Main Menu

Higgins?

Started by Griffo1982, June 07, 2014, 09:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billnats

Might keep him whilst Watson is out.
Watson for Zorko.... Higgins to Watson in a month's time.

Capper

queue missy hiigins scar song

ubeaut

Quote from: Bully on June 08, 2014, 12:41:01 AM
Quote from: crowls on June 08, 2014, 12:36:17 AM
Quote from: Bully on June 08, 2014, 12:11:20 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 08, 2014, 12:07:11 AM
Quote from: Bully on June 08, 2014, 12:03:15 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 07, 2014, 11:59:38 PM
5 clangers destroyed him. He'll be fine

It's now 4 tons versus 5 scores under 70, certainly not reliable enough to be considered a keeper.
Roughead is 4 tons and 4 under 71 as well. He's playing a SC friendly role of HB. He's fine at F6

Roughy can also score 180, Higgins is like Suckling, a mid pricer who should be cut loose once they max out their price. The Doggies draw doesn't get much easier from here, time to bring in Gray, Boomer or Parker.

All fine in theory guys, where do you get the money from for the upgrades.       I got lennon, cameron, shenton to deal with before higgo.  If he is injured I am going dixon for ruck coverage as well.

I used Higgins in a straight swap for Shenton, gave me 280k to play with. Shenton's output has been nearly identical to that of Higgins, he also has the added bonus of DPP. The smartest thing I have done this year.
Great move - but how is it a "straight swap" when u essentially downgraded and made 280K?? :D

Bully

Quote from: ubeaut on June 08, 2014, 12:50:42 PM
Quote from: Bully on June 08, 2014, 12:41:01 AM
Quote from: crowls on June 08, 2014, 12:36:17 AM
Quote from: Bully on June 08, 2014, 12:11:20 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 08, 2014, 12:07:11 AM
Quote from: Bully on June 08, 2014, 12:03:15 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 07, 2014, 11:59:38 PM
5 clangers destroyed him. He'll be fine

It's now 4 tons versus 5 scores under 70, certainly not reliable enough to be considered a keeper.
Roughead is 4 tons and 4 under 71 as well. He's playing a SC friendly role of HB. He's fine at F6

Roughy can also score 180, Higgins is like Suckling, a mid pricer who should be cut loose once they max out their price. The Doggies draw doesn't get much easier from here, time to bring in Gray, Boomer or Parker.

All fine in theory guys, where do you get the money from for the upgrades.       I got lennon, cameron, shenton to deal with before higgo.  If he is injured I am going dixon for ruck coverage as well.

I used Higgins in a straight swap for Shenton, gave me 280k to play with. Shenton's output has been nearly identical to that of Higgins, he also has the added bonus of DPP. The smartest thing I have done this year.
Great move - but how is it a "straight swap" when u essentially downgraded and made 280K?? :D

Was looking at it from a purely points perspective, had Higgins at F6 but sensed he had maxed out. Shenton has delivered a 100 & 65, Higgins a 104 & 59. Definitely a win.

H1bb3i2d

Was planning to go Higgins to SJ this week, its pretty much set in stone now!

bottlemart

Quote from: Bully on June 08, 2014, 12:04:54 PM
Quote from: frogjumper on June 08, 2014, 11:59:31 AM
Rumours are either bruised or broken ribs.

Was as inevitable as SJ being suspended & Mummy getting injured unfortunately. It wasn't his fault of course but Missy always finds a new way to get injured.
Correct Bully.  I could not have said it better myself.  Also inevitable is when Cyril injures his hamstring.

Some players are durable and you can count on them for 22 games.  Missy, along with Mummy and Cyril are the opposite.  Good scorers when they are playing, but its always a matter of not if they get injured.  Just a matter of when.

tommy10

Will wait for teams to be out for next week & if Missy is out, then will upgrade him to Boomer/Gray.

Babyjesus

Any news on his injury?

no eye deer

Read on a different thread on here that he's good to go this week. About eight threads down ???

Jackross10

Thanks Higgo, you have down great for me but welcome Parker :)

FonFatty

I am thinking of keeping him on the pine for the rest of the season, with trades running low I need good cover for fwd line. I can also loophole him when it permits.
I have Langdon as cover in def and mid and am thinking Higgins up fwd.
Yes it is a lot of coin on the pine but there will be carnage and rest assured these blokes will come in very handy, especially in my case where I am going for overall. Rather have their 80ish scores compared to Lennons and Bews 20s

vtaced

might bring in wingard for him in a week or two

Perthwildcat

EVERY year people get him.

EVERY year people who have him complain.

SO don't get him.

Burnt me one year, never again.

colmullet

Quote from: Perthwildcat on June 11, 2014, 12:24:56 PM

SO don't get him.

He's been a great pick this year, noone with him is complaining, pay 250K for a guy averaging 80+....yes thankyou!

Ricochet

Quote from: Perthwildcat on June 11, 2014, 12:24:56 PM

SO don't get him.

How has he been a bad pick this year??
Averaging 85, made 200k and played every game