Main Menu

The Downfall of FanFooty

Started by Doogie, March 16, 2010, 08:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie

I've been using this great site now for a few years to research players im interested in putting in my dreamteam, but reading blog after blog its starting to give me the showers.
People starting topics on which players they should have or shouldnt is the main reason for this. The fun of dreamteam (imo) is to build a team of players which you think will do well, make money, improve and beat everyone else. Its good to see peoples opinions on players, but dont build your team based on what everyone says. It seems too many people are..
You shouldnt be asking who you should have in your team if you have no idea, thats why there is a list of players on this site with their previous stats.
Theres nothing wrong with asking for someones opinion but dont get them to pick it for you.
It looks like most people that use this site are going to have the exact same team bar 2 or 3 players...

YoungGun

all the people that do that will simply fall down during the season and be bad in comparison or most likely not start with a great team....

Doogie

Blueboys

hence a lot of teams posted look very much the same, post after post!  ;D

AndyJ

Yaha it does look like people are steering others away from perfectly acceptable unique picks in favor of the cookiecutter clone build. Happens every year.  The game starts when the trades come into play .. Not too many teams will be identical come round 10.  Just relax i guess :P

ps - i'm deliberately taking a different tactic which i'm keepin' to myself .. will definatly make life interesting :)

Doogie

I see your point, but hopefully theres not the same question when it comes to trade time..

Master Q

Doogie, i lead by smart example, have you seen my team posted?

Bomber Rock

which i find amusing that someone will happily point out faults in other peoples teams, yet not show their own!!  i often ask for and read peoples opinion, but come 1700hrs thursday night before kick off, it will be my opinion that dictates my final team!!

Blueboys

Quote from: Master Q on March 16, 2010, 08:37:16 AM
Doogie, i lead by smart example, have you seen my team posted?

No Q ball because you don't want to get a pasting from my feedback!  ;D hahahahaha

Come on Q post it and I'll give you my feedback!  ;) hehehehe

Master Q

Bomber Rock-  ;D But i limit my advice to fanfooty's standard ;)

BlueBoys if i did that everyone would scrap their teams and just copy mine. ;D :(

Blueboys

Q, mate if you saw my team you would shower your self!  ;D hahahaha

B: G. Ablett Swan G. Ablett Swan G. Ablett Swan G. Ablett

Bench: G. Ablett Swan

M: G. Ablett Swan G. Ablett Swan G. Ablett Swan

R: G. Ablett Swan

F: G. Ablett  Swan G. Ablett Swan G. Ablett Swan G. Ablett

I am going with Ablett  as capt but not sure on Vice  ???  ;D

nas

JackBeQuick

Quote from: Doogie on March 16, 2010, 08:07:31 AM
I've been using this great site now for a few years to research players im interested in putting in my dreamteam, but reading blog after blog its starting to give me the showers.
you're not alone, doogie.

valkorum

Go with swanny as your vice.  Just hope that GAJ or Swan dont get injured, then you would be copping 11 donuts :P

Blueboys

Quote from: naste on March 16, 2010, 09:27:14 AM
7.5 > 10.  :-X  ;D

Don't just leave a score with out explaining why it's a 7.5 out of 10! Come on people I am sick of scores with out comment! Really you people are hypocrites! hahahaha

valkorum, mate you didn't look at my bench!  ::) No donuts with that back up bench! lol