.73

Can finish has high as 11th if Beijing beat London and they beat Tokyo, or 13th if they lose to Tokyo.

13   Tokyo Samurai   2163   2248   6   10   96.22

Can finish has high as 11th if Beijing beat London and they beat Seoul, or 13th if they lose to Seoul.

14   New York Revolution   2025   2162   5   11   93.66

Can't finish higher than 14th, but could slip to 15th if they lose to Toronto and New Delhi defeat Wellington.

15   New Delhi Tigers   1838   2212   4   12   83.09

New Delhi can finish as high as 14th if they beat Wellington and New York lose to Toronto. Amazingly could still win the spoon, if they lose and Pacific and Beijing win.

16   Wellington Warriors   1979   2207   3   13   89.67

Will finish 15th if they defeat New Delhi (unless Pacific or Beijing thrash their opponents), and could finish last if they lose to New Delhi and if Pacific and Beijing win or gain enough percentage on them.

17   Pacific Islanders   1933   2200   3   13   87.86

Will finish 16th if Pacific upset Dublin, assuming Beijing don't also win and gain percentage on them. Could finish last with a loss to Dublin, regardless of how Beijing go, depending on percentages.

18   Beijing Thunder   1918   2195   3   13   87.38

Could finish as high as 16th with a win (or even a loss depending on other results!), a loss and they could still avoid the wooden spoon with Dublin likely to smash the Pacific.

Nige

Wowee. Huge round! Amazing how the 8 still isn't set.

I'm going to pray so hard that we beat Mexico, I don't want to have to rely on other results going our way if we lose.  :(

Justin Bieber

Surprised Pumas Vs Dillos is the match of the round, when the Dillos are unable to even beat the Pumas when given the chance in the past :P.

Jukes

Getting in early as going to be very busy all week, uni and football starting.

D: H. Shaw, L. Dunn, P. Seedsman, N. Vlastuin
M: C. Ward (cc), J. O'Meara (cc), R. Griffen, D. Heppell
R: N. Naitanui
F: D. Martin, A. Monfries, J. Jenkins, S. May
U: Z. Clarke, J. Thomas

Emg: S. Docherty, J. Simpkin, L. Tapscott
Sub

Nige

Well, the odds are pretty stacked against us...

We've shown we can score well, we just need everybody to turn up to play and pump out a great team score.

5th on points but sitting in 9th due to our inconsistent scoring.

Might cry if we don't make finals.  :P

ossie85

Quote from: NigeyS on July 27, 2014, 09:01:03 PM

We've shown we can score well, we just need everybody to turn up to play and pump out a great team score.

I was 4th points and came 9th in 2012. Still hurts lol

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on July 27, 2014, 09:02:18 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on July 27, 2014, 09:01:03 PM

I was 4th points and came 9th in 2012. Still hurts lol
:o :(

CrowsFan

Clearly my boys were taking it easy against London in the build up for the Rhythm Cup! But even so everyone has been put on notice, and no one in the team is safe after only 3 tonned up last week (well those 3 are safe)...

kilbluff1985

Tokyo

D: Ibbotson, Suckling, Carlisle, Henderson
M: Jack, Miles, Judd, Shuey
R: Simpson
F: Parker, Dahlhaus, Motlop, Tippett
I/C: S Mitchell, S Lloyd

Emerg: Suban (mid), Broughton (def), Ambrose (fwd)

Holz

CrowsFan

Love it how everyone always seems to feel sorry for me and offer me players!

I'll gladly accept them Holz, but you seem to be forgetting that the Dillos choke every time they play the Pumas. Couldn't even beat me when I had 3 OOP players last year!

Holz

Quote from: Honey Badger on July 28, 2014, 05:05:32 PM

I'll gladly accept them Holz, but you seem to be forgetting that the Dillos choke every time they play the Pumas. Couldn't even beat me when I had 3 OOP players last year!

I dont feel sorry for you i just want the dillos to lose. Make it happen.

ossie85

Quote from: Holzman on July 28, 2014, 05:10:55 PM

what if you end up playing the Pumas in week 1 and lose?

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on July 28, 2014, 05:12:56 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 28, 2014, 05:10:55 PM

what if you end up playing the Pumas in week 1 and lose?

I think the suns will win so will have the home game v dillos.

not really worried about an ablettless pumas. Did beat them by 55 this week.

Jroo

Quote from: Holzman on July 28, 2014, 04:46:34 PM
Can I give Rocky Selwood Birchall Rance to the pumas?
Yeah, I'll give you Goddard, Sidey, Hodge, Bartel and Nroo, just please beat the Dillos, HB.