The riddle that is Steve Johnson

Started by ronl, June 04, 2014, 07:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottieD

Quote from: Bully on June 09, 2014, 10:53:35 PM
Quote from: ScottieD on June 09, 2014, 10:11:45 PM
Quote from: Bully on June 04, 2014, 11:12:36 PM
Quote from: ScottieD on June 04, 2014, 11:02:20 PM
Not true, he is expected to drop the next 2 weeks.  BE 193 this week and if he scores his projected scored, 130 the next.  Projected to drop to 505k.  Basically he will be ripe for the picking next week or the week after.

Tis true, a score of 120 will see him hit 531k, another score of 120 will see him hit 537k, the week after a score of 120 will see him hit 553k. Check TooSerious if you want confirmation.

Opponents are Carlton, St Kilda & GC, if I was a betting man I'd say a 120 average is well within his capabilities. In fact, he may even go higher given his propensity to smash weak opposition.

Bump.  Tisn't true.

Wouldn't speak too soon BE of 133 against the Saints, he hasn't hit 505k and I doubt he will.

Haha, my point was made after you stated the ship would have sailed if you didn't pick him this week.  I said that he would be ripe for the picking this week or the week after.  I didn't state that he would drop to 505k - i stated his projected scores would drop him to 505k and that is fact no matter what he goes on to score.  In fact I am picking him up myself this week (and always planned to) - so I have fingers crossed he smashes his projected score this time!

Bully

Quote from: ScottieD on June 10, 2014, 09:23:40 PM
Quote from: Bully on June 09, 2014, 10:53:35 PM
Quote from: ScottieD on June 09, 2014, 10:11:45 PM
Quote from: Bully on June 04, 2014, 11:12:36 PM
Quote from: ScottieD on June 04, 2014, 11:02:20 PM
Not true, he is expected to drop the next 2 weeks.  BE 193 this week and if he scores his projected scored, 130 the next.  Projected to drop to 505k.  Basically he will be ripe for the picking next week or the week after.

Tis true, a score of 120 will see him hit 531k, another score of 120 will see him hit 537k, the week after a score of 120 will see him hit 553k. Check TooSerious if you want confirmation.

Opponents are Carlton, St Kilda & GC, if I was a betting man I'd say a 120 average is well within his capabilities. In fact, he may even go higher given his propensity to smash weak opposition.

Bump.  Tisn't true.

Wouldn't speak too soon BE of 133 against the Saints, he hasn't hit 505k and I doubt he will.

Haha, my point was made after you stated the ship would have sailed if you didn't pick him this week.  I said that he would be ripe for the picking this week or the week after.  I didn't state that he would drop to 505k - i stated his projected scores would drop him to 505k and that is fact no matter what he goes on to score.  In fact I am picking him up myself this week (and always planned to) - so I have fingers crossed he smashes his projected score this time!

Will pick him up too, along with Fyfe. Midfield set apart from Cotchin, although with so few trades left I may have to hold until he at least puts on 30-40k (if that time ever comes).

ScottieD

I'm in the same boat.  Picked up Cotchin after his bye and have been disappointed ever since.  Can't quite bring myself to use a trade on him though, as it doesn't really improve my team.  I think i'll keep him until I can justify a luxury trade for finals.

_wato

I'm torn.. Had Cotchin all year and the last 6 weeks have been terrible, but can we see improvement? Copping a lot of heat from everyone, he's the leader of a club in strife,and  I'm expecting him to absolutely dominate a game soon. He's still a very very good player, you don't lose that ability.. It will happen soon, but being ranked top 250 is it time to let go or wait for it to occur? I would trade him to Fyfe if so. Knowing me, he'll start scoring well as soon as I let go too.

Any help? Been waiting to get rid of him, but now having second thoughts. Playing injured too??

Bully

I'm holding Cotch for now, whilst he's been well below his best he's still averaging a tick under 100. If he can somehow manage to pull out a 130 sometime in the future then all won't be lost. He's also has a very strong record against the Dockers, a big score is possible but he will need to lift his game. Seems to be playing without passion at the moment but he is captain and it will cut him up to be playing like such a passenger.

In short, if your team is complete then bring in a super premo, if not then hold and wait until he strings some solid matches together. At some point this will happen, I don't expect him to average 115 but I do expect him to ton up from time to time.

Bully

Don't see an issue in getting Fyfe for Cotch, he was averaging 120 prior to his 76 and Freo have a soft draw. The only thing that would hold be back is Fyfe's large BE, but Cotch also has a big task to stop the bleeding so maybe just pull the plug now.