2014 Review and Rule discussions for 2015.

Started by Ringo, June 24, 2014, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

yeah that sounds good if in the bottom 4 you get a compensation pick unless you have 6 or more wins

i think the wording on that rule is much better now

Ringo

Another Rule change I am thinking of is reducing lists to 40.  36 on Senior List and maintaining rookie list at 4.

To achieve this all clubs will have to delist an extra player this year eg if you want to draft 4 players in the National Draft you will have to delist 5 players,

kilbluff1985

i only have about 3 guys i want to delist on my senior list :'(

and 1 or 2 on my rookie list

LF

Quote from: Ringo on July 21, 2014, 04:50:43 PM
Another Rule change I am thinking of is reducing lists to 40.  36 on Senior List and maintaining rookie list at 4.

To achieve this all clubs will have to delist an extra player this year eg if you want to draft 4 players in the National Draft you will have to delist 5 players,

Sounds good Ringo I think I have about 5 I want to delist or that may retire

kilbluff1985

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 21, 2014, 04:54:24 PM

so if i delist 3 i can draft 2 going by this new rule?

Ringo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 21, 2014, 04:58:33 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 21, 2014, 04:54:24 PM

so if i delist 3 i can draft 2 going by this new rule?
Depends on your trading KB as well as you will get draft picks to fill your list to 36 Senior players in the national Draft and 4 in the Rookie Draft. You do not have to do delist 4 players etc as you can pass in the drafts.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on July 21, 2014, 04:50:43 PM

Sounds good indeed.

Hey I should probably raise this now but I think that in the National Draft you should be able to also pick players not drafted last year by a club?

Does this make sense. So in the National draft with Pick 1 you could technically pick either an AFL National Draft pick or a player left over from last season (Shenton perhaps)?

Then the rookie draft is just for rookies.

Ringo

That is waht is proposed National Draft will be National Draft players, Left over players from last year and players delisted by clubs still on afl lists.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on July 21, 2014, 05:22:21 PM
That is waht is proposed National Draft will be National Draft players, Left over players from last year and players delisted by clubs still on afl lists.

Wicked  :D

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on July 21, 2014, 05:22:21 PM
That works fine.

Ringo

Some more rule changes for discussion.

(a) The sub rule has raised some concerns and we probably need to review.

These are my thoughts on improving/simplifying rule:
There are 4 emergencies named one for each line.  If you do not have an emergency available for each line you may name a player out of position (OOP). Emergencies will take the place of any non playing player on the field and OOP will be at half points.
Once all on field players have been decided by use of emergencies then if the score of the lowest placed on field player on any line is lower than the emergency for that line then the emergency score is taken as score.

(b) Penalties.
Think we all agree that there is an insufficient Penalty for not naming teams.

My thoughts are.
If Teams are not named then the previous weeks team is used but the following penalties will apply.
1st Offence  loss of 50 points
2nd Offence loss of 100 points
3rd Offence loss of 200 points and possible loss of team.
Penalties to be applied at discretion of Administration and dependant on circumstances.
Also if no Captain, Vice Captain or Emergency Vice Captains are named then no bonus points will apply.

Please feel free to express thoughts on both or offer alternatives for discussion.

kilbluff1985

Nige

Punish the coach, not the team.

Three strikes and you're out.

LF

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ringo on August 11, 2014, 03:16:09 PM
Some more rule changes for discussion.

(a) The sub rule has raised some concerns and we probably need to review.

These are my thoughts on improving/simplifying rule:
There are 4 emergencies named one for each line.  If you do not have an emergency available for each line you may name a player out of position (OOP). Emergencies will take the place of any non playing player on the field and OOP will be at half points.
Once all on field players have been decided by use of emergencies then if the score of the lowest placed on field player on any line is lower than the emergency for that line then the emergency score is taken as score.

Please feel free to express thoughts on both or offer alternatives for discussion.

Just a comment on this one is that I see it making the strong stronger and the weak weaker.

In effect we would have 4 Subs? One for each line. Well the good teams do, the guys who have no outs to worry about and some depth.

The weaker teams who have to use an emerg first are then playing catchup with Subs. They will also most likely be playing OOP, so a guy who might have been a good sub gets put in as an OOP player instead.