The riddle that is Steve Johnson

Started by ronl, June 04, 2014, 07:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Yep, 85 being tagged like that. Tyson to SJ will cost 20k LOL I'm jumping on!

MatthewDoubrava

yeah he didnt play very well, and still scored 85.

was on 44 aat 3QT and had 41 last Q, just proves how much of a beast he is. lets hope he gets back to that 115+ average from here on in with the nedxt few games not a tough assignment for the cats

Frozensage

seriously watching those kicks he does which doesn't come off really kills brain!

H1bb3i2d

The perfect score really. Low enough to fall plenty in price, not low enough to scare me off, and BE just enough so I can bring him in and not tempt me to miss out on a big score next week hoping he falls even further!!

(Although my opponent has him, so a 40 wouldnt have gone astray :( )

ubeaut

I opted for Barlow over Selwood - which looked like a great move until he kicks a goal right at the end >:( He only had 6 touches in the whole second half FFS!

Anyway that's bad luck - now I have to choose between Selwood and SJ to finish my mids next round. Even though SJ will be cheaper I feel Selwood is a safer option.

Who would u choose?

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: ubeaut on June 07, 2014, 10:16:05 AM
I opted for Barlow over Selwood - which looked like a great move until he kicks a goal right at the end >:( He only had 6 touches in the whole second half FFS!

Anyway that's bad luck - now I have to choose between Selwood and SJ to finish my mids next round. Even though SJ will be cheaper I feel Selwood is a safer option.

Who would u choose?

Gibbs?

Bully

Stoked that SJ is 516k, having Hallahan out was starting to derail my plans but that has been fixed. Full premo side as of next week. Will be looking to also bring in either Wingard or Grimes as bench warmers.

ScottieD

Quote from: Bully on June 04, 2014, 11:12:36 PM
Quote from: ScottieD on June 04, 2014, 11:02:20 PM
Not true, he is expected to drop the next 2 weeks.  BE 193 this week and if he scores his projected scored, 130 the next.  Projected to drop to 505k.  Basically he will be ripe for the picking next week or the week after.

Tis true, a score of 120 will see him hit 531k, another score of 120 will see him hit 537k, the week after a score of 120 will see him hit 553k. Check TooSerious if you want confirmation.

Opponents are Carlton, St Kilda & GC, if I was a betting man I'd say a 120 average is well within his capabilities. In fact, he may even go higher given his propensity to smash weak opposition.

Bump.  Tisn't true.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: ubeaut on June 07, 2014, 10:16:05 AM

Who would u choose?

Depends how many spare trades you have. Stevie J's price will skyrocket over the next 6 or 7 weeks and could be used to leap frog up to a much more expensive mid. Would take Jelwood as the keeper if trades weren't that available though. All the best with what you decide. Shouldn't pay any attention to me though as I've just had the round from hell.    ::)

Vinny

Now that I've had a think about it, I'm not so sure. Like he is a good buy but my main focus is league. My draw is easy until R19 where I play JR. Considering passing on SJ and grabbing Fyfe. From a league perspective, Crowley and Curnow is scary in finals.

Bully

Quote from: ScottieD on June 09, 2014, 10:11:45 PM
Quote from: Bully on June 04, 2014, 11:12:36 PM
Quote from: ScottieD on June 04, 2014, 11:02:20 PM
Not true, he is expected to drop the next 2 weeks.  BE 193 this week and if he scores his projected scored, 130 the next.  Projected to drop to 505k.  Basically he will be ripe for the picking next week or the week after.

Tis true, a score of 120 will see him hit 531k, another score of 120 will see him hit 537k, the week after a score of 120 will see him hit 553k. Check TooSerious if you want confirmation.

Opponents are Carlton, St Kilda & GC, if I was a betting man I'd say a 120 average is well within his capabilities. In fact, he may even go higher given his propensity to smash weak opposition.

Bump.  Tisn't true.

Wouldn't speak too soon BE of 133 against the Saints, he hasn't hit 505k and I doubt he will.

FonFatty

For me to even be considering Stevie J he has to kick more goals. The bloke has kicked 9 goals in 10 games, poor form considering he was regularly booting 50+ goals a season. Even though he has predominantly played midfield, I have seen him rest in the fwd line a few times this year and he cant get his hand on it, and if you look at his contested possession rate and his disposal efficiency it is pretty poor. His DE is the lowest out of the top 30 ball winners. He is a big NO for me, for AFL Fantasy I would pick him in a hard beat, for Supercoach I will stay right away. Just my 2 cents.

_wato

Quote from: Vinny on June 09, 2014, 10:31:47 PM
Now that I've had a think about it, I'm not so sure. Like he is a good buy but my main focus is league. My draw is easy until R19 where I play JR. Considering passing on SJ and grabbing Fyfe. From a league perspective, Crowley and Curnow is scary in finals.

Until Fyfe gets the general in your prelim and you're stuck trading him out or playing a rookie you're probably right at this stage. I expect a better outing for SJ next time against Crowley and I'd back SJ to do better against Carlton next game also - In fact the whole team as a unit. The next 6 weeks is what entices me, so I'd back SJ to work his magic.

EDIT: Forgot the split round in Round 18. He may not get rested. Go ahead Vin.

batt

Take what you want from this: 

Home stretch: (last 3, 3 game ave)

SS x4: 150, 116, 101 average: 122.3   
MS: 162 average: 162
ES x2: 106, 123, 160 average: 129.7
MCG x2: 135, 141, 79 (Caff tag) average: 118.3
SPO: 111 average: 111

_wato

But also Batt, take what you want from this.

His last 5 games and opposition (Including SC Finals).
Rd 19 (NM - last 3): 106, 56, 100 average: 87.33
Rd 20 (Fremantle - last 3):  53, 58, 109 average: 73.33
Rd 21 (Carlton - last 3): 75, 60, 92 average: 75.67
Rd 22 (Hawthorn - last 3):  141, 107, 68  average: 105.33
Rd 23 (Brisbane - last 3): 145, 101, 120 average: 122

Apart from Brisbane, that's not impressive. Mind you, you have to get to the GF first.