The hell am I doing...

Started by Bill Manspeaker, June 18, 2014, 02:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

McVeigh, Simpson, Burgoyne, Hibberd, D.Swallow, Suckling  (Cutler, Bews)

Ablett, Rockliff, D.Beams, Pendlebury, Montagna, Swan, J.Selwood, Cotchin  (Shenton, O'Brien)

Jacobs, Sandilands  (Currie, Thurlow)

Parker, Dangerfield, D.Martin, Wingard, T.Walker, S.Martin  (Ambrose, Cameron)

$194,347 remaining

alright so I got a couple things I can do, the main ones I was looking at were; (BE's in brackets)

Montagna -> Barlow(96)
Tex -> Dahlhaus(111)
$18,722

OR

Tex -> Gray(89)
Montagna -> Ebert(86)
$1,235

looking at that, the second option is probably the best option. Dogs play Port this week so Dahlhaus might have a little bit of a downer, and with his BE being 111, I could probably wait a week... but Gray in the same game could tear the Doggies apart.

BUT I can't afford Barlow if I go with Gray, and Barlow is the man I really wanted in this week, and with so little cash left over ($1,235) I'll have to find a way to make about $70-80k next week. which could be easy by going Ambrose to Honeychurch, then Selwood to Barlow... but I'll only have about $70k or so left over for my last upgrade, which will be Stefan to Boomer, but no real way of making up the rest of the cash needed.

right so this was hard to type because so many things are running through my head, so I hope this is read-able.

what should I do fellas? are there any other options I should be looking at this week?

any help is appreciated as always :)

cheers

nas

Does it have to be Honeychurch? if it's for say swing with Shenton what about the guy from Crows Spina $115,200.

Bill Manspeaker

I'm pretty sure I've read a few things about Honeychurch about how he should get a game pretty soon, and it would just help having another guy who is making cash on the bench. the DPP could be very handy as well

I hadn't even seen this Spina bloke. i like his name  ;D  does anyone know his chances of actually playing?

TomK

Quote from: brad on June 18, 2014, 06:40:32 PM
does anyone know his chances of actually playing?
No chance.

nas

Quote from: brad on June 18, 2014, 06:40:32 PM
I'm pretty sure I've read a few things about Honeychurch about how he should get a game pretty soon, and it would just help having another guy who is making cash on the bench. the DPP could be very handy as well

I hadn't even seen this Spina bloke. i like his name  ;D  does anyone know his chances of actually playing?

Basically another Thurlow

Bill Manspeaker

damn... wish Daniel flowerin Markworth would get a game, I'm pretty sure he's bottom price but even if he doesn't play this year, he should be a good option next year. hopefully Honeychurch gets a game because he's looking the winner so far

any other thoughts on the trades fellas?

Mr.Craig

On the weekend Honeychurch had 25 disposals, 10 marks, 3 tackles and 5 goals (142DT).

He is very close.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Mr.Craig on June 18, 2014, 08:01:19 PM
On the weekend Honeychurch had 25 disposals, 10 marks, 3 tackles and 5 goals (142DT).

He is very close.
tasty  8)

Bill Manspeaker

alright I've changed my mind to Barlow and Dahlhaus

Barlow because he's the one I wanted anyway, and Dahlhaus because he has a handy end to the year, except for Sydney in what will be the Prelim final

still a while till teams are announced so if anyone has any ideas, lay em out :)

Bill Manspeaker

alright so I'm having second thoughts about the upgrade of Tex this week. if I could afford Gray, then sure I'd be grabbing him for sure, but it's not possible if I get Barlow.

so...

Montagna -> Barlow
Cameron -> Kersten

leaving me with $191,031

then Ambrose to Honeychurch next week gives me over $330k+. Tex -> Gray next week, then wait it out till I can go Stefan -> Boomer

but it means I'll have Kersten and Honeychurch as my bench...

I figure Kersten will play out the rest of the year. and really, that's all I need. Cats have wanted to give the guy games earlier in the season but injury stopped that (I think anyway) and they'll want as many games in to him as possible to see if he'll be a good forward option in the finals. am I twisting this to make me feel better about getting him?  :-\

please help!

chief007

No chance of him playing all year and I'm a cats man,  especially  when he hasn't  played a game yet

Bill Manspeaker

ah sheet. trades already completed. hopefully gets a few games at least

Bill Manspeaker

McVeigh, Simpson, Burgoyne, Hibberd, D.Swallow, Suckling  (Cutler, Bews)

Ablett, Rockliff, D.Beams, Pendlebury, Barlow, Swan, J.Selwood, Cotchin  (Shenton, O'Brien)

Jacobs, Sandilands  (Currie, Thurlow)

Parker, Dangerfield, D.Martin, Wingard, T.Walker, S.Martin  (Ambrose, Kersten)

$191,031 remaining

okay so I'm happy I got Kersten, and had plans of going Ambrose -> Honeychurch this week, but I figure that can wait a week because; Ambrose will rise in cash again, and Honeychurch won't make much cash at all. so NEXT WEEK (or even the week after.. who knows) I'll go Ambrose -> Honeychurch

so with that said, the trades I thought of this week were:

Tex -> Gray
J.Selwood -> Scott Thompson

I can only trade Jelwood to $517,887 or less mid, and Thompson should rise very nicely this week and probably next week, and should be able to go Thompson -> JPK in the near future

what do you guys think of the plan? is there something else I should be looking at?

cheers 8)

chief007

how about miles is under 350k absolutely killing it and averaging 103, predicted price rise of 36k.

Scott thompson ave of 97 predicted price raise of 14k.

Hope that is of any help to you, if you did end up going miles would leave u with a bit of coin for next week

Bill Manspeaker

yeah Miles was the guy I first thought of, but I would have to wait a bit longer to go Kennedy than I would if I went with Thompson. if that makes sense

looking at it now, if I went with Miles.. then next week (or week after) when I go Ambrose -> HC that will leave me with over 300k, and then could just make it up from there?

dunno.. all depends when I can then upgrade Miles to Kennedy I guess.

let me write this all down cos it's doin me head in... bare with me :P

this week: Tex -> Gray, J.Selwood -> Miles

next week: Ambrose -> HC, Shenton -> Boomer

won't have a lot of cash after that, and cbf crunching numbers atm, but Miles should be well over 400k by then, will just have to find the extra 100k or so to go Miles -> Kennedy

bugger it, reckon you're spot on with Miles.

will leave this here in case anyone else has any other thoughts

don't mind my rambling, and thanks chief 8)