2014 Review and Rule discussions for 2015.

Started by Ringo, June 24, 2014, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Vinny on November 13, 2014, 10:42:02 PM
Not a fan of multiplying VC captains. Also I think the VC loophole option is fine, don't use it if you don't want to. Use it if you do but obviously there is a risk involved.

LF

Quote from: Nige on November 13, 2014, 10:43:01 PM
Not a fan of multiplying VC captains. Also I think the VC loophole option is fine, don't use it if you don't want to. Use it if you do but obviously there is a risk involved.

JBs-Hawks

Purple 77

Quote from: LF on November 13, 2014, 10:44:37 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 13, 2014, 10:43:01 PM

Memphistopheles

Ringo

Have paused the draw at Round 11 the bye rounds as we are playing through them just need some discussion on how we apply the scoring and rule.

Same rule to be sorted for all three byes

Using Round 11 Players from Adelaide. Richmond, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs, Carlton and Hawthorn,

Option I am thinking off Players from these teams must be named when naming team for Round 11 but there scores will be the score from Round12. Rationale we have emergencies named so should be no different from late outs, Thoughts.

Ringo

Bumping as no comments yet. If no comments assume you are happy with ruling that full teams locked on Friday.

GoLions

So, to make sure I understand this: We're doing the R11 players scores for round 12 (along with R12 players), so we need to name our R11 players before R11 lockout?

I'm fine with that if that's the case.

Ringo

Put simply for Round 11 you will also name players from Adelaide. Richmond, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs, Carlton and Hawthorn by Round 11 lock out but scores will not be known for these players only till round 12. Similar for Rounds 12 and 13.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on November 16, 2014, 02:06:37 PM
Put simply for Round 11 you will also name players from Adelaide. Richmond, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs, Carlton and Hawthorn by Round 11 lock out but scores will not be known for these players only till round 12. Similar for Rounds 12 and 13.

Hmm seems a tad confusing.

I'm in favour of the method we used this year - that worked well in my opinion.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on November 16, 2014, 02:06:37 PM
Oh, not a big fan of that tbh. Would prefer to name the players with the R11 bye when they actually play, and not a week before.

LF

Would rather name the players when they play as well

Ringo

This is what we used last year Memph except that we had North v South for the mid bye week, We were able to use the mid bye round to add 1st and 3rd bye round.  As we are playing through need slight adjustment and just need to decide on when to lockout the bye players,  I am comfortable with full lockout the week before for bye players,

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on November 16, 2014, 02:19:50 PM
This is what we used last year Memph except that we had North v South for the mid bye week, We were able to use the mid bye round to add 1st and 3rd bye round.  As we are playing through need slight adjustment and just need to decide on when to lockout the bye players,  I am comfortable with full lockout the week before for bye players,

Oh okay.

I'd prefer it if we could lock the Round 11 bye players out on Friday that week then the Round 12 ones the Friday the following week.

Just say no loopholes to people (or allow it).

Rusty00

For what it's worth I prefer the same method as used this year.