Fyfe v Jack?

Started by _wato, June 09, 2014, 09:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

Can't split the two. Both have massive pros and cons and I'm struggling.

Jack is in rich form and won't miss a game from here until the finals unless injured. 6-7 scores over 110 in a row, and his draw opens up a little. Lots of Swans taking points but I don't think it'll effect him. Can get low possessions and still strike good tons (110+). Also very very consistent and can bob up and kick goals. Is $587k, averaging 110 and just under 116 taking out his first game getting into it against Macaffer. Owned in 3% of teams.

Fyfe is a very good player, and does everything. Good numbers all year apart from the last few weeks, and in a good team with an extremely good draw. However, Ross scares me eith his coaching, and Fyfe seems to be carrying a niggle. His shoulders are cause for concern and his DE sometimes is atrocious. However he gets lots of points for seemingly small things and kicks important goals from the middle. One of a kind player, who can curb the tag quite effectively. $557k averaging a tick over 113. Owned in 15% of teams.

Will add to - Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, Selwood, Libba, SJ, Barlow

Comments/Poll/Opinions please

H1bb3i2d

Jack was a very very good pick last year all the way up until the last maybe 4-6 weeks, started getting tagged and his output went way down. So long as the same doesn't happen then he's good for a 115 average, and thinking it shouldnt with guys like Hannebury and JPK around him - it's actually scary that they're still all young and improving!!

bwsh

Odd why noones considering Jack. Deadset gun

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: bwsh on June 09, 2014, 10:03:10 PM
Odd why noones considering Jack. Deadset gun

At the start of the year it was more of a wait and see if the end of last year was an anomally or he would continue to get tagged I think. Then his poor first few weeks put him off as an upgrade target, but that was only a form thing - like the while team basically. Now? It's almost like people have forgotten what a gun he is!!

MLS

I picked Jack after his bye last year and he was great for me.

However I chose Fyfe in this poll for few reasons;

The Swans midfield is deep which means the points can get shared around among 5-6 high quality players.

Jack can be tagged out of games

Freo's run is good over the next 6+ weeks

If Fyfe does get tagged he can go forward and take contested marks and kick goals

Vinny

I love Jack but Fyfe is such a gun too.

Fyfe for me.

bwsh

Fyfe will get rested though. At a crucial time.

_wato

All very good opinions. I'm sold on Jack atm.
@MLS, doesn't the fact that Ross Lyon could rest a heap of his stars as they should motor through the next few weeks, plus he looks to be running hindered and in my mind, will 99% be rested before the end of the year factor for you?

And the fact that JPK is averaging 125, Hannebury 107, Parker 103, Mcveigh 105 and Jack is still pumping out 110+'s? As I said, 7 weeks in a row against quality opposition he's pumped it out. Won't get tagged with Hanners in this rich rein of form and JPK going about his work too. Let's remember, Sydney are a much better team than last year.

MLS

Quote from: _wato on June 09, 2014, 10:37:16 PM
All very good opinions. I'm sold on Jack atm.
@MLS, doesn't the fact that Ross Lyon could rest a heap of his stars as they should motor through the next few weeks, plus he looks to be running hindered and in my mind, will 99% be rested before the end of the year factor for you?

And the fact that JPK is averaging 125, Hannebury 107, Parker 103, Mcveigh 105 and Jack is still pumping out 110+'s? As I said, 7 weeks in a row against quality opposition he's pumped it out. Won't get tagged with Hanners in this rich rein of form and JPK going about his work too. Let's remember, Sydney are a much better team than last year.

Good points. Nothing worse than the general.

I was happy with Jack last year when everyone else went JPK so go with your gut

GoLions

Freo probably won't be in a position to rest players this season like they did last year. Hawks, Swans, freo will all be fighting for a top 2 spot IMO and % could be very very important. Port should be right on their tail as well so they can't afford to drop any games that they are expected to win.

Fyfe for me

Big Mac

Would love to get both but Fyfe comes first for me. Great draw and a great player.

_wato

Can't afford to rest Fyfe even though they're playing Bris, WCE, Melbourne, GWS, St Kilda, Carlton over a 6 week block?

Surely you're kidding right? They have the depth to beat those teams without Fyfe. Blokes like Sylvia can't crack a gig in this team, it'd be a great opportunity for him and others.

Read somewhere that Fyfe was on crutches all this week and didn't take part in any training yet played. I believe he's down on match fitness at the moment and for him to be on crutches all week is concerning. I think his mid time will be on the decline each game until he gets the general. Ross knows what he's doing.

GoLions

I don't think people are worried about the matches leading up until SC finals.

Round 20 they play Geelong
Round 21 they play Hawks
Round 22 Lions at Gabba
Round 23 Port

I'd bet he plays all 4 of those games

_wato

Im thinking about overall points, that's all. Playing a rookie instead of Fyfe vs Jack all year is a considerable difference.
Could be the difference between a win and a loss in a league match and at the moment I'm sitting mid range in a few, and need to keep winning to manage top four. Sitting in the 200's overall also.

I 100% expect him to play three of those, but I'm worried about the flight to Brisbane especially in the prelims of finals. Dunno if he'd make that trip if he has any soreness especially with AFL finals only a fortnight after? 

GoLions

IF Fyfe gets rested for 1 game, let's say you lose 50 points playing a rookie. I'd expect Fyfe to avg at least 5ppg more than Jack, and with 11 games left, that's a 55 point gain (or more), meaning you come out at least 5 points on top.