unconventional replacements for jobe

Started by scumbag, June 12, 2014, 08:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scumbag

Everyone is going is pretty much trading him to a fyfe or stevie J which is probably the best move, but here are some options that have the potential to average 105-115 for the rest of the year and are all under 500K , but of its fairly high risk. The only reason i would take any of these options is if you are running very low on trades AND still have a few upgrades to make.

Player - Price - BE - why so cheap - last 3 years avg (2011/2012/2013)

High risk

Montagna - 480K - 142 - recent run of poor form - 100/99/114
Swallow - 477K - 90 - coming back from injury - 112/109/101
Swan - 498K - 122 - recent poor form - 113/125/111

Extremely high risk

Zaharakis - 469K - with Watson out can he step up, or does he get more attention
S,Hill - 498K - if you take out his sub affected game he is averaging 102 for the year and 124 edit(for the past 3 rounds).

Also i would rate SJ>sloane>fyfe taking all potential, value and consistancy into account the best replacement.

RaisyDaisy

I think there is merit in bringing up these sort of names, especially if funds are very limited but something you need to also remember is that we had Jobe in our team, a bona fide premo

Reading a lot of threads around here it seems that people are looking to generate cash when trading him out, but I think if you are losing a premo such a Jobe then priority one is getting an equal replacement, not making a few bucks

All these players mentioned have the potential to bounce back, but it's high risk and I think for the most part you will lose points by going with the likes of Swallow, Swan etc

This is all just my opinion, but I think Jobe needs to be traded to a premo of equal or higher ability so the likes of Fyfe, Jack, Ward, Jelwood, JPK, Rocky etc are the guys to look at

Stevie J is the only downgrade option I think is worth it, in terms of making some cash and getting an equal replacement