Quote from: Honey Badger on August 24, 2014, 09:34:29 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 24, 2014, 09:13:33 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 24, 2014, 09:12:53 PM
Quote from: Jayman on August 24, 2014, 09:07:53 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 24, 2014, 07:45:24 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 24, 2014, 07:40:46 PM
Quote from: Jayman on August 24, 2014, 07:28:25 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 24, 2014, 07:05:16 PM
Very unlikely that Adelaide will finish 8th. The chance that one of West Coast or Richmond will win next week is pretty high
Can still make it with a West Coast win
Yes, but if West Coast win, it's probably going to be a decent margin and therefore you'd have to murder St Kilda which I don't see happening.

Not only would they have to murder St.Kilda, they'd have to murder them by a mile
We beat the Lions by 100 in Brisbane, why can't we do the same to St kilda? Go Crows!

If you beat St.Kilda by 100 and West Coast win by 20 you still won't make the 8
Technically not actually true sorry. If the Crows won their game 120 to 20 (100 point margin) their percentage would be 115.5. If West Coast then won 130 to 110 (20 point margin) their percentage would be 114.9. Therefore you are wrong :P

Yeah I did make it up, but I'm suprised at how close I got :P

tbagrocks

Im a little puzzled by most people thinking the WCE are locks, not many travel the other side of the country and knock off the Gold Coast at home!

Crows for a home final ;D

Jay

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 25, 2014, 06:21:47 PM
Im a little puzzled by most people thinking the WCE are locks, not many travel the other side of the country and knock off the Gold Coast at home!
This!
Gold Coast are a great chance.

GoLions

Quote from: Jayman on August 25, 2014, 08:43:16 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on August 25, 2014, 06:21:47 PM
This!
Gold Coast are a great chance.
It's hard for me to rate a team we beat by 50 points :P

Vinny

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 24, 2014, 09:38:50 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on August 24, 2014, 09:34:29 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 24, 2014, 09:13:33 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 24, 2014, 09:12:53 PM
Quote from: Jayman on August 24, 2014, 09:07:53 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 24, 2014, 07:45:24 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 24, 2014, 07:40:46 PM
Quote from: Jayman on August 24, 2014, 07:28:25 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 24, 2014, 07:05:16 PM
Very unlikely that Adelaide will finish 8th. The chance that one of West Coast or Richmond will win next week is pretty high
Can still make it with a West Coast win
Yes, but if West Coast win, it's probably going to be a decent margin and therefore you'd have to murder St Kilda which I don't see happening.

Not only would they have to murder St.Kilda, they'd have to murder them by a mile
We beat the Lions by 100 in Brisbane, why can't we do the same to St kilda? Go Crows!

If you beat St.Kilda by 100 and West Coast win by 20 you still won't make the 8
Technically not actually true sorry. If the Crows won their game 120 to 20 (100 point margin) their percentage would be 115.5. If West Coast then won 130 to 110 (20 point margin) their percentage would be 114.9. Therefore you are wrong :P

Yeah I did make it up, but I'm suprised at how close I got :P
You just got BADGERED!

:P

powersuperkents

In conclusion,

Richmond were the best team of the pack, they could beat the top team (Sydney played easier on them, however, I doubt that if Sydney played at that same level against the Crows, the Suns, Eagles & Magpies they would not produce what Richmond did).

Overall, Richmond deserved it the most, they will be the better team out of the lot next year (depending on Gaj, the Crows should be the second best). I think we should all be thankful West Coast didn't make the 8. If you have a draw like them, a list like them, and yet you can't make the 8, let alone beat a single team in the 8, you shouldn't be playing finals. Obviously the finals outcome was typical for a 5th v 8th (the outcome would've been the same no matter which team played). I think Crows, Richmond, GCS, & WCE will all be interesting sides to watch next season. All team have the potential to make the 8 next season (Richmond has the potential to make the top 4) it will only be a matter of external factors like this season. End of the day a team needs stability (reliable players and a strong administration) and most of these teams were unlucky in one way or another (Crows; injuries and the bar from the draft which has really screwed them over; Tigers; injuries at the beginning of the season and some poor player-to-admin relationships; Magpies; injuries, admin problems (McGuire in general) & loss of players before (and most likely after this season (Buckley is a terrible coach); & GCS; losing Ablett hahaha (literally 75% of their team gone in one game haha). WCE had some injuries but nothing compared to the aforementioned clubs (excluding GCS) still a young team and an inexperienced, yet quite consistent coach (won all the games they should have won, just couldn't beat a team inside the 8; good first year overall, he's no Hinkley or Sanderson (for one year though), but seems to be a good coach still) 

tbagrocks

Can on only be one reason for the sacking of Coach Sando, the Yo-Yo

That's right, how do you lose to Melbourne, Carlton and Essendon poorly whilst beating Collingwood, North Melbourne and Gold Coast "In Form" in the same period?

Yep, the Yo-Yo since the poor ol Prelim loss is the reason!

powersuperkents

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 17, 2014, 09:57:42 PM
Can on only be one reason for the sacking of Coach Sando, the Yo-Yo

That's right, how do you lose to Melbourne, Carlton and Essendon poorly whilst beating Collingwood, North Melbourne and Gold Coast "In Form" in the same period?

Yep, the Yo-Yo since the poor ol Prelim loss is the reason!
To be fair Essendon and Carlton are unpredictable teams, North are unpredictable as well but a great finals team.

But yes I have to agree with you there, if he couldn't find consistency in his team, how could be ever hope to make the finals again. In terms of results it would have been the Crows inconsistency (also the fact he was constantly being out-coached; the Crows seemed to rely on star players more than strategy and that never works (again Sando is to blame for that). Furthermore, he couldn't adapt on the day, if the Crows were losing, they were going to lose, any comeback was at the players' volition and not because of Sando's leadership.

I also heard on an interpersonal level he struggled to communicate with his players. He's in a managerial position so building rapport is vital to his success. A coach could be the most gifted AFL mind, however, if he can't connect with his players it renders all his strategic talent useless. I don't think he should have been the coach to begin with if the latter was the issue. I think the Crow's board of directors made a mistake selecting him. However, if after 3 seasons the board of directors finally work out that their coach has no interpersonal skills with his players, what does that say about their judgement as they are making the club's decisions. I think the Crows current status as a yo-yo is a lack of depth (because they have some amazing players) and administrative failures. This is a good initial step, but they should really be reviewing the board members after this because if their excuse is "failure to communicate with players" they have shown a 'failure of judgement' in appointing him to begin with.

I think Ricciuto should coach them. He'll be able to relate with the players and his a former captain with a strong connection to the club