Teams for Round 1

Started by jeesh, March 15, 2010, 03:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeesh

What is the best site to find the teams for round 1? I haven't used this site in past seasons, do the teams get posted on here?. I see Monty puts up his projections which are helpful but I wanna make sure I get the final teams this year before the lockout. If my memory serves me right, last year I looked on afl.com.au and they only had the Thursday night game teams up before the lockout.

Prospector_1

Hun website (Superfooty?) does a live list most weeks from about 4.30 Thursday, and updates Friday from about 4.30 - 6.00 to clear the doubt on the extended bench.

HevvieEvvie

Supercoach this year will do a 2 stage lockout for round 1. If you have anyone who plays on the Thursday match they will be locked out but you will still be able to edit the rest of your team untill Friday.

afl.com.au will will post the 1st team on Thursday avo and the rest on Friday avo, which will give you enough time to do your changes.

Resch

I find it best to look at both the Hun site and AFL site.  They seem to post different teams at different times.

jimmytigs

Quote from: HevvieEvvie on March 15, 2010, 03:47:39 PM
Supercoach this year will do a 2 stage lockout for round 1. If you have anyone who plays on the Thursday match they will be locked out but you will still be able to edit the rest of your team untill Friday.

afl.com.au will will post the 1st team on Thursday avo and the rest on Friday avo, which will give you enough time to do your changes.

ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh
btw to the op you have little or no hope of getting on the supercoach or dreamteam sites between 5pm & lockout time on the first thursday night.

Alex7089

Yeah boys beware of that, I got screwed over last year, Ablett was VC instead of C for the first round when I went to go and make him captain.

ossie85

Should be much better this year. just make sure you have your Carlton and Richmond boys selected.

Round 2 should have patrial lock out aswell IMO

m0nty

I'll be posting teams on the FF blog as soon as I find them on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

ossie85

No offence m0nty, but that is far from instant in a tense, pre-lockout rush.

Alex7089

At least he gets them up though ossie. I'll be following the herald sun site and will have my trade page open and ready to go. Checking if my rookies are playing first, then injury concerns.

ossie85

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort!

I don't know if it is worth the huge amount of work m0nty puts into it though. It would take ages to link everyone up.

Blueboys

Doesn't DT and SC email you the team selections a day before the game? Think I got these emails last year on a Wednesday...

ossie85

Quote from: Blueboys on March 16, 2010, 06:00:48 AM
Doesn't DT and SC email you the team selections a day before the game? Think I got these emails last year on a Wednesday...

Nah, they'd send them on the Thursday night/Friday morning. Maybe Wednesday for the rounds starting Thursday. Can you imagine telling Mick Malthouse he had to select his team by Wednesday to appease fantasy coaches? He'd quit on the spot.

Blueboys

Can you imagine telling Mick Malthouse he had to select his team by Wednesday to appease fantasy coaches? He'd quit on the spot.
[/quote]

That would be good for buck's ???  ;D

Out of all the coach's I would love Mick to coach one of my son's games!
They would showerz them self! hahahahaha

zan5hin

So has anyone figured out if you are allowed to change your Captain/VC after the Thursday lockout?