WXV Vacant Coaching Position: New York Revolution

Started by ossie85, June 07, 2014, 08:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 08, 2014, 02:57:21 PM
Quote from: BB67th on June 08, 2014, 02:26:44 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on June 07, 2014, 10:27:33 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 07, 2014, 10:21:49 PM
Jeez, this is a Worlds position.. thought there'd be heaps of applicants by now!
I'm really surprised at the lack of applications for any of the jobs. Three open jobs (maybe 4) and not one applicant.  ???
There really hasn't been any new coaches coming into the competitions even as assistants this year.

Maybe there should be a small bit of advertising for it on the SC and AF board which get a lot of traffic to let people know that it exists?

I had a info session thread posted in those boards but they were removed
Yeah, I remember that. It was good. It's a shame that we can't actually advertise in the P&T boards without getting it removed.

DazBurg

maybe if i was bribed like say a extra1or 2 first round draft picks :P...LOL

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: DazBurg on June 08, 2014, 03:15:18 PM

Deal! You can have my first round pick for Libba or Macrae ;)

DazBurg

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 08, 2014, 03:18:12 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on June 08, 2014, 03:15:18 PM

Deal! You can have my first round pick for Libba or Macrae ;)
LOL
no deal

kilbluff1985

Quote from: NigeyS on June 08, 2014, 03:06:30 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 08, 2014, 02:57:21 PM
Quote from: BB67th on June 08, 2014, 02:26:44 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on June 07, 2014, 10:27:33 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 07, 2014, 10:21:49 PM
Jeez, this is a Worlds position.. thought there'd be heaps of applicants by now!
I'm really surprised at the lack of applications for any of the jobs. Three open jobs (maybe 4) and not one applicant.  ???
There really hasn't been any new coaches coming into the competitions even as assistants this year.

Maybe there should be a small bit of advertising for it on the SC and AF board which get a lot of traffic to let people know that it exists?

I had a info session thread posted in those boards but they were removed
Yeah, I remember that. It was good. It's a shame that we can't actually advertise in the P&T boards without getting it removed.

I think m0nty moved it when he was cleaning I doubt any of the mods would have we could prob post it again whilst m0nty is AWOL

AaronKirk

OK... I'll put my hand up.

So my name is Aaron, I'm 23 and currently work as a Tax Accountant. I am a fanatical Essendon supporter and a general sporting tragic.

I exclusively play Supercoach and have been doing to for the last 5 years. This may change next season. I try to watch every game each week and like the analytical/statistical part of the game (the main reason I like SC, as it better reflects the influence that players have on the game).

IMO this would be the current best XV for New York Revolution

Def: Dempsey, Gibson, McKenzie, Kolodjashnij
Mid: Liberatore, Stokes, Macrae, Bennell
Ruck: Pyke
Fwd: Cloke, Black, Kommer, Siposs
Bench: Christensen, Treloar

Obviously New York's major weakness is its forward line, so the major way to improve this side is to be aggressive at the trade table and attempt to lure one or two decent forward players.

To do this New York would have to offer up a midfielder that is not in the best 4 and top draft picks.

Another Ruck to cover for Pyke would also be handy and a running defensive player to help top up the defensive stocks.

Justin Bieber

Hey Ossie/Applicants (Thus far AK47), forgot to include 2 utilities/benchies :). Can be of any positions so pretty much the best players left to choose from for them!

AaronKirk

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 08, 2014, 09:08:00 PM
Hey Ossie/Applicants (Thus far AK47), forgot to include 2 utilities/benchies :). Can be of any positions so pretty much the best players left to choose from for them!
Updated  :)

Nige

kilbluff1985

CrowsFan

Quote from: DazBurg on June 07, 2014, 12:26:27 PM
seriously tempted to finally coach a Wxv's team

but alas i cannot bring myself to leave the beloved reindeers
it's my home :D
I think you're just too scared to run a team yourself. When running a team you have no one to blame if you lose, but at the moment as an assistant none of the heat falls on you with poor results :P

ossie85

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 08, 2014, 09:08:00 PM

My bad, thanks HP sorry AK!

Great application, one of the best so far....

DazBurg

Quote from: Honey Badger on June 08, 2014, 10:44:12 PM

I think you're just too scared to run a team yourself. When running a team you have no one to blame if you lose, but at the moment as an assistant none of the heat falls on you with poor results :P
LIES! all lies and you know it

in fact i'm sure there is a few coaches who dread the thought of stingy trading Daz getting his own side:P

CrowsFan

Quote from: DazBurg on June 09, 2014, 08:37:27 AM

in fact i'm sure there is a few coaches who dread the thought of stingy trading Daz getting his own side:P
Well you couldn't be too stingy since you would need to fix up the side with some trades. Anyway it would mean I may find it easier getting players from PNL ;)

DazBurg

Quote from: Honey Badger on June 09, 2014, 09:45:15 AM
Quote from: DazBurg on June 09, 2014, 08:37:27 AM

Well you couldn't be too stingy since you would need to fix up the side with some trades. Anyway it would mean I may find it easier getting players from PNL ;)
LOL
ahhh there is the point
knew it had something to do with my stingy trading...lol

so now i have more of a reason to stay at PNL :P...lol