Round 12 - Giants v Bombers - Saturday June 7th - Spotless Stadium, Sydney

Started by Ringo, June 03, 2014, 08:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: Ziplock on June 08, 2014, 12:15:00 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on June 08, 2014, 09:53:48 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 08, 2014, 01:29:51 AM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 08, 2014, 01:25:23 AM
I'd argue it was very much intentional contact, there's no real point in arguing whether it bounced off his arm or not  because intent was quite clearly there.

It's intentional contact, but not intentionally head high... I *think* that's a distinction made isn't it?
Correct. The head contact is what they base it on. So it's reckless, low impact at worse. It was pretty minimal head contact, Smith played it up.

by the afl grading system that's still like 225 points for rough conduct, which is at least a week with an early plea (assuming he has no carry over).

Quote from: tabs on June 08, 2014, 12:11:52 PM
watching it live you knew that he played for the free kick but he did hit him. He might get a week but i think Smith might help him out at the judiciary

I don't even know if I'd call 'playing' for it the right word... he just made it really obvious he'd been illegally cracked across the face.
true but he got up and carried on like a chook. Its up to Smith whether Myers has a break or not though

Ziplock

Not really- the mrp grading system works out for rough conduct that if it's high and intentional or reckless, so long as the impact is reportable (which, even though it was low impact, it was in a reportable range), you're still going to be copping weeks.

Capper

Quote from: Ziplock on June 08, 2014, 12:24:09 PM
Not really- the mrp grading system works out for rough conduct that if it's high and intentional or reckless, so long as the impact is reportable (which, even though it was low impact, it was in a reportable range), you're still going to be copping weeks.
but similar to the GAJ one if no injury to player all ok

Rusty00

Quote from: tabs on June 08, 2014, 09:59:00 PM
they do get a medical report from the team doctors so if no injury occurs it certainly helps

Ziplock

it was a kind of different scenario- GAjs wasn't as hard and it was during play... even then, I honestly think a big reason he got off was because he's GAJ, and with the season he's been having it'd be ridiculous if he didn't win the brownlow for something so little.

Quote from: Rusty00 on June 08, 2014, 10:26:51 PM
they do get a medical report from the team doctors so if no injury occurs it certainly helps

that's true. I'd still be surprised if he didn't get 1 though.

Ziplock

So, he got cited for striking, not rough conduct or misconduct, which means he can accept a reprimand... best case outcome for myers.