The Price is Right - Round 13

Started by Jroo, June 11, 2014, 03:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Selecting the right players to trade in, and out of your side is vital. Here, we'll run through the best rookies to bring in, who are important for cash generation, and the rookies to dump. We'll also look at the premiums, which you'll look to upgrade your rookies to.

Money Makers
Jeremy McGovern (FWD) - Price: $123,900 - - Breakeven: -55
Zac O'Brien (MID) - $102,400 - -54
Brodie Murdoch (FWD) - $217,100 - -8
Ben Newton (MID) - $123,900 - -2

If McGovern keeps his spot with Kennedy coming back, then he's someone to consider. O'Brien is a bargain basement option, at just over $100k and will make heaps of cash. Murdoch won't come cheaply, but he should have good JS, while Newton's JS isn't great with lots of key players to come back into Port's side.

Dump
Dom Tyson (MID) - $474,300 - 152
Kade Kolodjashnij (DEF) - $393,900 - 103
Jared Polec (MID) - $411,600 - 101
Jack Billings (MID/FWD) - $269,400 - 99

Tyson has a huge breakeven this week, so look to trade him if you don't think he's a keeper. Kolodjashnij has done his job and it won't cost you much to trade him to a premium defender.

Watchlist
Anthony Miles (MID) - $246,000 - Average: 83
Stefan Martin (RUC/FWD) - $242,700 - Average: 112
Luke Lowden (RUC) - $123,900 - Average: 82
Rory Lobb (RUC) - $117,300 - Average: 57

Get on
Dayne Zorko (MID/FWD) - $408,900 - 4
Callan Ward (MID) - $588,500 - 76
Robbie Gray (MID/FWD) - $569,100 - 92
Steve Johnson (MID) - $516,400 - 133

Zorko is super cheap and has scored over 100 in his last two games. Ward averages a massive 117.6 points this season, if you take out his injury affected score. Gray has also been good and as a forward, he's a must have. Johnson is a bargain at $516k, but he still has a high breakeven, so if you can wait, wait one more week.

Watchlist
Cyril Rioli (FWD) - $476,700 - 169
Kade Simpson (DEF) - $583,900 - 162
Nathan Fyfe (MID) - $557,300 - 149
Ryan Griffen (MID) - $509,000 - 145

Rioli is returning from injury and will be cheap in a couple of weeks. If you don't have Simpson, then you can pick him up when he drops in price. Fyfe and Griffen have been down on form, over the last couple of weeks and are set to drop in price, too.

Who will you be trading in or trading out this week? Is there someone I missed?

http://www.supercoachhq.com/matts-moves/the-price-is-right-round-13

GoLions

FTR Ward actually averages 117.6 without his sub game

I'll be jumping on the Magician this week, and bringing in O'Brien as well

KK has to stay for one more week

Good write up :)

Jroo

Quote from: GoLions16 on June 11, 2014, 03:52:11 PM

Oh shower, you're right. Thanks for that, I got confused and counted his 48 as the injured game, not the 92.
Good trades, I like Zorko and with DPP and at just over $400k, you can't go wrong.
KK has been great, he shouldn't lose too much cash.

GoLions

Quote from: JROO8 on June 11, 2014, 03:57:59 PM
Quote from: GoLions16 on June 11, 2014, 03:52:11 PM

Oh shower, you're right. Thanks for that, I got confused and counted his 48 as the injured game, not the 92.
Good trades, I like Zorko and with DPP and at just over $400k, you can't go wrong.
KK has been great, he shouldn't lose too much cash.
To be fair though to Ward, if he didn't get subbed at HT, he could've been heading for a 150+ score, which would bump up his avg a fair bit

redfield

Great write-up, mate. I anticipate it every week.

If only Watson hadn't copped an injury, I'd be looking to bring in McGovern and O'Brien. Mid coverage is a priority for me atm as I've got both Hartung and Acres on the pine. I think I'll do Hartung -> O'Brien and Watson -> Ward this week.

Jroo

Quote from: redfield on June 11, 2014, 04:45:10 PM
Great write-up, mate. I anticipate it every week.

If only Watson hadn't copped an injury, I'd be looking to bring in McGovern and O'Brien. Mid coverage is a priority for me atm as I've got both Hartung and Acres on the pine. I think I'll do Hartung -> O'Brien and Watson -> Ward this week.
Thanks mate  :)
Those trades sound good, I like Ward he's been fantastic this year.

Jesty

Throw another name into the mix may make a decent M8 if you need money elsewhere.

Stephen Hill. Last 3 round AVG of 124 BE 55 @ 498K. Not a great start to the year and can get tagged out of games tho.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Jesty on June 11, 2014, 06:55:56 PM
Throw another name into the mix may make a decent M8 if you need money elsewhere.

Stephen Hill. Last 3 round AVG of 124 BE 55 @ 498K. Not a great start to the year and can get tagged out of games tho.

Also A.Swallow as a bargain bin pick for M8.

$477,000 is a bargain for a player of his quality.

Jroo

He's been great lately, but he can't handle a tag. He's probably Freo's most damaging player, so he'll get tagged every week.
Quote from: Judd Magic on June 11, 2014, 07:14:05 PM

Also A.Swallow as a bargain bin pick for M8.

$477,000 is a bargain for a player of his quality.
I don't mind Swallow, but I think there's better options out there if you have a little more cash.

MatthewDoubrava

wait, so Wards game of 92 was his sub game? oh yeah, i do remember that, what about his 48 game? what was that? he just played poorly?

now im thinking instead of beams, take ward because he is a POD!?

Big Mac

Quote from: MatthewDoubrava on June 11, 2014, 07:42:50 PM
wait, so Wards game of 92 was his sub game? oh yeah, i do remember that, what about his 48 game? what was that? he just played poorly?

Tagged by Wallis - Take Beams mate

ubeaut

SJ is so tempting at the price but 2 things worry me.

1. Playing Carlton and Freo again.
2. He isn't really in great form.

On the flip side he has a great draw apart from those 2 games. And he is a good player. Can he keep away from the tribunal and get back to huge numbers?

Jroo

Quote from: MatthewDoubrava on June 11, 2014, 07:42:50 PM

Yep.
As Big Mac said, he was destroyed by Wallis, but that's the only game his scored under 100 (if you don't include his 92 when he was subbed in the second quarter).

Jroo

Quote from: ubeaut on June 11, 2014, 07:49:42 PM
SJ is so tempting at the price but 2 things worry me.

1. Playing Carlton and Freo again.
2. He isn't really in great form.

On the flip side he has a great draw apart from those 2 games. And he is a good player. Can he keep away from the tribunal and get back to huge numbers?
I think he can get back to some form, the Cats have been down recently, but they're a champion team and the likes of Jelwood, Stevie and Jimmy should all rise. So I wouldn't worry about his form, I think he should come good.