Harvey and gray are must have's discussion?

Started by mark44, June 11, 2014, 08:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark44

I'm yet to trade in either myself and would love to still get both

Both very pricey, I consider gray better option for his consistency

My forwards are
Danger , Parker, Martin, Zorko, Higgins, fasolo

I would love it to read
Danger, Parker, Martin, Zorko, gray, Harvey

But now with Watson going down i May have to trade in

Watson to liberatore
Fasolo to wingard

Then Higgins to gray and miss the Harvey train

Is wingard good value at F6 ?

Still the option of going Watson to Stevie Johnson but he just gives me a massively bad gut feeling

Cheers

AlexIsOnFire

I'm in the same situation as you.

Have Higgins and Fasolo that need to be traded ASAP due to High BE's.

I also have Tyson that I need to offload.

Am thinking of bringing in Wingard this week, but against the Swans in SYD is a big task for Wingard. He has the potential to go missing and hasn't been allowed to move up the ground as much this year to get his own ball.

He can go big when he kicks a bag, but i doubt he'll kick a bag against the Swans, so I'd pass!!

mark44

Yeah mate, wingard is a massive risk and still not sure on it

I'm really struggling to find an option other then gray and Harvey

Roughy good for 180 one week then 50 the next and 50 the next lol

Franklin maybe

trezlek

Have been waiting for gray to have a bad game..... With jobe goin down, I'm taking the punt
Watson to Stevie
Higgins to gray

Gray being the only player all year I've had to pay top $$$ for.
Think I can live with that.

Low on trades and leaves no money in bank..... Bit scary

ubeaut

Trying to get Gray ASAP. Can't afford Boomer as well, can't fit him in and more likely to have heavy tag affected games.

Hoping Gray has a slightly down week vs Swans in Sydney.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: ubeaut on June 11, 2014, 10:16:10 AM
Trying to get Gray ASAP. Can't afford Boomer as well, can't fit him in and more likely to have heavy tag affected games.

Hoping Gray has a slightly down week vs Swans in Sydney.

BE is 91, he needs a super down week...

GoLions

I'd love to bring one of them in as my F6 this week, but there's no way I can justify spending 160-170k extra and take them over Zorko, when it's only a 9ppg difference

Might trade Roughy for one of them during finals as a luxury trade if I can

GCSkiwi

Quote from: GoLions16 on June 11, 2014, 10:47:27 AM
I'd love to bring one of them in as my F6 this week, but there's no way I can justify spending 160-170k extra and take them over Zorko, when it's only a 9ppg difference

Might trade Roughy for one of them during finals as a luxury trade if I can

Haha this is exactly what I'm thinking of doing, Fasolo to Zorko then later on Roughy to Gray/Boomer if I have the trades...

RaisyDaisy

Looking at possibly bringing in Gray this week to complete my fwds

Boomer has a massive ceiling, but can go low at times. Gray just seems more consistent so he is my choice

FonFatty

Gray is a must have, not so sure on Harvey, his age really worries me, I have watched him and yes he is a freak, running around like a 20 year old, but surely the longer the season goes on it has to catch up with him. Wont necessarily stop him from playing, but I think his scores would be on the decline.
Although my comments could bite me on the ass and he could end up being the highest scoring fwd.
I have the coin to pick him up, but like GL16 posted above, is the $170k worth the 9 ppg extra that you would get for picking up Zorko?

mark44

Yeah I agree fonfatty but what if you have Zorko

What cheaper options are there, not many?

The forwards are really annoying this year, only really 3 to 4 standouts

Danger, Parker, gray, Harvey
Then
Martin, pav, buddy, rough, Zorko, dahlaus, Hawkin, wingard, mcglynn,
Then
Reiwolts, Petrie, walker, cloke, Shultz,

FonFatty

Quote from: mark44 on June 11, 2014, 11:36:30 AM

Then
Then
The best cheap fwd option IMO is Wingard, take out his concussion effected game ( I think he was not right htat day in general ) and he is averaging 89. Now you could say he hasn't set the world on fire so far, for someone that has scope for improvement, I would take the 89 average thus far this year any day of the week.
I think with Port's progression as a team he will finish the season strongly averaging 95-100 points.
Don't forget he was one of the highest priced premiums at start of the season, surely he will repay the faith in those that started him and for those that invest in him now.

Deadly6

Quote from: FonFatty on June 11, 2014, 11:44:10 AM

Then
Then

It will be interesting to see how relevant this is by the end of the season as no doubt there will be movement up and down this tree. I'm predicting the top 4 guys to come back to the pack a bit.

mark44

Really considering

Higgins for gray
Fasolo for wingard

Very tempting

Pokerface

Quote from: FonFatty on June 11, 2014, 11:44:10 AM

Then
Then
The best cheap fwd option IMO is Wingard, take out his concussion effected game ( I think he was not right htat day in general ) and he is averaging 89. Now you could say he hasn't set the world on fire so far, for someone that has scope for improvement, I would take the 89 average thus far this year any day of the week.
I think with Port's progression as a team he will finish the season strongly averaging 95-100 points.
Don't forget he was one of the highest priced premiums at start of the season, surely he will repay the faith in those that started him and for those that invest in him now.
That was due to last season's average. His role has changed. Gray has taken his old role. Remember reading a Fantasy Freako tweet that had something like 50% of game time was forward last year but close to 90% of it is forward this year.