The riddle that is Steve Johnson

Started by ronl, June 04, 2014, 07:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronl

It's unlikely I'll have the dough to go JPK or Libba for awhile.  The question I ask myself is at his price can I live with 140 one week and 95 the next? What are you guys doing?

ubeaut

Great player but I'd rather others. Gets suspended alot.. will be cheaper next week unless he manages to score 190+ - which isn't unheard of he loves beating up on lesser teams. Depends which Carlton turn up..

Big Mac

Will get a spot in my team from either round 13 or round 14 onwards - too good to pass up imo

ubeaut

Just looked at Geelongs draw - Stevie J could kill it vs the likes of Dogs,GWS,GC,Dees,Saints ... tempted myself now

Holz

Got my midfield complete but swan is on notice if they ate similar prices.

colmullet

will more than likely be my M8 when his BE gets reachable

spudaroos

Not really a riddle, he is an elite midfielder and will be/is a bargain. He before byes he was one of the best non gaj/pendles mids available.

RaisyDaisy

Have had the same thoughts

I can grab Stevie J as my last mid next week, and Tyson to SJ will cost next to nothing, but I don't have Rocky, JPK or Fyfe in my team and it's so hard deciding on which one to pick out of those 4

I feel like JPK is too expensive, and if I want Rocky then I have to get him this week before he rockets well over 650k too

Stevie J does concern me - has me feeling edgy and nervous, but at 530k its just too good a bargain to ignore

All the mids I brought in this year I have got at great prices when they bottomed out, and so far its worked a treat, so SJ would continue that trend

Wish we could get 10 mids! So hard to leave a few of these out

T Dog

Stevie is an Enigma not a riddle.. 8)

benharris222

As most people will say, he will be an absolute steal in a few weeks.

Bully

Quote from: benharris222 on June 04, 2014, 08:19:54 PM
As most people will say, he will be an absolute steal in a few weeks.

Grabbing him next week, his 50 odd will drop out of his rolling average so it may be as cheap as he will get.

Vinny

I reckon he will be my last midfielder, will trade Kane Mitchell to him and then I'm done. It really just depends on how much I have to spend at the time. Hopefully he doesn't act like a spastic and get himself suspended.

Ringo

Just a concern with Stevie J if he does not get himself suspended will Geelong rest him for the Final match against Brisbane?

Vinny

Quote from: Ringo on June 04, 2014, 09:01:08 PM
Just a concern with Stevie J if he does not get himself suspended will Geelong rest him for the Final match against Brisbane?
That's something to factor in for sure but I think it will be worth it considering the points he will score up until that point.

Bully

Quote from: Vinny on June 04, 2014, 09:02:57 PM
Quote from: Ringo on June 04, 2014, 09:01:08 PM
That's something to factor in for sure but I think it will be worth it considering the points he will score up until that point.

Between Shenton & Wingard (coming in next week or the week after) I think I'll have adequate cover.