WXV Vacant Coaching Position: New York Revolution

Started by ossie85, June 07, 2014, 08:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Justin Bieber

nrich102

Been away for the last couple of days, so haven't had the chance to apply yet.

Best XV
D: Gibson, McKenzie, Kolodjashnij, McDonald
M: Liberatore, Treloar, Stokes, Macrae
R: Nicholls
F: Cloke, Black, Menzel, Kommer
I: Bennell, Christensen

I really really like this team (despite its lack of Lions players  :-X), in a couple of years, the team will be premiership contenders, with K-Kolo, Mcdonald, Nicholls, Black, Treloar, Liberatore, Mckenzie and Bennell all quite young and should be awesome options in a few years. Then there are the more senior guys in Gibson, Cloke, Stokes and even Pyke, who I don't have in my best xv, as I like Nicholls more.

At the the end of the season, in the trade and draft periods, I would try to get another premium forward, and two more depth forwards (anyone getting consistent games). I'd look to trade out a couple of the midfielders to get the forwards. I'd also look to have a big year in the draft, but with the points cap thing, that may not be able to happen  :-X.

I have been involved in the xv's competitions since the start of 2013, when I joined up with Ringo at the Breakers (BXV) and I quickly was elevated up to co-coach. I am also involved at the Folders (AXV) and the 'Dillos in this competition. I have always wanted to join up to Worlds, which I think is the height of coaching a fantasy team on this website. I have tried out to be the coach of the Pacific Islanders, Beijing Bears (now Thunder), New Delhi Tigers and the Mexico City Suns in the last 18 months. All of which I have been unsuccessful :P. So yeah, I would love to be a World XV coach and I think I can really help this team become a premiership contender in a few years.

AFEV

The esteemed Phasir will be joining me as a co-coach for the run at the New York position.
:)

Phasir

Quote from: Sid on June 09, 2014, 11:05:50 PM
The esteemed Phasir will be joining me as a co-coach for the run at the New York position.
This is confirmed  ;D

Nige

Quote from: Phasir on June 09, 2014, 11:07:21 PM
Quote from: Sid on June 09, 2014, 11:05:50 PM
This is confirmed  ;D
:o

kilbluff1985

DazBurg

Nige

DazBurg

Quote from: NigeyS on June 12, 2014, 06:41:52 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on June 12, 2014, 06:30:25 PM
the suspense is killing me
I'm nervous, and I'm not even a candidate.  :o
yeah me too
got home from work and was YEAH i'm going to check the results
and damn obviously not all coaches voted  :(

AFEV

Wouldn't hold your breathe fellas.
I suspect the reason os wanted the applicants to all post teams was so that if the vote was decided mid-round there will be a team the elected coach chose - Which means it might be a few days yet. :)

Justin Bieber

Maybe PNL haven't voted because we're playing the Revolution this week :o.

I'll vote now as still torn on who to vote for.... Doesn't help that I have an exam tomorrow :P.

Nige

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 12, 2014, 10:06:10 PM
Maybe PNL haven't voted because we're playing the Revolution this week :o.

I'll vote now as still torn on who to vote for.... Doesn't help that I have an exam tomorrow :P.
If you looked at the PM'd, you'd know you'd have to rate them.  ;)

Give them all an equal rating.  :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: Sid on June 12, 2014, 08:58:47 PM
Wouldn't hold your breathe fellas.
I suspect the reason os wanted the applicants to all post teams was so that if the vote was decided mid-round there will be a team the elected coach chose - Which means it might be a few days yet. :)
Voting closes at lockout, so will find out tomorrow night if os is around :)

RaisyDaisy

I know I am late to this, but I just finally got around to looking into this XV comp after several coaches had invited me to join (Holz, LF and Ringo)

Anyway, if I am too late than so be it, hopefully another opportunity will come up in the future :)

As I was reading through this thread I saw AK applied and my first thought was that AK and I could be co-coaches, both being relatively new around here and joining FF at similar times, plus we regularly engage and discuss SC in the SC boards and I feel like we are on the same page and could work well together, but then as I continued to read this thread I saw that Sid and Rich also applied so that kind of throws that idea out of the window unfortunately :(

In terms of who I am, you can check out my interview with Nas, and even though I am too late to apply I might as well throw out a Hail Mary application and see what you guys think

New York's best team is as AK stated, but I would field Treloar over Macrae (Just swap them)

Def: Dempsey, Gibson, McKenzie, Kolodjashnij
Mid: Liberatore, Stokes, Treloar, Bennell
Ruck: Pyke
Fwd: Cloke, Black, Kommer, Siposs
Bench: Christensen, Macrae

All in all, it's a pretty poor team that needs a lot of work, but like the other applicants I would be up for the challenge :)

(Maybe because AK and I are totally new to XV we might get a chance to do this :) )